Suggestion shift the server focus away from s2k megabattles on this map, and make the combine more RP-oriented (for now)

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
UZki6dX.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm not exactly a fan of blacksuits but there's a reason the models are used across multiple communities and have been since 2010.

They fit the aesthetic just enough to work but they're not HYPER GIGA 4K BIG COCK HD.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
hes trolling bro
well aware of that but if he's going to respond then either he's going to be wasting his time making a pointless response or he might actually contribute something

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
yeah 20 player peak is definitely a win

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
yeah 20 player peak is definitely a win
quality over quantity

what point is there with 50 players if 30 of them only sit around to play Rebels vs. Combine whilst the other 20 actually engage in roleplay

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
quality over quantity

what point is there with 50 players if 30 of them only sit around to play Rebels vs. Combine whilst the other 20 actually engage in roleplay
interacting with the same people gets boring eventually

I don’t know bout you but those 20 people on the server feels like 5, and the city feels dead

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
interacting with the same people gets boring eventually

I don’t know bout you but those 20 people on the server feels like 5, and the city feels dead
may feel a bit dead but 30 bob goods won't make it any better

regardless the point of the original post was seeing that yeah, there has been a shift from S2K towards more RP, and it's been really nice to see. i happen to enjoy not getting domed out of nowhere just by being too close to an ongoing battle that sprung up spontaneously.

also i've seen the rebel discord and the VC when it gets on, like 10+ people all at once chatting there. i don't join it myself but with that much activity then clearly there's still obvious appeal to the server with the focus less towards S2K mega battles, or at least an appeal for the community members to get together and chat

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Not catering to the players that actually want to play and instead desperately bouncing around trying to draw people back and keep them (the same people who were generally getting tired of S2K on that note) makes the entire thing disjointed and stresses you the fuck out because you care more about the player count than the experience on-server.

Sure, work on drawing people back but I don't think people appreciate how soul-crushing it is to be trained to ignore the forest for the trees because otherwise the playerbase claims the server is dead.

Last edited: