Serious RDR2/GTA/ARMA/OTHER Server Poll & Dicussion

What server would you like to see? (Select all that apply)

• GTA Text-Based RP

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • RDR2 Text-Based RP

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Arma 3 PVP/PVE (WW3 RP?) Server

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • GTA or RDR2 Voice RP Server

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • GMOD Text-Based RP Server

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Sandbox Server (If it comes out this year)

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other (Put below)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
I still don't see what the problem with s&box is. Once it releases it's going to practically kill garry's mod and simultaneously become one of the most played games on steam in one fell swoop. It's going to be garry's mod 2 in every way in terms of graphical fidelity, optimization, scope, etc. as well as be far more functional in terms of creating and programming

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
I still don't see what the problem with s&box is. Once it releases it's going to practically kill garry's mod and simultaneously become one of the most played games on steam in one fell swoop. It's going to be garry's mod 2 in every way in terms of graphical fidelity, optimization, scope, etc. as well as be far more functional in terms of creating and programming
cdc.jpg

@alex

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
voice chat sucks for anyone who isnt anglo

rdr 2 seems cool but itd probably suck developing it

Reactions: List

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
...so because facepunch hired someone the game's now unplayable and garbage? Please explain
The only two things I've heard is that...

1. There's a 'fear' that the developer in question will put a backdoor in the game. (lol)
2. Apparently Garry doesn't like roleplay and will restrict Sandbox to the point where it'll be impossible for roleplay-based gamemodes to exist.

Only time will tell what happens tbh.

Nebulae
didnt garry join nebulous/lemonpunch one time
joining a server =/= liking it

1. There's a 'fear' that the developer in question will put a backdoor in the game. (lol)
2. Apparently Garry doesn't like roleplay and will restrict Sandbox to the point where it'll be impossible for roleplay-based gamemodes to exist.

give us a source

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

Not going to comment on the first part but the second is definitely true.

Sandbox being Source 2 is a major mistake imo, a switch from a well established game engine that's frequently updated is far superior to an engine with a single game made for it by a company known for being unreliable. There's so much I could actually list for problems with sandbox but I don't think anyone is actually interested.

didnt garry join nebulous/lemonpunch one time
No, it was a friend of mine using a gmod exploit to make people think it was garry and give them the achievement.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
Highly doubtful, sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

I think Garry's smart enough to know that he'd effectively eliminate 3/4ths of the playerbase if he did this. I've additionally seen zero evidence to back any of this up

like it or not s&box is going to have to be the future of hl2rp

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Highly doubtful, sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen
Facepunch definitely didn't have their forum database breached and leaked a few years ago and didn't inform anyone or anything...

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think Garry's smart enough to know that he'd effectively eliminate 3/4ths of the playerbase if he did this. I've additionally seen zero evidence to back any of this up

Garry hates roleplay gamemodes

Pretty sure this is a well known fact

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Alternatively it's the end of it, especially considering the only 2 people involved in the development of HL2 RP in the last 10 years won't be continuing it in sandbox.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
note tho that garry sided with the roleplaying streamers on rust when a bunch of PvPers joined and started killing everyone

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
note tho that garry sided with the roleplaying streamers on rust when a bunch of PvPers joined and started killing everyone
doesn't mean he likes roleplay servers though

I don't think garry himself was involved (if i recall he got banned from some server at one point tho lol) but it's def the best PR move to side with streamers playing your game to an audience of hundreds of people

That's money not worth burning

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Assuming HL2RP doesn't die out by then it'll either be even more niche and fading than it is now (and given Alyx did next to nothing to revitalize it overall I'm betting it'll be even worse by the time of Gmod 2, even if HL3 is on the horizon by then) so would there be much point even if anyone was interested?

I personally don't think so tbh. Neb wise especially I don't think anyone wants to and @Blackquill alone deserves a break lol

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
There's so much I could actually list for problems with sandbox but I don't think anyone is actually interested.
do tell, all signs seem to be pointing that they're not going to block people from coding things (vehicles, weapons and gamemodes were all mentioned by name) on the fly

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
do tell, all signs seem to be pointing that they're not going to block people from coding things (vehicles, weapons and gamemodes were all mentioned by name) on the fly
Giving up unreal in favour of source 2 for a start

what a actual blunder