Riot Games in complete shitstorm

Fuck riot games?

• Fuck riot games

• Nah dude evil white men!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I wonder what Riot's Chinese overlords are doing about this.
Telling riot games to get cash or shut the fuck up. Which is why they did massive budget cuts at Worlds. Riot can sjw as long as the bring the cash in.

28 or so women cant all be lying that there just might be some kind of issue with casual sexism in the workplace

seems like a bit of an obvious thing that a lot of major companies deal with, so this is not really a surprise and it is a good thing to talk openly about issues like it - and be conscious of how we treat other people in a professional environment
Yeah... sure... but that is not the point. You cant (i guess you can cause they did...) sexually harass people at your company, then punish 95% of your playerbase by locking them from shit they paid for, because they realized they need to pivot and virtue signal with women and non binarys to take focus from one story to another.

This lil shitshow has turned the 'sexual harsssement at riot games' into 'riot games crusade against toxic white men, oh look at us weve always been with women dont worry'. They should fix their shit instead of aiming at players

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
28 or so women cant all be lying that there just might be some kind of issue with casual sexism in the workplace

seems like a bit of an obvious thing that a lot of major companies deal with, so this is not really a surprise and it is a good thing to talk openly about issues like it - and be conscious of how we treat other people in a professional environment

the issue is that woman nowadays classify "sexual assault", "sexism", and "misogyny" differently than they did back then

sexual assault could be a guy that fucked them while both of them were drunk, and she woke up the next day and realized she didn't like the guy for some reason, and hence she was "assaulted"

casual sexism could be a co-worker she doesn't like telling her he likes the mini-skirt she put on today, and because she doesn't like said co-worker, it feels degrading, instead of empowering

after a while of this, wracking up 28 women who "feel that their co-workers are sexist" is understandable

not saying a couple of those people have a point, maybe some of those women ACTUALLY got put down openly and couldn't speak about it till now, but i doubt it was all 28 of them that got put down at the severity that they speak about

keep in mind that accusing both a company and men of sexual misconduct of any kind can cause HUGE repurcussions, such as being fired, a black mark on your record, or even criminal allegations, hence it must be figured out whether the shit said 28 woman are saying is serious enough to act on or they are just collectively bitching since they are in the spot light

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
the issue is that woman nowadays classify "sexual assault", "sexism", and "misogyny" differently than they did back then
I saw this parody comic thing where basically was like:

"If a good looking guy hits on you its flirting"

"If a bad looking guy hits on you, it's harrassment so call HR on them"

Or some shit

Reactions: List

swagile

Atom
Nebulae

"If a bad guy looking guy hits on you, it's harrassment so call HR on them"

Or some shit

its a joke

but all jokes have a ring of truth to them

and unfortunately thats how the workplace is right now; its why you never flirt at work, because it will come back to bite you in the ass, unless you don't want to work there for long

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think a lot of what they said was directly leaked from more than just testimonies to be fair - like, internal stuff got out because a fair few people from RIOT have been leaking shady shit for years. I'm not gonna say all of it is 100% as described, though, but there's enough there to give RIOT a major scare.

Hell; the people causing this complete shitshow on twitter have a history of being abusive and hostile to the community in the past three years alone but the company hasn't done anything to them. They only fired the guy they did for going after Tyler1 because the guy had very little backing in the company as a whole.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
riot have been pozzed for a long time

QZSdOcUpnFz_B4ieeDNLNHlt6e9MS3HQNWUuMpkuhm4.png

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
I think a lot of what they said was directly leaked from more than just testimonies to be fair - like, internal stuff got out because a fair few people from RIOT have been leaking shady shit for years. I'm not gonna say all of it is 100% as described, though.

Hell; the people causing this complete shitshow on twitter have a history of being abusive and hostile to the community alone but the company hasn't done anything to them. They only fired the guy they did for going after Tyler1 because the guy had very little backing in the company as a whole.

them being abusive to men is ok though, no one gives a shit about men in this society when it comes to media (and why it took this long for anyone to give a shit)

i meant whether or not the allegations of sexism were true and had substantial backing behind them

Angel

Nebulae

"If a bad guy looking guy hits on you, it's harrassment so call HR on them"

Or some shit
Anyone who has been on a night out knows that while this is a joke, there is a lot of truth to it.

Cant act like James Bond if you just John Doe
[doublepost=1535979991][/doublepost]The whole problem is the spin.
Make no mistake - this is a spin.
Riot has done this to purposely heat the mob, to call misandry, which then gives them the angle to say they are championing women while all the allegations about them get swept away.

It is some 300 iq shit and knowing the crap riot gets away with, i think they will come out fairly on top

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i meant whether or not the allegations of sexism were true and had substantial backing behind them
Yeah thats what I meant too; while I don't think it was maybe as bad as it was described (for a lot of them) a lot of people have blown the whistle; and more than just women. There were some leaks a little while ago when the first person came forward of some emails or something, I'll try and dig them up.

It may not be as endemic as people think but its enough to make RIOT sweat.

Angel

Nebulae
Yeah thats what I meant too; while I don't think it was maybe as bad as it was described (for a lot of them) a lot of people have blown the whistle; and more than just women. There were some leaks a little while ago when the first person came forward of some emails or something, I'll try and dig them up.

It may not be as endemic as people think but its enough to make RIOT sweat.
https://www.vpesports.com/more-espo...he-gaming-medias-wise-monkeys-and-riot-games/

Highly advise you (and others) read this, by the guy who choke slammed dota2 player from hell in a cell.

He has won eSports journalist of the year before (he is the one who exposed ibuypower matchfixing) and has deep rooted contacts and leakers within riot and elsewhere.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Anyone who has been on a night out knows that while this is a joke, there is a lot of truth to it.

Cant act like James Bond if you just John Doe
[doublepost=1535979991][/doublepost]The whole problem is the spin.
Make no mistake - this is a spin.
Riot has done this to purposely heat the mob, to call misandry, which then gives them the angle to say they are championing women while all the allegations about them get swept away.

It is some 300 iq shit and knowing the crap riot gets away with, i think they will come out fairly on top

i wouldn't put it past them to do the spin, champion women, then try to get legislation passed that "helps women in the workplace avoid harassment", or donate to a charity for "battered women" or some shit to get the heat away from them

as long as enough stupid people look the other way, riot is in the clear; its always been that way with things like this, unfortunately; people only started to care because of the blatant display done by the SJW's in Riot. if they didn't do that, no matter how shitty they were being, they would most likely sweep it under the rug but now everything has come out of the woodworks because they pissed off the wrong people

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
RIOT have a history of managing to sink any controversy against them in the past generally just by refusing to deal with it or twisting what their employees said against their own community to make it a "company-backed stance" even when it was a straight-up attack against people.

I can't name any other company who hasn't instantly slapped that shit down but RIOT have always been far more insular than that. Until now when they really can't sweep this away and them doing so is only riling their own fanbase up more.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
LoL is secretly a way for r34 artists to get into the spotlight so they can make money

its free, so 12 year olds can play it, and any 12 year old can type in "LoL r34" and get mass pictures of Ahri and its ilk

some of the best r34 artists started from LoL

prove me wrong

Angel

Nebulae
RIOT have a history of managing to sink any controversy against them in the past generally just by refusing to deal with it or twisting what their employees said against their own community to make it a "company-backed stance" even when it was a straight-up attack against people.

I can't name any other company who hasn't instantly slapped that shit down but RIOT have always been far more insular than that. Until now when they really can't sweep this away and them doing so is only riling their own fanbase up more.
Yeah, it is easy to do that with the means described in the article above.

Lets no forget that when Richard Lewis was investigating Riot (Nick Allen who then left to Twitch... ye twitch and riot are well connected) told Lewis, a journalist, that "he wouldnt make any friends this way". If that is not intimidation idk what is.

Theyre gigantic, their game is gigantic and they have almost every news source under their thumb. Going against riot is suicide, they have direct control on their "impartial" reddit and get anything too bad deleted.

Lets not forget that Riot also has their chinese overlords. Tencent is... gigantic.
Theyre worth what? 500+ billion? Hard to fuck with as a small guy, when riot is known to sue people into the ground.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Women (and trans people) are marginalized already as it is in the real world. In the "gaming world", it's even worse. It makes a lot of sense to offer women and non-binary individuals, many of whom face discrimination while playing, a place of their own. That's why you have women only spaces elsewhere. I don't necessarily think it's an issue on its own to have a women only place for them to do whatever they came to do. Instead of the outrage this produced, it would be more effective to have a conversation about sexism as a whole within the gaming culture. Social rights and justice seems to be hitting a fever pitch lately. I think it's more a sign of the times that things need to change, rather than "outrage culture" or toxic feminism.