Starfield

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Starfield needed at least 2 more years of development before it released given the state of it lol

If I had held my breath for Starfield and been genuinely excited I would've been so sad right now for real

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
the one thing that i thought would be redeeming for starfield, open world starship flying, isnt even part of it

flying your ship is literally skipping the most interesting bits

flying your ship

key

Nebulae
so glad I kept my expectations minimal. guess I'll pick it up in a year or two when it's 20 bucks and some guy living on energy drinks and adderall has made a functional seamless ship mod

that's not really the only issue, of course. but I'm sure plenty of other mods will exist to fix the rest of the issues if they haven't already been patched

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
flying your ship is literally skipping the most interesting bits

flying your ship

Contrary to popular belief though, you can actually do all the flying without needing to go into the menus. And honestly, they've been clear it wouldn't be NMS-tier for a year or more now.

Idk, I'm having fun. Its Skyrim in space, a new IP. That's really all I expected.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Contrary to popular belief though, you can actually do all the flying without needing to go into the menus. And honestly, they've been clear it wouldn't be NMS-tier for a year or more now.

Idk, I'm having fun. Its Skyrim in space, a new IP. That's really all I expected.
thats not what i meant

im talking about being able to fly your ship on the planet you want to land on, land yourself and take off yourself

not all it being a cutscene, taking away the fun

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

i couldn't imagine paying 20 euros more than skyrim on release for the exact same game but in space - bugs and lack of polish included

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i couldn't imagine paying 20 euros more than skyrim on release for the exact same game but in space - bugs and lack of polish included

All Bethesda games are buggy on launch tbh. That's not to say its acceptable, but its been that way since Oblivion - and, imo, its a fun game. Its a Bethesda RPG. Really the only knock is not being able to wander off in one direction in the same way as Skyrim.

But I also used to play Elite Dangerous though and thank fuck I'm not expected to fly 30 mins IRL with no way to skip anything just to reach another planet lol

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
All Bethesda games are buggy on launch tbh. That's not to say its acceptable, but its been that way since Oblivion - and, imo, its a fun game.
image.png

image.png

ONE. HUNDRED. DOLLARS. RABID.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
image.png

image.png

ONE. HUNDRED. DOLLARS. RABID.

NO I KNOW I'm just saying that, in my experience, this is the least buggy Bethesda launch I've seen lmao - and its objectively fun.

If you like it, and including the mod support, you're gonna be playing it a very long time.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
All Bethesda games are buggy on launch tbh. That's not to say its acceptable, but its been that way since Oblivion - and, imo, its a fun game. Its a Bethesda RPG. Really the only knock is not being able to wander off in one direction in the same way as Skyrim.

But I also used to play Elite Dangerous though and thank fuck I'm not expected to fly 30 mins IRL with no way to skip anything just to reach another planet lol
I'm sorry but this just sounds like an elaborate cope

Shocker, Bethesda releases yet another unfinished and mid game in comparison to what they actually could produce if their games matched their reputation at the release of skyrim

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm sorry but this just sounds like an elaborate cope

Shocker, Bethesda releases yet another unfinished and mid game in comparison to what they actually could produce if their games matched their reputation at the release of skyrim

Like I said, I'm enjoying myself. I've had one fairly obvious bug in my entire playtime and no crashes but I also literally and unironically did not expect more than "Bethesda make a Bethesda game" like they've done since 2006 across five releases.

I didn't buy into the huge hype train behind it and knew what I'd be getting.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
NO I KNOW I'm just saying that, in my experience, this is the least buggy Bethesda launch I've seen lmao - and its objectively fun.

If you like it, and including the mod support, you're gonna be playing it a very long time.
I will concede that the main cities' atmosphere are amazing and the artists did a great job with the immersion and artwork for them. Even rivaling some of the star citizens' cities. Neon and New Atlantis are two of my favorites. The gunplay I also had a lot of fun with and the guns have various effects which I enjoy. Skill tree I'm kinda mixed on but It's at least somewhat creative. Although they shot themself in the knee (pun intended) with some abilities straight up restricting features such as a stealth bar. So the game can feel pretty restrictive in the first few hours depending on your playstyle.

But the problem is THE PRICING. It's a marketing strategy and one that is going to be plaguing the industry as people blindly support it, especially cause this game will show it works. People will still buy $70-100 games with DLC on top of that eventually. People should have better standards than "The modders will fix it" You aren't paying the modders you are PAYING BETHESDA.

I still think it's a fun game despite its many flaws and I'm glad people are having fun with it, but it could have been so much better and the practices it incorporates are textbook videogame marketing. Proving once again that as long as you have the marketing budget you don't have to try too hard.

Todd does it again.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Skill tree I'm kinda mixed on but It's at least somewhat creative. Although they shot themself in the knee (pun intended) with some abilities straight up restricting features such as a stealth bar. So the game can feel pretty restrictive in the first few hours depending on your playstyle.

One thing I appreciate about the skill tree is it forces you to use what you want to get better at, even if its in basic-bitch ways like "kill 10 enemies with this gun" lmao

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this game seems divisive as fuck
everyone I've spoken to either loves it or hates it

i think there was an expectation problem leading into the game's release