Nebulae
honestly my gripe with the game is the complete departure from zombies

vampires and werewolves and dolls and homeless men but not a single zombie

wtf
can't just have zombies for 25 years.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I was expecting horror, it just felt silly as fuck watching the gameplay for it.

7 was GENUINELY SCARY at bits and retained it throughout the game

but man holy fuck the fish part of the game was just laughable, no tension no time no nothing and at the end you just fight this waddling fish out of water who does barely anything to you and you just blow it up with barrels and shit it was not TENSE

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can't just have zombies for 25 years.
then give me evil residents

re9 should be from the perspective of a landlord and a nebulous user has become a tenant

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Village has some fucking terrifying sections lmao - far more than 7 in so many ways.

But no, it isn't a super horror game and that's fine to me. It has so many cool as fuck elements and the way it all sort of wraps into being believable for the REverse is fucking cool.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
zombies aren't the only enemy in RE games

there was always BOWs like the hunters, the giant spiders, tyrants, and so on

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Haven't finished RE8 yet but I can tell you now some moments in that game I've played through so far were genuinely bed wetting and fucking nightmare fuel how tf can people say there wasn't any scary or tense moments lmfao

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
7 was scary in the first half, sure, but the lack of enemy variety killed the horror in the second half

8 might not be the scariest game but resident evil games were never supposed to be silent hill level of horror

I was expecting horror, it just felt silly as fuck watching the gameplay for it.

7 was GENUINELY SCARY at bits and retained it throughout the game

but man holy fuck the fish part of the game was just laughable, no tension no time no nothing and at the end you just fight this waddling fish out of water who does barely anything to you and you just blow it up with barrels and shit it was not TENSE
it's a pretty tense boss fight man, still better than any of the boss fights in re7 lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'll be honest in that I was far more interested in seeing how they tied the "folklore" visuals into the setting and I think they did it well. They had some really cool ideas in 8 and a lot of super cool enemy/boss stuff.

7 never really scared me though and it still has loads less enemy variety than 8 does so I'm probably a tad biased.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I never really played the Resident Evil Games myself but from the videos I‘ve seen it‘s more disgusting than it is scary.