[Suggestion] Replace WW3RP with WW2RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
lets not get ahead of ourselves here. we don't even have the hl2rp server up and running yet.
i actually agree

it's not like i'm going to play here, but it's better to get hl2rp up and running, then when the playercount is maxed out on a regular basis, you guys can investigate the possibility of a second server

Reactions: List

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
It's always healthy to preplan, considering it'll be pretty likely WW3RP will come back. If we do discussions like these now, we won't have to do them in the future.

Kaine

Quark
Nebulae
PacificwarRP would be cool as fuck, we could start every campaign with a allied naval attol assault. have regular banzai events, flammenwerfers etc.
maybe operation barbarossa from the start to the fall of the reich(or we could even go globs/coals live action campaign route from LP). Battle of stalingrad would be insane to roleplay, kursk, all the big ones. if we do go ww3rp i'd want changes to the lore, the time setting especially, why not the cuban missile crisis? 80's USSR was starting to become weak and stagnant, the peak of the cold war was the 60s.

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
PacificwarRP would be cool as fuck, we could start every campaign with a allied naval attol assault. have regular banzai events, flammenwerfers etc.
maybe operation barbarossa from the start to the fall of the reich(or we could even go globs/coals live action campaign route from LP). Battle of stalingrad would be insane to roleplay, kursk, all the big ones. if we do go ww3rp i'd want changes to the lore, the time setting especially, why not the cuban missile crisis? 80's USSR was starting to become weak and stagnant, the peak of the cold war was the 60s.
Pretty sure they took the 80's because there were more tech options
But I do agree with your last part, I don't really wish for another set-in-the-past war though as I said earlier, but I don't get to choose.

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Honestly, I'd say dont do World War 2
We've gone back in time enough, and I think that going into the future would be easily more interesting
We could have Rail Guns, Spaceships, Galactic Armies fighting against each other in Space and on Planets, Laser Swords, Mech Suits, Augmentations, we could literally do anything whatsoever as long as we are capable of justifying its existence within what would be our own personal Lore

Kaine

Quark
Nebulae
Pretty sure they took the 80's because there were more tech options
M16 and AK'S existed in the 60s, pretty sure the M16's entered service the year the cubans got antsy.
flak jackets of course existed
only thing important we might miss if we go to the 60's is the helicopters, they never played a important role in the gamemode anyway
it'd actually be fun with less tech n shit, have designated ROs, no women etc. all the stuff that was hinted at when the lore change was in development.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Let's just restart WW3RP back to clean state, no new lore, just the old lore fixed and extremely worked on to make it much more better and interesting. We don't need to go the super realistic mode with the lore either.

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
Any type of WWRP is good in my book.

I think before we even start any form of World War server there needs to be a healthy player count on the Half Life 2 RP server that is still bring processed and created. I'm optimistic on the future though, and I hope it returns. Still let's not jump the gun.

Last edited:

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Auschwitz RP?
does it mean i'll get reparations for my auschwitz inmate char

To be honest we should do something new, the whole concept of WW2\WW3\WW232312312312RP was getting dull. It was the exact same thing month after month, we should try something newer and more original this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.