Resolved Re-add the previous iteration‘s archive 2

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I wanna say I'm not against the archives being opened or anything, but there are absolutely people who'd have a field day with dragging things out of it - especially if they were sitting open for an extended period.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
wh-

Roleplay was a mistake.

Honestly speaking it wasn't extremely detailed and I laughed my fucking ass off at 3 AM and at the ban appeal that came after so it was a less painful memory.

Everybody laughed at the situation and I don't think anyone shat on the guy for the IC meme so all was good in the end.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I wanna say I'm not against the archives being opened or anything, but there are absolutely people who'd have a field day with dragging things out of it - especially if they were sitting open for an extended period.
sitting on the fence again huh

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Sisyphus-e1557869810488.jpg

I feel like a decision should just be made already. I still don't see the point is keeping it locked up, especially the Helix 1 archive which was open no more than a few months ago. Like people would've already dug up shit? Make C.W is a bit different but still.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
sitting on the fence again huh

I can be ambivalent about the archives being opened while pointing out that some former Nebulous members are ill-adjusted assholes who see absolutely nothing wrong with attacking others over things they personally dislike and would have a field day with the archives, yeah.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
the amount of effort required to search through the archives already rivals half-an-hour for things locked in the screenshot thread
i laid the effort and flow out already, now multiply it by however many people ask for things to be dug through teh archives
i get it, but i don't get it
i just want screenshots from clockwork

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Sisyphus-e1557869810488.jpg

I feel like a decision should just be made already. I still don't see the point is keeping it locked up, especially the Helix 1 archive which was open no more than a few months ago. Like people would've already dug up shit? Make C.W is a bit different but still.

the decision was already made wdym

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Of course it works, hells, you just made it sound even more sensible to ensure you save the stuff
Yeah, I do a lot of archiving.

The great irony here is there were a lot of threads and stuff that I would have grabbed, except I didn't know anything about the board getting hidden until it had already happened.

But people have literally come back after years away just to throw accusations around and dig shit up over roleplay
The only person I remember that happening to on the forums was foxar and that was over the whole OMSO = literal nazi department thing.

Then again by that point he was going around soliciting slipping mickey advice from randoms so he was pretty fucked in the head regardless. There was some drama over spine but afaik none of it was over logs, just stuff that happened outside of neb?

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
maybe open it up to trusted individuals? have some thread that people can post on to get access to the archives?

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i can be trusted i haven't told anyone that phil is actually an alt of bigdaddyboy

Callum

Neutrino
Nebulae
ce98f8baacde7d9f322c7299cca27929.jpg

I want to see my PK appeal when I was 14 and claimed my mum (I am physically recoiling with cringe) used my account and got me killed by firing an mp7 (I'd got it the day before and wanted to shoot it) in the shell beach tunnel, causing a sweep resulting in the deaths of myself and 2 other long-lived rebels+ a vort

The fact I actually expected people to believe that story still haunts me. Every time I see people joke about "My brother used my account" in the context of PK appeals I conceal my shame

But yeah this would be cool, I'm willing to show my cringe to the world- Plus seeing old bios would be great

P.S I just realised that the archive for that appeal would be in Lemonpunch so not applicable here. Ah well I've been meaning to get that story off my chest lol

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
ce98f8baacde7d9f322c7299cca27929.jpg

I want to see my PK appeal when I was 14 and claimed my mum (I am physically recoiling with cringe) used my account and got me killed by firing an mp7 (I'd got it the day before and wanted to shoot it) in the shell beach tunnel, causing a sweep resulting in the deaths of myself and 2 other long-lived rebels+ a vort

The fact I actually expected people to believe that story still haunts me. Every time I see people joke about "My brother used my account" in the context of PK appeals I conceal my shame

But yeah this would be cool, I'm willing to show my cringe to the world- Plus seeing old bios would be great

P.S I just realised that the archive for that appeal would be in Lemonpunch so not applicable here. Ah well I've been meaning to get that story off my chest lol

Hahaha that's actually funny in a heartwarming way, I can even imagine you going like "My brother used my- no wait, that's too common. My mother used my account. Send. I am a genius."

A couple years ago I would've thought you're laughing at me but seeing it now it's all cool hahahaha