Starfield

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

What run are you guys going for? Currently playing as a bounty hunter turned U.C Vanguard man.

My first character is gonna be a beast hunter who fell on hard times when he fucked up a hunt and got a rich client killed on a sports hunt, so ends up turning to piracy.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

What run are you guys going for? Currently playing as a bounty hunter turned U.C Vanguard man.

I'm going full John Ultrakill, murderhobo finish the game ASAP otherwise I'm stuck in Bethesda limbo if I sidetrack too much

(maybe some basebuilding as a treat)

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'll be waiting for the kenshi mods to be dropped and fully live out my Cat-Lon fantasies and bring the Second Empire to its glory

tbh i'm not exactly sure if i should buy it, it's 70 bucks lol i dont think i can afford that yet and i'd really like to buy the new cyberpunk dlc

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'll be waiting for the kenshi mods to be dropped and fully live out my Cat-Lon fantasies and bring the Second Empire to its glory

tbh i'm not exactly sure if i should buy it, it's 70 bucks lol i dont think i can afford that yet and i'd really like to buy the new cyberpunk dlc
(It's already pirated, test it out or DM me if you need any hand with that)

also not worth $70

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
also not worth $70
knew this when they released some perk details and instead of it altering much it just does basic shit like loot modifiers or pisses one faction off on start

like c'mon, where's the interesting or deliberate handycap vs niche bonus stuff?

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
knew this when they released some perk details and instead of it altering much it just does basic shit like loot modifiers or pisses one faction off on start

like c'mon, where's the interesting or deliberate handycap vs niche bonus stuff?
It always looked mid and I don't even blame the devs (too much). The problem with most AAA games is that they are focusing to appeal to a broader audience. If you do this you become jack of all trades master of none. By trying to appeal to everyone then of course everything looks bland.

Let's take a look at how many features/genres starfield has (That I know of):

Shooting,
RPG,
Crafting,
Building,
Settlement Management
Ship Management
Space Combat.
Melee Combat(?)
FPS Combat,
Exploration (no man sky but bad),

On top of a bunch of more shit, I probably missed. It's just not focused, and that's not a BAD thing like it all plays OK, but just OK. It's bland, it can be fun and I'm glad people can have fun with it. But it's not a game with passion per se. And again I'm sure the devs did their best with the resources they had but when you don't focus on one genre or one element then you will never truly achieve something unique.

Would I recommend this game? Yeah sure, but not for $70, $40-20 is a good estimate imo. Especially cause mods etc. although a game should not just rely on modders to carry it. But if you did buy it already and you are having fun with it and you see this post, don't feel bad about it, it's still a fun game just nothing special and that's ok!

Once you hit a certain level of disappointment cynicism is easy to achieve in AAA gaming.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
gKOac4l.jpeg

its honestly been really good idk how anyone can call it bethesda mid
the only unproblematic launch ive ever seen from bethsoft and transparency has been really good

this is by far their most well-rounded title to date
does everything cyberpunk tried to do but good including cities that actually feel alive and populated. shit u overhear from random npcs matters because it gives u quest leads and topics, it's not just I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE
does everything fallout 4 tried to do with its combat but meaty
constant never-ending dialogue additions based on perks and skills, probably more than fallout new vegas even
the writing is solid and the voice acting is mint

the opening is slow, the first two quests are railroaded and then the second ur in open world its a blast

it's not a game with passion
dogshit, cynical opinion imo. its definitely a unique title and probably the only time i've seen bethsoft feel inspired or passionate about anything in their last 5 releases

Last edited:

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Is it gonna get a Steam Workshop?

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
dogshit, cynical opinion imo. its definitely a unique title and probably the only time i've seen bethsoft feel inspired or passionate about anything in their last 5 releases
Perhaps at first, the more I go deep into it the more it feels samey? Like you get that sense of, I've seen this before, I've done that before. And me personally am just kinda tired of that. I would personally never call it unique but I respect your opinion I feel like milage will vary by player perspective

Is it gonna get a Steam Workshop?
Maybe? I wouldn't count on it do, Nexus mods is probably your best bet still.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Bethesda has the same issues as they always do in certain areas, they've sadly had that since Oblivion tbh.

But I have to agree with @john that pound for pound its the best launch they've had. Its not entirely perfect by any means but compared to some prior launches, like Skyrim? Night and day.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Live footage of me trying to negotiate with a crew of a ship to turn over their Ex Crimson Fleet member without undue violence only to fail to convince the guy with my persuasian check and have to murder the entire crew:

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Cannot for the life of me figure out if this is meant to be a child or is just a small woman.
image.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Starfield? More like Midfield

So many years for this? lmao
Ngl if people expected much more than Skyrim in space idk if they know Bethesda lmao

But considering that? Imo its a lot of fun.

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Ngl if people expected much more than Skyrim in space idk if they know Bethesda lmao

But considering that? Imo its a lot of fun.
I'd say it's a little less then that as it currently stands with what I've played, and maybe this will change but there's not much reason to go off the quest path. The joy of a Bethesda game is to just pick a direction and be damned with what the game tells you needs to be done and just see what you stumble upon. But exploring isn't really rewarding and you're better off just following the Point A to point B.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd say it's a little less then that as it currently stands with what I've played, and maybe this will change but there's not much reason to go off the quest path. The joy of a Bethesda game is to just pick a direction and be damned with what the game tells you needs to be done and just see what you stumble upon. But exploring isn't really rewarding and you're better off just following the Point A to point B.

I think that depends on context, imo? I haven't touched the main quest for example bc I've fallen into a rabbit hole of an entirely different faction by chance. But you're right in terms of just wandering directly off and hoping you bump into something.