Serious Post screenshots from other games!

Gazra

Aye.
Nebulae
6FBF5DAA5C5D78E6DF5C62DE26F8FBC009A273D6

48E88EAE17CE6846D4B5E23A626D157C8B73A229

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
How does one play Oblivion 109 times without getting bored of it

Asking because never played Oblivion
Mods mainly, but also roleplaying as a very specific character - basically turning the game into a challenge mode. Always gives a unique spin on the game.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'll be honest, Skyrim was a good playthrough the first time - but I cannot bring myself to play it multiple times the same way I can with Oblivion.
Personally I'm not as big of a fan of skyrim at this point, as an RPG it's not deep at all and I find the combat really really boring.

But as a platform for modding and shit? It's cool what people have come up with. Entire conversion mods and such.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'll be honest, Skyrim was a good playthrough the first time - but I cannot bring myself to play it multiple times the same way I can with Oblivion.
Oblivion and New Vegas just both have this charm that neither Bethesda games past them seem to capture very well

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

it's weird how if you take a step back and look at Skyrim from a design point of view almost everything is no good, very bad, and terrible

But somehow it's still an incredibly good game according to most people (myself included) and I have no idea why or how

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
it's weird how if you take a step back and look at Skyrim from a design point of view almost everything is no good, very bad, and terrible

But somehow it's still an incredibly good game according to most people (myself included) and I have no idea why or how
Skyrim was very unique at the time I think. And it was Bethesda, who (despite being kinda shitty even then) still had a big pedigree.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Oblivion and New Vegas just both have this charm that neither Bethesda games past them seem to capture very well
Not only does Oblivion have a Nostalgic charm, but through mods, I can import many of the really cool quirks and features from previous elder scrolls games like Morrowind and Daggerfall into Oblivion. And like Blackquill said, people have made some really amazing mods

Skyrim looked good, especially for the time it came out, and it's a great game for the story and animations and voice acting

But it utterly fails as an RPG, hence why I can play through the story once perfectly fine - but I can never find myself to immerse into the world and create characters to fit in, because you will always be "The Dragonborn xD" and with how the skill system works in the game, there's literally no thought put into character developing.

Outside of the main quest, it's just boring. Tiresome, tedious and ultimately pointless

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Personally I'm not as big of a fan of skyrim at this point, as an RPG it's not deep at all and I find the combat really really boring.

But as a platform for modding and shit? It's cool what people have come up with. Entire conversion mods and such.
It’s pretty bad if you force yourself to play it to see if it gets any good. I can’t get past 4 hours without getting bored. The best RPG I’ve ever played was New Vegas (Vanilla) but after playing Witcher 3 (Vanilla) I think it tops it for best RPG in my eyes.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Oblivion is comparatively kind of really shit compared to Skyrim. It had so many simple QOL improvements (like being able to use magic and a blade) that it's hard for me to go back to it for all I adored it and it was my introduction to TES.

But what I think Oblivion captures better than Skyrim? The fantasy aspect. Cyrodil is bright and shiny. You have forests full of wolves, dark ruins, goblin tribes, mountain lions and bears and imps and the snowy north and all this other cool stuff.

You could detach Oblivion from TES and it'd be an amazing fantasy game even still.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Oblivion is comparatively kind of really shit compared to Skyrim. It had so many simple QOL improvements (like being able to use magic and a blade) that it's hard for me to go back to it for all I adored it and it was my introduction to TES.

But what I think Oblivion captures better than Skyrim? The fantasy aspect. Cyrodil is bright and shiny. You have forests full of wolves, dark ruins, goblin tribes, mountain lions and bears and imps and the snowy north and all this other cool stuff.

You could detach Oblivion from TES and it'd be an amazing fantasy game even still.
You can use magic and a sword AND a shield in oblivion what do you mean

<3 Joking, but yeah I understand why people like Skyrim over Oblivion - but I prefer that old style of "Character Sheet Fantasy" that old Elder Scrolls game had