Serious RDR2/GTA/ARMA/OTHER Server Poll & Dicussion

What server would you like to see? (Select all that apply)

• GTA Text-Based RP

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • RDR2 Text-Based RP

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Arma 3 PVP/PVE (WW3 RP?) Server

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • GTA or RDR2 Voice RP Server

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • GMOD Text-Based RP Server

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Sandbox Server (If it comes out this year)

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other (Put below)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm going to repeat what I said in the other thread, we're not interested in working on or launching another text based RP server.

Also sandbox

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm going to repeat what I said in the other thread, we're not interested in working on or launching another text based RP server.

Also sandbox
what about a voice server with a text option?

D

Deleted member 1381

serious rp is almost impossible to do voice based

you can still have a fun semi serious server but it will be focused on 'the grind' similar to servers like altis rather than actual hl2 level roleplay, which is why voice is preferential as it streamlines the process. voice based shouldnt be seen as an upgrade to serious rp and instead its own unique gamemode

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
rather than actual hl2 level roleplay
HL2 RP isn't just serious roleplay, it's super serious roleplay and that creates major limitations with gameplay, development, etc.

It wasn't always this serious, it used to be much more flexible but the players took it to this level because I guess that's what they wanted.

D

Deleted member 1381

HL2 RP isn't just serious roleplay, it's super serious roleplay and that creates major limitations with gameplay, development, etc.

It wasn't always this serious, it used to be much more flexible but the players took it to this level because I guess that's what they wanted.
that's what I mean, the type of server where you can properly create a character be it a civilian or a vortigaunt and immerse yourself into it without outside distractions

branching out to other games isn't a bad thing, but people shouldn't expect it to be an upgrade to the type of roleplay offered by HL2 either

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
nebulous roblox obby or text based rp

i will accept one or the other

D

Deleted member 1405

so are you going to shut the server down at some point, or only when interest is no longer there @alex?

walgreens

Electron
Nebulae
sell your $NEB before the headstaff hedge fund shuts it down for good

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Arma 3 is a weird thing to do

1b96509fa1b85965c36c32ba855c6614.png

66b7c94733cf822db420c95ad47ff930.jpg

998549547f797f2649eff7f095e0b508.jpg

ea5258bcfe972b7acb07dfabc47ab677.png

Operations on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
It goes off the current Stasiland lore. We play as Warsaw Pact.
It's hard and shit and there is still the aspect of "map painting." If you get your ass kicked in a operation, they'll take something.
Over time the war develops.

Winter, Spring, Fall, Etc.
Brutal operations. Paradrops, Naval Battles, Coastal Defenses, and hours long battles in dense ass forests.
Depending on how the war develops, we could see stuff in the jungle or the suburbs.

Oh yeah, it'd be epic.

I'd like to put out something - this sounds good, but, finding the means to do it, the people to do it, the fps to do it, is a much harder thing. don't take this as negativity, but just a take - i am not that versed in this community, but i've had experience on the arma milsim scene. if you know anything about what im talking about here, quote me, start a conversation. it's worth it on my end to get more points of view, even if you dont know, doesnt matter.

you can't throw yourself headfirst into those kinds of things, because as soon as you do you'll end up failing over and over because of mundane things. I haven't found that big of maps that'll work for that type of play - obviously, i could be wrong here.
point in case, where i play at rn, when we were about 18-20 people big we had to run drill ops so we can work on basics and engage in working on those things. multiple of those things.

If you don't know or cant handle the fundementals, you wont be able to handle more complex things, right? so if we were to start an arma side of the community, we'd need actual organization on the level that we have some people who know the basics of small unit stuff (platoon level command, aka managing squads and running an operation), who know infantry training, and who can teach those things to others - Arma has been a tool for me for the last year to gather training on stuff like leadership, small unit tactics, infantry basics, and much more.

If that would be started (which by the popularity of it, it seems it might go up), you need a kind of business model if you think about it. I go by the 'share knowledge' model, aka, whatever you may know, share that knowledge to someone else, as it'll help you achieve your goals in the game, and then apply that model to real life.

I'm just saying - go in humble, don't throw yourself in confident because the AI and the gamemaster will absolutely crap on you.

don't take this as hate, just sayin smthing as a non in the community. also im down to help if this boots up