Not open for further replies.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
"the players are the problem"

way to bite the hand that feeds, the elitism here is astonishing

If the players are the problem, the server must adapt. No chance of the other outcome happening. It doesn't matter if the players are cancer, if they're all cancer, you can't ban all of the players. The players set the standard for RP, the server adjusts accordingly.

What it shouldn't do is complain that WW3RP would be much better if only it was populated with fucking HL2RP players.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
As has been said, while the military setting of a server such as WW3RP interests and attracts a lot of potential regulars, the current system does not allow for completely immersive serious roleplay unless you have every single player enforcing it, which will realistically speaking never happen.

I'm still under the firm belief that there should one day be a WW3RP server with the emphasis being on the people in the area, such as civilians, with the two current 'major' factions being a contributing part rather than the main front of the server, a hybrid of ftrp, current ww3rp and survival-esque things like s.t.a.l.k.e.r and fallout if you will.

Either that or go full-on 'fuck me up' and introduce a new system in which PKs are way more common and all form of progression is lost upon death while also scoping out alternatives for the current loop of sending out patrols, placing the main emphasis on base roleplay in a military setting with a surrounding world coming to life in the form of a civilian population to interact with, perhaps even a non-apocalyptic version as we have now, but a running society that has to deal with a present military force, maintaining order and stability while going about their daily lives, rather than having them be a band of scavengers.

Oh, and also, the people that keep joining the WW3RP channels to comment on how shit everything is and that we should just close it down while not even being involved or playing on the server, what's there to gain in doing so? Time and time again we've had a good moment being ruined by someone jumping around stating that the server needs to be removed, seemingly under the impression that it's occupying a precious server spot or something within the community.

In any event there'd be a need for SDs and developers, yes. And with that being said I still believe the current server is worth playing on once you find a good session of roleplay amidst those that spend most of their time playing CSGO on the field, I'm under the firm impression people still have fun despite all suffered setbacks.

Reactions: List

swexs

Nebulae
As has been said, while the military setting of a server such as WW3RP interests and attracts a lot of potential regulars, the current system does not allow for completely immersive serious roleplay unless you have every single player enforcing it, which will realistically speaking never happen.

I'm still under the firm belief that there should one day be a WW3RP server with the emphasis being on the people in the area, such as civilians, with the two current 'major' factions being a contributing part rather than the main front of the server, a hybrid of ftrp, current ww3rp and survival-esque things like s.t.a.l.k.e.r and fallout if you will.

Either that or go full-on 'fuck me up' and introduce a new system in which PKs are way more common and all form of progression is lost upon death while also scoping out alternatives for the current loop of sending out patrols, placing the main emphasis on base roleplay in a military setting with a surrounding world coming to life in the form of a civilian population to interact with, perhaps even a non-apocalyptic version as we have now, but a running society that has to deal with a present military force, maintaining order and stability while going about their daily lives, rather than having them be a band of scavengers.

Oh, and also, the people that keep joining the WW3RP channels to comment on how shit everything is and that we should just close it down while not even being involved or playing on the server, what's there to gain in doing so? Time and time again we've had a good moment being ruined by someone jumping around stating that the server needs to be removed, seemingly under the impression that it's occupying a precious server spot or something within the community.

In any event there'd be a need for SDs and developers, yes. And with that being said I still believe the current server is worth playing on once you find a good session of roleplay amidst those that spend most of their time playing CSGO on the field, I'm under the firm impression people still have fun despite all suffered setbacks.
didnt read but heres a neb lol

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
"the players are the problem"

way to bite the hand that feeds, the elitism here is astonishing
b1d.png

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
get tae you metro manlet

pack up your poor resolution reddit-tier garbage reaction images and head back to LoL school

u kno we're sound eh
mfw i agree with u and get roasted

:sob:

buttercup

Proton
Nebulae
I don't think the current players are the problem at all.

The problem is that a lot of the people (not all) that used to make WW3RP more vibrant, engaging and interesting are gone, or do not (or cannot) play as much as they used to.

Big names that spring to mind are people like @Hudson, @Kirshbia, @char, Punchpacket.

These people always stood out to me in the past, but there just doesn't seem to be an equivalent in modern WW3RP

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

The problem is that a lot of the people (not all) that used to make WW3RP more vibrant, engaging and interesting are gone, or do not (or cannot) play as much as they used to.

Big names that spring to mind are people like @Hudson, @Kirshbia, @char, Punchpacket.

These people always stood out to me in the past, but there just doesn't seem to be an equivalent in modern WW3RP

We brought back @Hudson but many within the community took him for granted and started demanding his demotion — to which we did not obliged.

Dist

Proton
Nebulae

I think (AKA my opinion) the reason for this is because a metric ton of ideas and events have been put into use since LP, making it harder and harder to make new unique experiences/roleplay without repeating things over and over. There's only so much you can do with a bunch of ingredients until you can't create a new combination. You add the wrong ingredients and you've fucked it up.

If you eat your favourite food frequently enough, no matter how it's arranged/prepared you'll soon grow to hate it. What am I even talking about anymore?

Last edited:

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Big names that spring to mind are people like @Hudson
Like poop said, its the playerbase, mainly globs here, that demanded his demotion for "not being tactically smart or is an idiot on field".
i think ita clear that were all at fault, hudsons a great rp dude, but people wanted 1 thing since day 1, s2k

Dist

Proton
Nebulae
Like poop said, its the playerbase, mainly globs here, that demanded his demotion for "not being tactically smart or is an idiot on field".
i think ita clear that were all at fault, hudsons a great rp dude, but people wanted 1 thing since day 1, s2k
You make it sound as if everyone wanted S2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.