Serious Resident Evil General

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
when am i gonna run into mr x fr

i done the three medallions thing
Who are you playing as?

He'll crop up at the same time in the A scenario regardless of who you play as but one character gets more of him than the other.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
I've been practising with Claire A hardcore to unlock the shit tbh and I've realised even for Leon it isn't usually worth it to backtrack and pick up the third weapon since you can easily get by with the GL/Shotgun (especially upgraded).
Claire A seems rather easy compared to Leon, especially because of the GL. Still getting used to dodging zombies but it's tricky. I finished that run way faster than Leon with about 3:30 hours

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Claire A seems rather easy compared to Leon, especially because of the GL. Still getting used to dodging zombies but it's tricky. I finished that run way faster than Leon with about 3:30 hours
Claire's GL is better against Lickers & Dogs (if needed), Leon's Shotgun is far better against zombies due to auto-decap from close range and bosses (especially upgraded).

Claire's starting pistol is a lot worse than Leon's though. The enhanced ammo you can get kinda balances it out late-game against bosses, but I didn't use it other than that.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
Claire's GL is better against Lickers & Dogs (if needed), Leon's Shotgun is far better against zombies due to auto-decap from close range and bosses (especially upgraded).

Claire's starting pistol is a lot worse than Leon's though.
Surprising enough, in Claire I didn't use my pistol at all except for the first actual boss.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Surprising enough, in Claire I didn't use my pistol at all except for the first actual boss.
The second pistol you get is by far the better option, her first one can be upgraded into a semi-magnum which is handy.

Other than that I didn't touch it other than the first boss (cause I had to), then G2/G3 boss fights.
[doublepost=1549388460][/doublepost]
mrs uncanny valley girl
1) Don't you talk about her like that.......

2) Okay good, you'll have less of him than Leon does. But imo her story with her secondary character is a lot better than Leon's anyway.

Solitaire

Neutrino
Nebulae
To be honest, with those saying the game isn’t scary have probably played the first RE2 where the static background and dodgy PS1 controls were the scariest thing about it. I have to agree that it’s definatey a; the first run through is the best run because you can’t expect anything.

But I have to say on Standard I never died to anything other than a boss and this was my first playthrough having never played the original title but the tension I felt throughout was frankly the most atmospheric thing I’ve experienced outside of the Metro games for claustrophobic terror.

Solitaire

Neutrino
Nebulae
Story isn’t the high point of any RE game and honestly the don’t think the game would be as fun not on hardcore

Well that’s your opinion, I had fun on Standard and will insist on it. Assisted however is indeed something of a diluted experience.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae

Claire's starting pistol is a lot worse than Leon's though. The enhanced ammo you can get kinda balances it out late-game against bosses, but I didn't use it other than that.

In the B story you can barely use your main gun and have to stick with that awful cowboy revolverino, since I was saving all Claire's big guns for the bosses I ended up entering the lab with no ammo at all

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The modding community for RE2 has taken off quite a bit

People are already working on First Person and Fixed camera mods

Also someone modded DMX to be Mr. X's theme already, naturally.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Eight achievements to go, including two hardcore S rank runs.

Joy.

but the tension I felt throughout was frankly the most atmospheric thing I’ve experienced outside of the Metro games for claustrophobic terror.
You'll probably enjoy the first REmake if thats your jam - its even more atmospheric and tense, IMO.