Pre-Built Gaming PCs?

Lapis

Extreme Turbonerd
Nebulae
I use an iBUYPOWER PC, completely premade. All my problems have been solved by simply updating drivers.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
hello friend I'm fucking mentally retarded when it comes to computer specs, could I be given some estimates as what I'm should be looking for my friends???
[doublepost=1510188358][/doublepost]
It says pre-built on the name my guy
yeah but we were just saying you'll save a buttload building it yourself lol

either way look out for a i5 8400 or r5 1400 or 1600 CPU wise

for GPU look out for Rx 470/570/480/580 or a gtx 1060 for 1080p 60fps

and please get an ssd
although most prebuilts with these parts will be 300 or 400 more than diy and you'll probably have a shit psu

Reactions: List

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
Nebulae
I have the same problem as @Zach here. Really I just want to fix the fact that I get 3 FPS on the fucking HL2RP server. Preferably on the cheaper side, I don't care about graphics so much as I care about being able to run the game at a decent speed and not constantly have to save SP games in order to avoid losing it all when I inevitably crash.

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
purchased the computer i have now pre-built, managed to have the graphics card swapped out on me and wasn't able to return it
had to wait half a year to scrape up the money to buy a new power supply and graphics card

just build your own, but if you really don't want too build your own avoid CyberPowerPC's pre-built computers

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
problem with prebuilt PCs is that even if they're 'beast' they all have subpar graphics cards, even gaming ones

slick

Nebulae
yeah but we were just saying you'll save a buttload building it yourself lol

either way look out for a i5 8400 or r5 1400 or 1600 CPU wise

for GPU look out for Rx 470/570/480/580 or a gtx 1060 for 1080p 60fps

and please get an ssd
although most prebuilts with these parts will be 300 or 400 more than diy and you'll probably have a shit psu
I did some more digging around, how does this seem?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230263

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
problem with prebuilt PCs is that even if they're 'beast' they all have subpar graphics cards, even gaming ones

Basically this. Depends what you want to do, if it's only gaming and what your budget is.
[doublepost=1510270572][/doublepost]Also don't buy a PC because of GMod FPS holy shit pls

slick

Nebulae
Also don't buy a PC because of GMod FPS holy shit pls
gmod is the only game i can play currently i'm just tryna play some decent games alex my man

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I use an iBUYPOWER PC, completely premade. All my problems have been solved by simply updating drivers.
i went on their site and they're selling fuckin i3 + 1050 w/ 8gb RAM builds for almost $1000 wtf

anyway even if you don't know how to build a PC, it's not hard whatsoever, it takes like 10 minutes to do, it's literally just legos but instead of pushing something into something else, you screw something in, and even then, as long as it's not water-cooled your PC can be horribly broken and it'll work 90% of the time

my pc is a £1,200+ build now, cba to find out how to properly install it so i literally just left my SSD resting on top of my power cables and that shit works perfectly, before then i had a shitty almuninium case that i literally fucking brought a woodsaw to it and chopped support struts off so i could fit my fatty gpu lmao

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'm going to have to go with the popular crowd, I did build my PC myself and boy has it worked out to be a charm, lemme pull up the specs on what I am using for my system.

CPU: Intel i5-6600K OC'd to 4.50 GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 6GB Version
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3600 Mhz
Primary OS/Game Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
External HDD: 1 TB WD "My Passport" Ultra
Primary Monitor: MSI Optix G27C 27" 1080P 144Hz Curved Monitor
Secondary Monitor: Acer S240HL 24" 1080P 60Hz Monitor
Tertiary Monitor: Sony HDTV 49"
Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator MB24
Mouse: Logitech G300s

Now, this can all be made yourself, for a cooler I use the Corsair H110i GT, you can maintain a steady OC if that's your thing with that. As for building it, really as long as you read the manual, you should be able to connect the pins together, only times you'd have to be extremely careful is with the CPU, because they run on delicate pins which can break/bend. Where those pins are with regarding the CPU is really up to the manufacturer you get. (Intel has the pins on the motherboard and the CPU have contacts, great for if you break a pin, you only need to replace the motherboard, AMD has the pins on the CPU and you drop it in at the right place and it'll work without any force needed)

AMD's Ryzen setup has indeed made them a whole lot more relevant in the conversation with regards to choosing CPU's. If you asked this question two years ago, I would tell you that Intel is the only way to go because AMD at the time used heavily outdated technology, now though it is completely up to the user to choose between one or the other. Personally I do like my single-threaded performance due to games not supporting multicore technology that much, so really, my recommendation is with Intel for that one, but AMD is definitely an viable route.

RAM's expencive as fuck these days by the way, and speed isn't really that much a factor, so 16GB of 2333/2400 Mhz can work, just don't get 8GB of RAM, with more demanding games popping up nowadays.

SSD's, I totally recommend that, unless you like slow loading times. Just note that these can last around 10 years of constant medium usage, really it has a limited number of writes, where if you fill the SSD up 50 times, it eventually degrades, but the performance and the fact it can last so long with normal use, it doesn't matter too much.

Oh, and of course just get the Motherboard that fits with the CPU that you're getting. i.e if you're getting an Overclocking CPU, get the motherboard that works with that CPU. Monitors is up to your taste if you like it ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratios, or want a fast responsive monitor or just straight-up prettier one with 4K.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
RAM's expencive as fuck these days by the way, and speed isn't really that much a factor, so 16GB of 2333/2400 Mhz can work, just don't get 8GB of RAM, with more demanding games popping up nowadays.
Don’t Ryzen processors benefit more from ram speed than intel though?

Budget builds are where I recommend Ryzen 5s, they’re ludicrously good for general use. Intel falls flat a lot of the time whenever I have used them, but I do multitask a lot

And good god please build it, Bitwit did a great guide on how to.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
really good
the price is, ehhhh
but the 8400 is on par with the 7700k (the gaming king circa few months ago) and its got 6c/6t
the graphics card is all you need for 1080p ultra gaming
and it has an ssd
It’s still a massive overpay though

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If you’re on a budget, look at Ryzen 5 over an i5 that’s for sure otherwise consider Ryzen 7 1700 or an Intel 7700k.