Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Leon! :-D
33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png

Reactions: List

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
To be honest, with those saying the game isn’t scary have probably played the first RE2 where the static background and dodgy PS1 controls were the scariest thing about it. I have to agree that it’s definatey a; the first run through is the best run because you can’t expect anything.

But I have to say on Standard I never died to anything other than a boss and this was my first playthrough having never played the original title but the tension I felt throughout was frankly the most atmospheric thing I’ve experienced outside of the Metro games for claustrophobic terror.

nah
both games are kids games

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
The modding community for RE2 has taken off quite a bit

People are already working on First Person and Fixed camera mods

Also someone modded DMX to be Mr. X's theme already, naturally.
where do i download mods

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Trying for an S+ Rank Hardcore with Claire A, not doing too bad.

Made my first save just after beating G1 Birkin at about 24 mins, the ideal plan is to save again just before the G2 fight at the end of the sewers next. If I can get to the Nest by about 1:30 I'll be fine I think.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Trying for an S+ Rank Hardcore with Claire A, not doing too bad.

Made my first save just after beating G1 Birkin at about 24 mins, the ideal plan is to save again just before the G2 fight at the end of the sewers next. If I can get to the Nest by about 1:30 I'll be fine I think.
Update - I got my first S+ on Hardcore.

Saved after G1 with Sherry as I said, before the G2 fight and then before the G3/G4 fights.

Died twice or three times early on - once as Sherry as I fucked up and once to Mr. X but I don't remember if I got a third. Died again in the NEST due to an Ivy with no defence items, and once to G3 due to losing track of the First Aid Spray and getting smacked.

Overall though? A lot of fun and I'm gonna spend time fucking about with the infinite weapons I've unlocked (Samurai Edge, L-E5 and Minigun) before I tackle Leon, as I'm a lot less knowledgeable on his campaign.

128c638acde670b471fa2c6ad7030cbe.png

Last edited:

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Update - I got my first S+ on Hardcore.

Saved after G1 with Sherry as I said, before the G2 fight and then before the G3/G4 fights.

Died twice or three times early on - once as Sherry as I fucked up and once to Mr. X but I don't remember if I got a third. Died again in the NEST due to an Ivy with no defence items, and once to G3 due to losing track of the First Aid Spray and getting smacked.

Overall though? A lot of fun and I'm gonna spend time fucking about with the infinite weapons I've unlocked (Samurai Edge, L-E5 and Minigun) before I tackle Leon, as I'm a lot less knowledgeable on his campaign.

128c638acde670b471fa2c6ad7030cbe.png
why u gotta flex on a man like this what'd I ever do to you

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
why u gotta flex on a man like this what'd I ever do to you
As someone who honestly isn't all that good at the game (like I still died a fucking lot) I can honestly say that it is a lot easier than you'd expect it to be, especially once you learn the route and what you need key item wise.

The biggest pain is inventory management because you get a lot less side-packs and the fact any attack (almost) will knock you from Fine into Danger.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
im just going to skip most of the game