Suggestion shift the server focus away from s2k megabattles on this map, and make the combine more RP-oriented (for now)

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
eradicate the faction divide

rebels and combine must team up against space lizards and their race x masters

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My final post but:

Did there used to be some shitty RL's who prioritize winning over roleplay? Absolutely.

Did you used to have shitty rebels who only got on to S2K and otherwise didn't play characters? Absolutely.

But that doesn't mean people need to camp faction lines anymore. Like, ya'll, you're six months into a server concept that nobody thought was possible and that people said would ultimately last two weeks tops and you're still getting 40-50 players on a good night. That's absolutely fucking insane.

Tribalism is understandable now and again but I think people just gotta breathe and remember everyone is here to try and enjoy themselves.

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
eradicate the faction divide

rebels and combine must team up against space lizards and their race x masters

Unironically something I've been mulling over for a while now, but because I'm not le epic post formatting master, I can't make one of those "Poetic Word: My Idea (First Thing You See ITT Is YouTube Embed Of Some Song)" threads that people can easily digest.
I'll leave it at that to avoid going offtopic, though it seems like this thread may have run its course soon enough anywho.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
I was a bit heavy handed before when saying OTA shouldn't be on the map in an earlier suggestion; I was struggling to find a place for them with the RP side of things, though that's on me for not really being very knowledgable about the OTA's perspectives on the server as I'm very used to them just being there for S2K.

Granted it is a heavily unfamiliar style of gameplay for them, I can imagine a fair few who're used to the S2K engagements being unhappy with pulling back on it and going on a heavily-RP-Focused style. But, with the little outpost idea I've had, it absolutely helps balance that out since there absolutely be S2K opportunities in-place for defending these outposts whilst also giving the combine a fleshed out purpose on the map, and a proper objective to want to go for other than just "retake the city for the combine"
I think part of the frustration coming from @Numbers is also that rebels have themselves summarily refused to adapt or change to fit the server in nearly the same capacity as they expect the Combine players to.

The server is frequently expected to change to suit their own adamant inability to approach problems differently. The way the anti-mask enforcement spiraled so catastrophically is a good example of that.

So the sense of unfairness extends beyond just ‘the CMB need to change their playstyle’ — we’ve done a lot of that for them this iteration and the players have taken it like champs. It also stems from the sense that that change isn’t happening for the good of the server or suiting the story, it’s happening to accommodate a degree of obstinance that’s remained almost unchallenged this entire time.

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
c24 was also supposed to be rebels undercover gaming but they kinda fucked off with that in the first hour lmao

those same ppl are no doubt the ones telling combine players now to 'gO uNdErCoVeR11!!'

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
c24 was also supposed to be rebels undercover gaming but they kinda fucked off with that in the first hour lmao

those same ppl are no doubt the ones telling combine players now to 'gO uNdErCoVeR11!!'
i understand part of that was because of a container limitation issue, but the overwhelming immediate response to tell lambda to fuck off regarding that was hilarious

even when the truce was set up, nobody dared set foot in the city anyway for basic roleplay

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
dont derail my suggestion thread into a flamebait-off

contribute to the idea, but dont be like children, cmon.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
dont derail my suggestion thread into a flamebait-off

contribute to the idea, but dont be like children, cmon.
I'm sorry Sil, unfortunately we still have people that like to be edgy on alt accounts and try to come at me and when they don't like the answer (imagine I asked who they were, how horrible of me) so I'm doing my best not to reply to such

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.
fish.gif

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I think part of the frustration coming from @Numbers is also that rebels have themselves summarily refused to adapt or change to fit the server in nearly the same capacity as they expect the Combine players to.

The server is frequently expected to change to suit their own adamant inability to approach problems differently. The way the anti-mask enforcement spiraled so catastrophically is a good example of that.

So the sense of unfairness extends beyond just ‘the CMB need to change their playstyle’ — we’ve done a lot of that for them this iteration and the players have taken it like champs. It also stems from the sense that that change isn’t happening for the good of the server or suiting the story, it’s happening to accommodate a degree of obstinance that’s remained almost unchallenged this entire time.
I just wanna point out how selfish one side has been for a lot of these map changes as well as the leniency that goes into these changes

When rebels encounter a critical issue with their existence on a map and are asked to adapt, they can refuse and in a few days the whole dynamic will shift to accommodate them and their preferred playstyle (guns out, suits on) more readily, cop regulations will be changed, lore will be bent, etc - the national guard is meant to have a no-mask enforcement rule but it looks like they stopped recently over a single predicament that erupted in S2K (instigated by the rebels over something so minute)

Whenever it's the combine side that needs more engagement and objectives (they are actual characters and I've seen plenty of roleplay from them in the right environments) - the immediate solution from everyone is to just tell them to "make a new character" or adapt to a heavily unfamiliar style of gameplay - going undercover, which I have had people leave recently due to what I suppose is uninterest - couple that with some people going "WHO ARE U" in LOOC as I've been sent screenshots of that sort of compromising BS happen
The real kicker is just storage - a few of people can't spare to unequip guns/suits and as a result it's a mish-mash situation. Some sort of public-storage would help alleviate this - and with public storage (at a cheap price) you can give people a countdown before you reposess their gear for not stashing it....

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
The real kicker is just storage - a few of people can't spare to unequip guns/suits and as a result it's a mish-mash situation. Some sort of public-storage would help alleviate this - and with public storage (at a cheap price) you can give people a countdown before you reposess their gear for not stashing it....
I'm pretty sure you don't even have to stash it, just keep it unequipped

It makes no sense to allow combat ready rebels everywhere as national guard, it makes undercovers and criminals get away insanely easy as a result and makes isolating lone shooters that fire upon the PD checkpoint just that much harder

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
S2RP is and always will be cringe and stupid. No one knows how to lose and people will cry for doing /rolls and losing.
Maybe it's due to the company you keep, ever think of that?

I've done S2RP scenarios for the past week and no one's complained in them so far. No one's pissed their pants screaming for my head.

Nebulae
Maybe it's due to the company you keep, ever think of that?

I've done S2RP scenarios for the past week and no one's complained in them so far. No one's pissed their pants screaming for my head.
the s2rp in the hospital went amazing today, everyone was respectful and patient w/ each other

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
and in an outstanding turn of events, a focus towards S2RP has gone very well on all sides (except the civilian casualties)

thus, my point still stands on this one. shifting from S2K on this map towards other avenues like S2RP, whilst giving the combine and NG side interesting things to do, is absolutely possible and can be very fun for all parties involved rather than people getting pissy and annoyed at an S2K death and then logging off straight afterwards

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
one event does not represent the system's effectiveness in the long run
but it does demonstrate the capacity the server has to facilitate it

and like i said, i am not expecting this to replace things forever, just for this map where it's far more useful

rob

Nebulae
S2RP is good if it's time managed correctly, otherwise it's a slog, scenarios usually dragging on far longer than they should.