Pokemon GO

moonman

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
pretty much, yeah.

might help you understand: (skip to 3:50)

the AR is more of a snapchat filter than actually you 'finding the pokemon with the camera'

"We might need to drive over on that grass"

"We might NEED to drive over on that grass."

holy shit what

Reactions: List

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
"We might need to drive over on that grass"

"We might NEED to drive over on that grass."

holy shit what
it's an addiction man

next thing will be 'that guy's gonna steal our pokemon, we might need to kill him'

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
How long do you people give this meme?

I give it 3 months then the hype will die and everyone will be bored.
Why do you feel the need to take the piss out of/try to suck the fun out of whatever gaming gimmick is popular when literally one of your hobbies is collecting old outdated video games in real life and in roleplay servers.

Guess what? That's all outdated stuff too. Do people still enjoy it? Yes.

I'm sure people called video games back in the 90s gimmicks and it'd pass.

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
If you can be smart and realize that you can't go on private property, or you just know that it's just a game then it's pretty fun.

Nebulae
Why do you feel the need to take the piss out of/try to suck the fun out of whatever gaming gimmick is popular when literally one of your hobbies is collecting old outdated video games in real life and in roleplay servers.

Guess what? That's all outdated stuff too. Do people still enjoy it? Yes.

I'm sure people called video games back in the 90s gimmicks and it'd pass.
Because anything new scares me.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
Retropirate, you have no idea how unbelievably popular Pokémon Go is. Most kids at my school are playing it, some teachers are playing it, even kids at my school who used to think Pokémon was for losers, are playing it.

Pokémon Go is a geo-caching game, which gives incentive for those who like Pokémon and those who go outdoors to play it.

I personally don't like Pokémon. I'd much rather play a normal Pokémon game, but you can't deny the popularity of Go. If it does eventually die out, then what's stopping it from setting a trend or 'geo-caching' genre of mobile games which may also go on to be popular?

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
CnE5yTbXYAAsoPF.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...us-holocaust-museum-asks-players-to-stay-away

Toasty

Roleplay Psychologist
Nebulae
There is a lot of tourist attractions in my town so there is like a shit ton of pokestops for a small town with 2000 people in it.

I quite like the game tbh. It's fun.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
certain people take their social insecurities out by shotcopping and s2king in roleplay gamemodes to piss people off and escape the reality of their lives.

but that's none of my business I guess.
certain people dedicate their lives to directing a server and being head admin, risking the chance of being attacked verbally by angry roleplayers, just as the pope dedicates his live to directing Christianity and being head priest, risking the chance of being attacked verbally by angry thiestic/athiestic people.

<3

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
certain people dedicate their lives to directing a server and being head admin, risking the chance of being attacked verbally by angry roleplayers, just as the pope dedicates his live to directing Christianity and being head priest, risking the chance of being attacked verbally by angry thiestic/athiestic people.

<3
And in your case, some people just want to watch the roleplay burn and play tf2 comp.

Nah, in all seriousness - It's quite nice to see games being shown as a positive thing for a change instead of being spun negatively by the media, which is almost always

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
killing virtual cops is how i escape my insecurities

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
literally all day at work today, grown-ass men and women aged 35+ have been talking about pokemon go

two of my coworkers walk to lunch every day, and they planned their route according to how many pokemon they could catch on the way there and back

i for one find it incredible, and hope this continues, it's like elementary school all over again when chris the developer calls over to amado in customer service asking if he wants to battle