Progress Update #2

Nebulae
I hope voice only will be the end of circlejerk metagame discords, dozens of people standing idle because they’re busy in some chat platform and people stalling to alert their friends
if nopixel is anything to go by i doubt it

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
if you find out someone is using discord to voice chat with their buddies spawncamp them until they stop

Reactions: List

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I hope voice only will be the end of circlejerk metagame discords, dozens of people standing idle because they’re busy in some chat platform and people stalling to alert their friends
Probably not but it'd probably be easier to see who's being a fuckin weirdo and metagaming through voice

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
People who speak multiple languages will finally be superior. Watch me listen in on the german speaking mafia while shit talking them in Danish as some administrator sits clueless because he only speaks english.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if you find out someone is using discord to voice chat with their buddies spawncamp them until they stop

If theyre using discord to alert their buddies and they get caught they’re getting permad, and that is more satisfying than hospital camping.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ICly they’re talking to them on their phones

no they’re not. GTA will have in game phones and radio. Using discord/TS to coordinate in game will be considered metagaming.
[doublepost=1639412992][/doublepost]
bit harsh

it’s literally metagaming. The things people are used to in HL2RP will not be continuing in GTA without repercussions. Use the in game phones, radios, or speak to another character directly.

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
no they’re not. GTA will have in game phones and radio. Using discord/TS to coordinate in game will be considered metagaming.

it’s literally metagaming. The things people are used to in HL2RP will not be continuing in GTA without repercussions. Use the in game phones, radios, or speak to another character directly.
Are you gonna be an admin/developing it or something or are you just giving your opinion

Romeo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae

yeah?

200.gif

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i’m just saying a permanent ban is a bit harsh

i thought me getting banned for 500 years for crashing into the hospital accidentally on some random server was a bit harsh but yknow

and like
Just wait until you see the punishments for lesser offenses. :wink:
i don’t know what kind of hard-ass staff member you plan to be, since you’re clearly lined up to staff, but it really isn’t that deep, i don’t see any need to be iron-fisted

but hey whatever have fun banning people for 10 years if they ride a bicycle down a highway or some shit lol

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
how did this revert to the argument of discord groups

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i’m just saying a permanent ban is a bit harsh

i thought me getting banned for 500 years for crashing into the hospital accidentally on some random server was a bit harsh but yknow

and like

i don’t know what kind of hard-ass staff member you plan to be, since you’re clearly lined up to staff, but it really isn’t that deep, i don’t see any need to be iron-fisted

but hey whatever have fun banning people for 10 years if they ride a bicycle down a highway or some shit lol

Metagaming is probably one of the worst offenses someone could commit in a roleplay server besides straight up exploiting. You should know this by now. Not a single server will tolerate it, and you should definitely know that. It can ruin so much especially for long term arcs, and make things incredibly awkward if tainted by meta.

No one’s gonna get banned for doing dumb shit like riding a bike on a highway, or slamming their car into a wall, and it’s not about being an iron fisting admin, but Alex expects that rules are going to be more seriously enforced and with that heavier punishments, especially if, or when it goes whitelist. And we know how Alex prefers his bans.
[doublepost=1639414352][/doublepost]
post your balls

sub to my onlydemons
[doublepost=1639414407][/doublepost]
how did this revert to the argument of discord groups

the ancient enemy

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Everyone does it like. Talking on discord while playing a game I mean, I’m not gonna sit talking about irl stuff with my mates in the game chat.

If people are doing that and then use the same discord channel to decide where to meet up etc then I genuinely don’t see what the issue is. When it comes to them being arrested/killed where they physically could not contact anyone then it’s different

Last edited: