Space Station 13

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mostly because there is 0 documentation on it unless you code dive

infact i ahelped while on /tg/ asking if there is a tutorial or some shit for it and was told "no, you just need to ask good players" was essentially the response

so here i am, getting robusted by sweaty people who play tg 24/7 because i refuse to code dive to figure out how the new system works

fuck you tg

there's a guide on the tgstation wiki bro

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
I'm a tg player myself

I enjoy the medRP there, I really like some of their minor features (like the messages telling you when and why their other servers evacuate, their version of the endgame screen/scoreboard, etc) and I enjoy playing on the community that develops (and gets first) many of the features that end up being ported elsewhere later.

As for the more controversial changes, so far, I see most of them as positive or at the very least not that bad. Cloning removal was good imo, and the combat mode/intent change, well.. to me, it just feels pretty inconsequential, honestly. Probably a bit easier to explain to newcomers, not too hard to re-learn, but not that groundbreaking either. I'm more surprised at how controversial it is, honestly.

TG doesn't have a perfect reputation when it comes to the community and I know that, but personally, I had almost no issues so far. (Then again, I play their medRP server and don't really interact with the forums/discord). I've heard that Bee is like TG without some of the more controversial changes and with better community, though.

Nick

OK DOING
Nebulae
I don't like the new intents system.

I am very unrobust, how could you tell?

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
all ss13 wikis are useless the game is just trial and error or someone else helping you until you know it

then its a vicious cycle of you having to teach it to new players

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
all ss13 wikis are useless the game is just trial and error or someone else helping you until you know it

then its a vicious cycle of you having to teach it to new players
the wikis are really useful depending on what you want to know.

for example, if (on tg code) you wanna learn how to set up the SM then the wiki page for it is a genuine help.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the wikis are really useful depending on what you want to know.

for example, if (on tg code) you wanna learn how to set up the SM then the wiki page for it is a genuine help.

Yeah, wiki taught me how to do chemistry and genetics, THOSE FOOLS THEY HAVE GIVEN ME UNLIMITED POWER

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
I've recently started a small "permadeath" experiment. I delete my character each time they die/otherwise end the round in such a state they're not likely to keep working for Nanotrasen (with some leeway, if their corpse makes it to CC, I keep playing them, as they'd be likely revived there, for example).

So far, this has
a) greatly increased the stakes of each round and made me want to survive more
b) made the game's tone way darker (well, if you assume the average ss13 rounds resembles a somewhat average Nanotrasen workshift, depends heavily on the server's RP level and approach people take to identifying antags)
c) made me lose a character to a virus I couldn't cure because I was in middle of nowhere, Lavaland
d) made me lose a character to a chasm because I was an idiot and thought I could grab the Necropolis chest despite being on 1/3 of running speed
e) made me lose a character because my janitor main instincts kicked in and had me replace station lights while a heretic was onboard

So yeah, it's fun, try it out

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've recently started a small "permadeath" experiment. I delete my character each time they die/otherwise end the round in such a state they're not likely to keep working for Nanotrasen (with some leeway, if their corpse makes it to CC, I keep playing them, as they'd be likely revived there, for example).

So far, this has
a) greatly increased the stakes of each round and made me want to survive more
b) made the game's tone way darker (well, if you assume the average ss13 rounds resembles a somewhat average Nanotrasen workshift, depends heavily on the server's RP level and approach people take to identifying antags)
c) made me lose a character to a virus I couldn't cure because I was in middle of nowhere, Lavaland
d) made me lose a character to a chasm because I was an idiot and thought I could grab the Necropolis chest despite being on 1/3 of running speed
e) made me lose a character because my janitor main instincts kicked in and had me replace station lights while a heretic was onboard

So yeah, it's fun, try it out

cant wait to have to remake my char because a non-antag clubbed me to death with a toolbox for shits and giggles

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
cant wait to have to remake my char because a non-antag clubbed me to death with a toolbox for shits and giggles
Well it does heavily depend on the server's rp standards and rules, and even then it obviously isn't going to be fun for everyone

I play medRP, only non-antag "griefing" I've experienced as of late was someone pushing me into the tram tracks (and I can't really blame them for that it's Tramstation)

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i like medrp cause its fun to steal peoples organs from time to time

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
>Me playing Med RP

"Here these pills will help you"

>Checks the person vital 1 minute later, 90 toxic

>Checks pills "CYANIDE"

fuck.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So, just out of curiosity, what roles do you guys prefer?
I usually play janitor or shaft miner.

I try to be varied going for Research, Geneticist, Sec, AI, and QM. Although my favorites are Shaft Miner and QM

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So, just out of curiosity, what roles do you guys prefer?
I usually play janitor or shaft miner.

Lawyer

i make my own cases so i dont get bored