Serious [Review] Art of The Week

ZeroPants

Electron
Nebulae
This is really quite cool, would like to see where this AI thing is cus I'm interested in giving things some more texture (sometimes). Not quire sure what to pick out as you said it was mostly done by the AI, obvi the black and white suits it really well - and if I had to say: I think the first three are all really good but the last one not so much. Maybe try throwing in some full screenshots and see what it makes of it? cool cool
here is the link to the program I use

https://www.portraitai.app/

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Fuck it sure I'll throw this in.

FbUdkoq.jpg

Obviously I've taken hundreds of others; I just can't help but adore the colours, the focus area, the blur. No post-processing on this one.

Taken with a Canon 1500D & 18-55mm lens; f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 200, etc.

I have some high hopes of pursuing photography as a career one day so it always puts a smile on my face when I manage to get stuff like this. And I hope that isn't just an unrealistic fantasy, because being able to take pictures for a living sounds like utter euphoria to me.

Fuck I wish there was a bug on that stick or something that would've looked so nice.

Reactions: List

Inaudible™

Karl-Police Approved
Nebulae
Fuck it sure I'll throw this in.

FbUdkoq.jpg

Obviously I've taken hundreds of others; I just can't help but adore the colours, the focus area, the blur. No post-processing on this one.

Taken with a Canon 1500D & 18-55mm lens; f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 200, etc.

I have some high hopes of pursuing photography as a career one day so it always puts a smile on my face when I manage to get stuff like this. And I hope that isn't just an unrealistic fantasy, because being able to take pictures for a living sounds like utter euphoria to me.

Fuck I wish there was a bug on that stick or something that would've looked so nice.
Man I really wish there was a jumping spider in that photo.

Mickey Toast

All I do is post art and shitpost in OOC chat
Nebulae
qwfzULc.png

The old self crumbles
A new soul is born in flame
Forging a purpose

he also cooka da meatball

Last edited:

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW 25 of 52, 2021

Got my first vaccination yesterday, my arm feels like it is going to EXPLODE.
Anyway:

Heyo, this is neato. I get what you mean with all the different shades and stuff but it really is missing something one way or another. Like at its simplest form it's just some grass and sticks. BUT, the focusing and stuff here is pretty cool - just the right amount of blur to capture that section in front. If you really like focusing on smaller areas like this, Idk if you've ever considered small toy-figure diorama photography? Could be an idea [example]. Either that, or do some bug hunting - take photos of bees and stuff? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Camera angle is perfect, you get just enough of the entire picture with something going on in almost every part. Lighting is great too, really picks that early evening sun-angle where the buildings are starting to get in each others way. If I could've added somethings, they'd be very niche details. Like some soldiers looking from the roof at the far back, maybe a helicopter back between the clouds at the very very far end of the picture. Just ideas really, not much to add otherwise. Great work!

This person mad strong bro. Definately displays some attention to detail and imagination of muscles on muscles on muscles. Lighting and shading is all really ambient and well done. Haven't got much else to say really - woulda been nice to see a head or hand but I uh - guess there's no head? Keep it up - hope to see a complete character next time :^)

time for some first person shit again
battlefield_2_gameplay.jpg
The scene and lighting is excellent as usual, you've really nailed that - but I really think this filter you've put on has taken a lot away from the overall image. Like it's not effective to me imo. I understand you're trying to give it that blocky low quality and low refresh rate look that body cams may have but I think it could have been much more effective with: a little grain, some motion blur, some lens blur for when it gets further away, and perhaps some v-sync / screen tearing. That way there'd still be a little bit of image too where not all the quality is lost. It's how I woulda done it anyways, this is still a great image :^)

Interesting... interesting.. the scene itself is immaculate like there is a lot going on and a story being told which I like. HOWEVER, that is one helluva big, empty, and clean space (which kinda makes sense) but I probably really woulda tried to make use of that space somehow - otherwise you could've maybe had a more effective angle looking directly at the tent and being a little closer [example]- good work!

First of all, the scene behind and in the front of the image is perfect, the lighting the angle and everything is just top notch. The armor is fantastic - with perfect continuity on which side of the armor is actually shining instead of it being all over and such. Each part of the drawing looks fabulously original. The only thing I can pick on is that the way the sword is being held or balanced on the floor is a little weird? I am imagining the grip is somewhere behind the knights forearm but the form of their hand isn't entirely clear to me. Probs just me. Anyways, this is perfect. Great work.
-

@Mickey Toast gets the bold this week
qwfzULc.png

See their work here, it is a great thread
-

Bada bing, bada boom
hope I was useful
ttyl

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae

"Twenty one, only son
But he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
Do just as we say
Finished here, greetings death
He's yours to take away"
067DA2D71EA3DD5824989F1C9140E235FB90767D

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW 26 of 52, 2021

:\

Certainly more creative in terms of setting and whats involved, albeit not that much in nitty-bitty details. Like the setting and environment of the scene takes up much more of an interesting space than say: a typical city or forest scene build. Maybe it could've had something gimmicky added though? Like hanging ornaments, remains of a car deep in the sand, or random posters put up with post editing or in game materials if there were any. What I'm saying is you got a lot of meat for a picture here, just really think it woulda benefited from having really small things. Hope that's useful - bloody nice image still

haven't done portraits in a while, so here is one.
glasses_moment.jpg
Really liking the angle and square resolution for this. It fits really well and gives off a planned design kinda vibe. It's not quite album cover but definitely almost commercial looking. All the details that are picked up almost make it convincing in terms of realism. Haven't got much to add detail wise, a scene wouldn't of benefited this very well so you did the right thing by keeping that out. I think that I would've chopped it a few pixels shorter though to cut out the part of the face that isn't covered by the mask but that's just me. If you wanted to build on this kinda artwork I'd recommend adding some text to the images, could be anything - I tend to think about images a lot differently when I know I need to add text. Great work here

Liking the rain details a lot, how it bounces off the helmets and stuff too - great touches. Lighting is perfect and exciting, would be great to see something in the background. Doesn't have to be another soldier or anything too complicated but some maybe some more wire or posts, mud being kicked up from an explosion - world building kinda stuff just to add the extra something maybe. The fire and muzzle flash effects are real good too! Great work here.

Interesting scene going on here, not entirely sure what the narrative is but the scene building going on is pretty good! (unless its a map or smn). The posing and positioning of characters is pretty simple, nothing too inspiring there BUT the subtlety of the lamp on the left, or the glow from the helmets are the really nice details. They're not too harsh but really add those smaller details which help an image imo. May have been cool to see some more though? Idk, like I said earlier with the narrative, not quite sure what is happening here unless its some kinda delivery? maybe that could have been expanded on idk. Keep it up :^)

Yeah I'm likin this one more than the first - never seen bloom come off in a image this well before. Like the shine behind the trees is super cool which I've never tried to work with before. It's a good pause of action which you gotta look a little deep into to see the far back characters. And what you can see that is close to the camera really could've been improved with SOME KINDA backlight just to warm up the shadows a little. It's acceptable in the silhouette which the first image had, but since most of the second image is within darkness - it needs some more light. Doesn't have to be mental, just enough to get the most of the details which are missing > : (
-

I'm quite liking the work of @Dicknose and @Antloin this week
067DA2D71EA3DD5824989F1C9140E235FB90767D

qXiNFv.png

-

Hope I was useful, not feelin it
Till next time