Serious [Review] Art of The Week

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae

MzWggJp.png

henlo i am back a little, here is a piece I worked on. music goes well with it. i like to imagine these four boys were singing before they were shot up by the cp's :(
attempted some gore in this one, don't look at it to closely lmao​

Reactions: List

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae

MzWggJp.png

henlo i am back a little, here is a piece I worked on. music goes well with it. i like to imagine these four boys were singing before they were shot up by the cp's :(

Ok this with the music fits hella nice.

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
Eyo folks, i wasn't able to write a review yesterday, i've had a jaw infection for the past 5 days and i couldn't really do anything until today because the pain was unbearable, i'll get on my pc in a couple of hours and get going with it for y'all :(​

holiday adi

黑色土人
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 14/53 / 2020

f258c2c77060.png

fb6107d9eaac.png

Flowey and Chara.

Amazing, i like the linework especially the mix of the 1/2 pixels thick outlines, you'd usually want to avoid this kind of thing whilst doing pixel-art but it fits the designs you're going for and also gives them a lot of character.
Your palette's are also really nice, warm and soothing.
Great work.

tried a thing

i dont know if im getting better or worse at lighting
The_Doom_Slayer.png

ripandtear.png

RIP AND TEAR
Fancy lightning, a nice background, but i'm not so fond of that grainy noise pattern that's mostly visible in the background, i don't know if it's something that's common with SFM lightning but​

I don't think i need to say anything about this piece besides that it's wonderful.

Figured I'd drop my latest piece cause I need feedbacks pls pls
viktor-benedikt-pisinger-infestation-hallway.jpg

viktor-benedikt-pisinger-infestation2kdarker.jpg

Great posing, the lightning is spot-on, tho the image is kinda off-putting when you have so many high-quality and well-made props/models in your scene, and then there's a FRAGILE cardboard box that looks like something that you'd find in Half-Life back in 1999.
You could try to mess around with the camera a bit more and maybe add some more detail on the right side of the scene.

MzWggJp.png

I like the posing, the concept of the scene is also unique and interesting, however, the corpse of that man looks.. weird. I don't think it fits the piece at at all, you can also see a bit of clipping on that arm.
The scanner's flash seems too bright, and a bit off-putting since the whole scene.
Other than that, good work!

fuck it havent posted here in a while

cmb_pop_art.png

Ah yes, cock and ball torture.
For me, i think removing the low-transparency pale red pattern visible on the whole poster would make it look cleaner, more elegant and overall better, i'm not even certain what it really is since i can barely make out the shapes, but it looks more like a image pattern that you'd have when stealing photos from shutter-shock.
But that's just my opinion, the piece still looks fantastic.
-

I don't think anyone's surprised that @Piggo will be taking the W this week, as @MaXenzie said, it really looks like something you'd see in the GMOD main menu.
5e0e53b9527a.jpg

Honorary Mentions for "Great Concept and Design"

219441190000202.gif

Really nice submissions this week, i hope you're having plenty of fun during the quarantine, i myself am very bored and have nothing to do.
Have a great morning, evening, day, week.
-Adi.​

Elan

Proton
Nebulae
HsFzV0Q.jpg

Cinema 4d for the modelling. Substance Painter for the texturing.
Still a lot of noise in the shot, might try again with a different renderer soon.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW / WEEK 16/53 / 2020

Think I forgot? Well I did, or technically I just didn't realise it was Monday.
Lets go.

Loving the slow introduction of these HLA models, even though this model looks kinda silly IMO its used quite well here. I just think the lack of contrast and faded colours is a bit strange, almost looks like a soft VHS filter. Didn't even realise that was a black head crab till further inspections. I like this, but maybe just think of more like; appropriate lighting perhaps? Keep it up man, because the posing of the model is pretty good.
The purple tint in the second one is pretty chaotic, like Gman is normish, headcrab going ham, OTA in the background - what's goin on here? They're all posed good just like mix-mashed into the pic yknow? We love a story round here! :^).

Symmetrical building photography gang, I really like the offset of the smaller spire on the right side. There's a lot of good in this, considering how inconsistent film can be too I bet this was a considered pic before closing the shutter. Me likey.

Same energy
Very abstract and weirdly kino, If it were a box aspect ration it could have fooled me for an album cover any day of the week. Not too much glare off the skull which I like too. Just great. Idk what to say, it's just great.

There's a good amount of shading going on in this picture and it's just enough for the vortigaunts which is cool, but you can't make out much else. And I'd argue maybe there's nothing else important too besides the two vorts arguing - but there's some kinda figure on the left that I can only guess to be a headcrabbed *something*. So in summary, some background lighting would be good too just to light the foreground a very light-dark blue colour. Nice work though.

Winner of the BIG BOLD goes to Kino Skull™ @Elan
HsFzV0Q.jpg

-

giphy.gif

Happy easter you guys, great submissions!
I know lockdown/quarantine kinda sucks but make the most of it.
Do some uni/school work if you got some left over, you wont regret it.
Look after yourselves and have a good week!
Message me if you need any help etc.

TTYL
- Danny​

Last edited:
Nebulae
@Danny

Original pic, don't know if it looks any better.

I wanted it to look like GMAN had suddenly frozen time but I guess I didn't give that impression.

I might pose another scene like this later this week. Hopefully it will look cool :grinning:.

KeLsBLl.jpg

An older poster I also did. I'll include it but its not my finest work.

vDm2Tj8.png

Last edited:

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I would've thought quarantine would help me be creative, but its the opposite. I am going mad