Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | D23 Special look

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
idk why disney didnt just hire a good set of directors and writers rather than a set of retards with no continuity

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can't really blame the fucker though, disney gave a trilogy to three writers and three directors and expected each of them to somehow not step on each others toes and make something

the fact they didnt plan anything out past "the current movie" astonishes me

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
you know this isnt the end of it though
mickey mouse is gonna keep trying to force the star wars nostalgia iv into us until we die
it wont be the end

as if Disney is going to throw away a highly loved franchise because "muh shits over"

theres tons of non-canon material ranging from Revan to the older times, like the start of the Jedi, the first Sith etc.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yea lets just forget that kylo tried to literally mindrape rey, kill her, kill her friends multiple times (DID KILL SOME OF THEM), literally destroy multiple planets and murder hundreds of civilians because humans are naturally forgiving for such things which means the rey + kylo kiss is entirely logical because she helped him kill snoke at the benefit of him and only him

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
you can really tell they had no planned out trilogy when in rotj theres this whole bit where it turns out that ye like ray's parents arent important they are really just no one and then here come skywalker like 'nope bro, palpatine clapped some cheeks and had a son/daughter whatever who are ray's parents' like wtf
also the emperor fucks?

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
how the fuck did palpatine have kids (as the chancellor/galactic emperor) and how the fuck were they relegated to beign scavengers on jakku

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
i like how the leaks on reddit from 2 months ago were 100% true and it sounded like fucking fanfiction back then but i still believed them(a lot of people didn't tho), oh lord i wish they weren't real

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
somebody fill me in on what happened during the movie

cba to watch it myself

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
somebody fill me in on what happened during the movie

cba to watch it myself
all of the character arcs basically got dropped
rey straight up beats palpatine in a fight
kylo pulls a jesus and dies to literally bring rey back from the dead via kiss (disney shit)
poe regresses back to being a retard
half of the movie is spent explaining all the bullshit that happened in the last jedi

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
kylo pulls a jesus and dies to literally bring rey back from the dead via kiss (disney shit)
half of the movie is spent explaining all the bullshit that happened in the last jedi
poe is a male rolemodel shut up

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
  1. figured
  2. >new weak ass character beats emperor of the galaxy
  3. fuck disney
  4. why have characters
  5. youtube rewind

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
honestly the only character i really liked besides the ot ones was finn. everyone else just feels wrong, like they're trying to remind everyone that they're characters instead of actual people.

finn felt the most natural and relatable to me.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly the only character i really liked besides the ot ones was finn. everyone else just feels wrong, like they're trying to remind everyone that they're characters instead of actual people.

finn felt the most natural and relatable to me.

i still feel like finn was going to be the main character

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
  1. figured
  2. >new weak ass character beats emperor of the galaxy
  3. fuck disney
  4. why have characters
  5. youtube rewind
Rey herself technically doesn't beat Palpatine alone, admittedly. She is, by that point, finally able to tap into the well of Jedi who came before her who empower her enough to reflect Emp's force lightning back at him and melt his skull - which bearing in mind, seconds prior, was literally eradicating an entire rebel fleet in the atmosphere above them. He was literally shooting it into the sky and it was just wiping out loads of ships.

Plus, well, before that the emperor very casually manhandled both Rey and Kylo like toys and drained their life to regenerate himself properly.

The biggest flaw 9 has is it had to spend so much time correcting 8's fuckups.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
they only made it worse
Personally I don't think they did.

It's very easy to take what people say out of context without having seen it. It is far better than 8, and would have worked better as 8 than 9. Sadly we got 8 so a good chunk of this movie was having to fix what the last director fucked up royally. Like - a couple of those spoilers Max dropped really aren't even technically correct and make it sound a lot worse, like the fact-

Rey is brought back by Kylo because he's embraced the light side at this point and has the capacity, as all Jedi do, to offer some of his life to heal the wounds of others. He then dies because he was literally on the point of death himself and becomes a force ghost, ala Kenobi and Darth.

They dropped shitty character arcs that were only added in 8 for filler (like the romance with Finn with someone he just met) and corrected Luke's character compared to 8 where he doesn't just fucking toss his father's lightsaber and shit. Poe isn't really even retarded imo, he's just his usual cocky self.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
did they finally explain why people dont just ram ships into each other all the time

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
did they finally explain why people dont just ram ships into each other all the time
Nope, like most of Episode 8 it was brushed over or ignored entirely. It was unironically yet another retarded thing that didn't need to happen or be made canon lmao

Episode 9 was "how did you fuck up 8 so bad we literally have to try and fix the dogshit mess you made" while also being really cool in parts.