Resolved Re-add the previous iteration‘s archive 2

fabevil

Proton
Premium Member
Nebulae
What does this even mean? What? No one has an obligation to a roleplaying medium.
Sorry, I woke up early today and wrote up some philosophical sounding shit to make me sound smarter.

Still, feels kinda not nice to tell people to let go of HL2RP in such a blunt way, considering it is the foundation of this entire community.

Reactions: List

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I think having the archive would be nice, I don't even know what the arguments for or against even are anymore

I get the feeling this whole conversation is going towards a very uncivil direction where we're talking about the death of HL2RP and shit when its clear thats not what this thread was for

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae

You can open quite a lot of threads, its not perfect, but its better than nothing.
While it works, I don't this is an solution most people advocating for an archive opening are asking for, esp with how janky it could be.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae

You can open quite a lot of threads, its not perfect, but its better than nothing.
i would advocate for this still in any other situation but for forums especially its rly annoying to archive on there, and its missing a lot of stuff - which could be rectified at least if the archives were opened again

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
yes this or open it up for one day again so i can sprint to the event board and char bios and save everything i need
p much all of my image links and art is gonna be broken by now
i did back my own bios up i think, not sure how many people have

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
heres some of my intellectual property if anyone wants it

Late 2018(?) early 2019 - Helix 1
LxFH4LE.png

7sxRe9F.png

5GgqLoE.png

TFvXOqs.png

ISztvaN.png

5IlJqWn.png

Raine finis

Verne exist
KKnIQPY.png

verne go away
x8kH9l8.png

ZFPttS5.png

gtlIAzd.png
J4EG4ZA.png

K7RngOo.png

iMuFsvj.png

death
YAksjrq.jpg

NHnQcaq.png

Py1gNiO.png

YCPZTxY.png

LVkeWgG.png

f1WZErj.png

ZQ0Yfm7.png

6SHP2fV.png

Y2Erkmm.png

8JeFnVZ.png

qQEl8cR.png

uN5CW66.png

more some other day

edit:
deeplore, original journal i made for the bluesuit blues leader
BYUEY3b.png

Last edited:

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
what i want more than anything else is the event subforums archives
that should be pretty inoffensive
YQ4jSQn.png

3NP7NRf.png

vCBedhX.png

Fd3zfAT.png

v17ur7T.png

utdMvr0.png

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what i want more than anything else is the event subforums archives
that should be pretty inoffensive
YQ4jSQn.png

3NP7NRf.png

vCBedhX.png

Fd3zfAT.png

v17ur7T.png

utdMvr0.png
Real

I think having the event archive be published again is the very least that could be done

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Think its a bit shitty to take a swing at the playercount for a cheap zinger when its a passion project, personally.
It’s okay, let them.

If it were the other way around I’m sure there would be issues but alas.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Might aswell post the biography I still got (thank you blackwheel (no this is not a snide jab at him, he sent me the bio from the archives))
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

donnie morenos
A man who'd truely seen all sides that the chaotic, occupied world has to offer, from a rich douche writing newspapers and movie scripts, to the average worker's class man hailing from the rat infested sewers, a man simply known as Donnie Morenos.
image0.jpg

image3.jpg

image0.jpg

The Departure
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tex
image0.jpg

portrayed by Mike65536
I've known this 'ese for about... I dunno', 6 hours? At least that's what I thought, turns out the guy was in the same 'education' camp as me, we were both 16 years old at the time, scared n' uncertain of what was gonna happen, but hey, look at us now, it's been over a decade and we're still standin' upright, for now atleast.
Archie

image0.jpg

portrayed by owlmom
Her electric parrot's interestin', even if I don't understand a single fuckin' bit about it. B'sides that, it's nice to have someone else from México around 'ere. The 'AI' is a bit of a dick, though.
Ost

image0.jpg

portrayed by Dr. sandu
The most trust-worthy vort' I know. He fixed my little infection problem, I got 'im some food in return. We talked 'round the campfire, told 'im my story n' all, he‘s a good man, well, not a man, but y‘know what I mean.

We've been through much t'gether, especially in Vladivostok. I was afraid that we lost 'im when I saw 'im splattered in his own blood, after gettin' hit by a rocket. Thankfully, he survived, Ost's thick skinned y'could say. He's a valuable soldier, and a good friend. I'll miss Ost' once I'm in LA.

Pole

image1.jpg

portrayed by Thood74
Pole, or whatever his real name is, is a weird guy. He‘s a friend’a mine, that‘s for sure. We’ve jus‘ been talkin‘ here n‘ there. I don‘t have much to say 'bout him, but I 'precciate his help like storin‘ my shit and all. Kinda fuckin' off that he joined the cause outta 'boredom', pretty sure he‘s lyin', 99% sure. Everyone‘s got a reason they‘re done 'ere, boredom ain‘t one really. I‘ll probably find out the true reason sometime soon, but that‘s not really on my to-do list.

We were too late to save 'im from Camp Jouchi. I'm sorry, Pole, we let y’down, the cops paid for it.

Michelle
image0.jpg

portrayed by Jerry_Dasher
A fuckin' no-good snake. I know she ratted on me, I jus' fuckin' know it. She's lucky that she those 'Rangers' let 'er go, she would've been gone if it was up to me. Y'better be careful not to cross paths with me again, puta.

I finally did what I‘ve been longing for, for so many hours of my life. I‘ve finally done it, but I don’t know if it was worth it. Beating you to a pulp didn‘t make a difference, but I‘m finally relieved of trying to make plots on how to get rid of you.

Alyssa
[I lost the image for Alyssa]
portrayed by frentium again
Alyssa's definietly trust worthy. If it weren't for 'ere, I wouldn't have even known who ratted on me up in the city. I owe 'er one, too bad we don't talk a lot, though.

████
image0.jpg

portrayed by Jackround12353
What the hell is it, what the hell does it want from me? Why me?! So many questions, yet no answers. I wish things would make sense nowadays.

Wallace

image0.jpg

portrayed by Phil from MyPillow
When I first met Wallace, t'last thing I expected was that I‘ll be fightin' alongside 'im against cops in russia. We‘ve been through so much together ever since he recruited me into the Marshals back in City 24. I’ll miss this guy once I’m in L.A...Y'are one hell of a leader, Wally. Never change.

Hux

image0.jpg

portrayed by Gazra
I've known this guy for quite a bit, we fought together in Vladivostok. He‘s a respectable man, and a good fighter. I‘ll miss him.

Renjiro

image0.jpg

portrayed by deathwolf
It's been a while since he got snitched on, feels like it was yesterday. Renjiro deserved better, way better. I still remember that train derailment mission, when he nearly died fallin' into ice water tryin' to grab a AK... good old times. Y'may 'ave had the intelligence of a goldfish, but y'had the courage of a lion, Renjiro.

Lev

image0.jpg

portrayed by NightLock
Been a while since this guy died too, we were on that train mission too. He deserved better, jus' like Renjiro. It was sad t'see 'im go, he was a good guy.

Kelly
ZVFSrv.jpg

portrayed by FreeSpy443
One of the two survivors of my crackden job I gave out a couple'a months ago. He was badly injured, and I'm still sorry 'bout it, especially about Digger's death. Kelly 'imself is a good guy, joined PSI 'cause'a me, he said. Hopefully he survives long enough t'move to LA aswell.

Norman
ZVFlb2.jpg

portrayed by @fabevil
He sacrificed 'imself for me, kicked a cop in the nuts when they held me back from the group. It's been a while since then, and he's the most respectable man I've ever known to this day. I just wish his sacrifice was for a better moment. Rest well, Norman.

ElectricTaco

Electron
Nebulae
While we're at it, maybe we should make a separate thread somewhere to just pile all archived stuff as some of you have done already. On the other note would it be possible for staff to release certain 'cornerstones', that is certain threads for example lore-related that were pinned in sections or factions guides and as such? Besides, I think certain types of threads such as research projects of WI/UIRD/UIL could surely be released to the public.

PS: also what Evil and swede said

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
why can't we open up the event archive at least
tons of events, apps and stuff that stretch from 2016 to 2023

none of the drama that people are scared about, just content that most of us dearly want back