Progress Update #2

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Radio stations containing copyrighted content will be disabled.

i think that’s all of them.

would that perhaps open the door for player-ran (at least RP wise) radio stations with player made music?

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
They're intended to be overheard in some way, shape, or form. Someone could be nearby a person that's on the phone. Texts can be obtained and read. Radio frequencies can be hijacked.

yup thats why people will use discord thats the point of my comment good job attentive skill of hearing me

You’ll be able to talk on the radio just by pressing a bind lol, it’s as easy as talking in proximity.

doesn't incentivize meta is my point i guess. i'd try to just make it audibly appealing or some shit make it sound super cool so people prefer it. that literally tricks lizard brains to going 'ingame radio cool...'

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
doesn't incentivize meta is my point i guess. i'd try to just make it audibly appealing or some shit make it sound super cool so people prefer it. that literally tricks lizard brains to going 'ingame radio cool...'
I mean if you're discussing in game stuff over Discord instead of the radio then enjoy the ban I guess.
[doublepost=1639616748][/doublepost]This is not hard to understand, we don't even need to be having this discussion whatsoever.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
will police follow probable cause so that they can't just stop players walking down the street and try to talk to them for no reason

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
will police follow probable cause so that they can't just stop players walking down the street and try to talk to them for no reason

i mean police never needed pc to engage someone in a conversation.

to actually detain someone they need reasonable suspicion, not probable cause.

"hey can i talk to you for a moment about x, y, and z" -requires neither pc nor rs
"i am detaining you in relation to x, y, and z" -requires rs

the difference here being voluntary vs nonvoluntary. police are absolutely going to ask questions from people, it's up to the person being questioned to y'know, walk away or otherwise disengage from the conversation.

i'm sure that there will inevitably be someone roleplaying a cop that's abusive, but that's something that will have to be most likely have to be addressed in rp, like going through their supervisor or the courts. will we see rules? not likely, unless it's super exploitive (funneling police gear from armory), beyond excessive, or infringes on other rules through their actions (racist, mass rdming, powergaming)

Last edited:
Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i mean police never needed pc to engage someone in a conversation.

to actually detain someone they need reasonable suspicion, not probable cause.

"hey can i talk to you for a moment about x, y, and z" -requires neither pc nor rs
"i am detaining you in relation to x, y, and z" -requires rs

the difference here being voluntary vs nonvoluntary. police are absolutely going to ask questions from people, it's up to the person being questioned to y'know, walk away or otherwise disengage from the conversation.

i'm sure that there will inevitably be someone roleplaying a cop that's abusive, but that's something that will have to be most likely have to be addressed in rp, like going through their supervisor or the courts. will we see rules? not likely, unless it's super exploitive (funneling police gear from armory), beyond excessive, or infringes on other rules through their actions (racist, mass rdming, powergaming)
you're white lol!

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
The two years of criminal justice classes are finally going to pay off.

Now I can accurately portray the criminal justice system on a GTA V role play server.

Just as the founding fathers intended of me.