[Suggestion] Replace WW3RP with WW2RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
I heard some Bioshock was cooking up over at ShockFlashWave, we should hit them up for such a quality game mode for that lush dosh.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
If you're going to do a World War RP at least push it 50-70 years in the future.
Once you have that you don't have to be limited by technology restrictions, instead you can have Engineers making actual projects.
Can't post full opinion right now.

Ace of Spades

Proton
Nebulae
WW2RP opens>
2000px_Cross_Pattee_Heraldry_svg.png
Axis Bias

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Maybe we should focus on the current servers being established before thinking of another one; don't want to over extend.

Honestly it is all just speculation into something which is completely hypothetical - or in the far far future.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Honestly it is all just speculation into something which is completely hypothetical - in the far far future.
We are on our third day of conception, Ye, we got a bit of time before we can do this. But glad there are some hopes for it.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
A wise boy by the name of @Mendel once told me that the issue with WW3RP is not the gamemode or the lore, it's the playerbase.

So, basically it's a work with what you've got scenario. You won't solve any problems by changing the coat of paint on top.

WW3RP will never be great again and will only continue to suck the patience and willies of the players to keep them satisfied enough continue playing, but never good enough to the point where people will stop complaining.

flatcircle.jpg

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
ww3rp was working fine before lemonpunch shut down

i dont know how you fucked up a formula which seemed to be fine

Debatable. I cringed at what it became and left for HL2RP. I didn't find it was very good in comparison, but I keep finding myself saying that about WW3RP and HL2RP.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
ww3rp was working fine before lemonpunch shut down

i dont know how you fucked up a formula which seemed to be fine

edit:

eEchvN2.png

excellent retort sir
>promise a ton of EPIC things before launch
>literally none of it is done, absolutely zero
>somehow run things even worse than in LP

Debatable. I cringed at what it became and left for HL2RP. I didn't find it was very good in comparison, but I keep finding myself saying that about WW3RP and HL2RP.
sorry I forgot you counted for the entirety of WW3RP's playerbase

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae

sure, you can feel how you want but i haven't seen as many complaints in regards to a server in a long time both delivered in confidence and publicly on the forums

its falling into the many same potholes it took a long time to get out of before

i am not saying to change the gamemode, what i am saying is that there needs to be a shakeup in regards to the server

and pretending it isnt there isn't going to fix it

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
kill it now
ww3rp was no different to what it was now than late lp shut up
if u want to change it u may as well blacklist the remaining playerbase

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae

Let's face it here, WW3 will most likely not come back to it's former glory as it is now. Memes have seemed to over-run the server; drama hits the playerbase left, right and centre; and quite frankly, the playerbase on both servers has since dwindled since the start of college/school. Player count will rise and fall as it did back in LP; but quite simply, we won't be hitting the constant 60/60 as we did back in LP.

While I still have hope for the server, I feel like everyone's being a tad optimistic on just how great WW3 will be in the coming weeks. I think we should all take a back seat and discuss how we're either going to improve the meme-based status the server has devolved into; or we should discuss how to make the server great again, and while @Gr4Ss has since left, we'll have to do it without a dev.

We'll have to await an SD and HS decision, on this one.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Well.

WW3RP is pretty much stagnant at this point. Not dead, yet.

No dev means very few mechanical and gameplay changes can happen.

Shitty, meme filled playerbase means the server will never truly be serious.

An IC split between factions becoming an OOC split and causing drama over coals v globs.

An OOC split between S2K and RP becoming IC where people minge about and pretty much never accurately RP a normal person with only some months of training now being put into a warzone.

A staff team that's resigning daily.

SD's generally not doing much, 2 of which resigned before making any big impacts on the server.

Constant metagame with TS during patrols, to the point where it isn't even against the rules to blatantly say where an enemy is in TS and your patrol buddies now suddenly know IC.

A lack of interesting events. There was one good one where everyone was a civie and it was basically This War of Mine, but on the other hand, an SA tried to make a game of "You sunk my battleship" an event.

All suggestions are kept on hold and all of the resistance against said events is "time is a flat circle" or similar, referencing the playerbase's regular flipflops on what weapon bases, whitelists and lore they want.

I might sound like a massive cunt, but it's pretty much everyone's fault. Even people that tried to help ended up making more drama, or starting more arguments, splitting the WW3RP playerbase even further.

Sorry for typos, on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.