Information "Tabletop Central" - Tabletop Gaming Megathread

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I’ve toyed with the idea of running a dnd campaign where each player individually controls their own resistance cell or section of combine arms (hl2 setting OFCOURse)

The idea is rather simple, resistance do their best to destabilise while metro do what they can do control the area, occassionally pitting player against player

Anyone got any kind of interest to take part in it?
I know I'm a bit late but if you’re doing this I'd be down

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Since there are a fuckton of Divine Domains in D&D, best to pick the domains you want specifically and make gods for them (for mechanical ease at least)

i'd probably go for gods having a large amount of domains instead of having a large amount of gods, i do agree with @Goopy that keeping the god count kinda low would help with the feeling of hopelessness and that this world is severely lacking in its divinities
any other domain can be justified with "it's a niche sect of a particular god's worship"

Blind God I'd imagine would be both Trickery and Twilight domain, Moon God also Twilight domain, Sea God could effectively be the Blind God or if you want to go more Lovecraftian then the 'Sea God' could potentially not even be a God at all, but something like an Elder Evil or a Star Spawn Emissary that's so powerful that people revere it as a God; could potentially be Nature domain, or Tempest if you want them to be a storm-producer. Fire God would be a little confusing with the death of the Sun God, so rather than they be a Fire God would probably work better as a Forge God (as there's the Forge Domain) or possibly a War God (both Forge and War Domain) who makes use of the darkness to grow in strength at the perpetual ongoing wars for things like resources.

a lot of those domains sound reasonable, though i don't want to merge the blind god and sea god, the doctrines i have for them are pretty different and the vibes they're going for kinda clash

To make the darkness more scary, having a parallel 'god' that is the darkness could be interesting, giving them the Death & Grave Domains. Allows for a unique approach with necromancy where rather than a focus on zombies and skeletons, Shadows and other less-Luminant beings are the primary undead that populate the spaces

i'd spoken to a few folks about this before, i think i'd rather there not be a Darkness god, if only because he'd just be by far the most powerful one and would invalidate much of the worship of the others. maybe the things that lurk in the dark worship some kind of entity, but it's nothing a mortal man can acknowledge

How do you plan to re-balance races with this in mind? Some races and sub races (especially the subterranean races such as Drow, Svirfneblin etc) will become significantly nerfed this way

for custom settings like this, including my previous custom settings i'd made, i tend to make my own depictions of the fantasy races with their own lore. usually 8 relevant races that are core to the world's lore, and then if someone really wants to play a race that doesn't fit within that I'll see if i can add them to the lore (with mechanical changes etc)

like in this world i doubt there'd as much subterranean life, if only because the underground is pitch-black and full of all manner of monsters
i definitely think some cultures would still try it, to varying amounts of success

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve toyed with the idea of running a dnd campaign where each player individually controls their own resistance cell or section of combine arms (hl2 setting OFCOURse)

The idea is rather simple, resistance do their best to destabilise while metro do what they can do control the area, occassionally pitting player against player

Anyone got any kind of interest to take part in it?
me

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
been thinking about the races for the Lightless Lands. here's a couple ideas so far. see if you can guess the initial inspiration for em

Durv
OIG.OFEeq6jCbKA7x1ubZ.oW

Dukar
OIG.aoU6hLrd2IGWCQWVvioE

Vistan
OIG.xunrqzPDEPyi7uPa_mMh

Asmir
OIG.zb1GL027V_iRh_eZJ4cC

Nyxie
OIG.png

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
the true virgin throws as many tags as possible onto their ai generated image, mimicking that of a coomer

the true knower simply types a simple prompt, and takes what they are given

'half-orc receiving a ticket for public drunkenness, hand-drawn'

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

here it is without hand-drawn (i was advised to add hand-drawn after making these)

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png
and the true artist draws them by hand

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the true virgin throws as many tags as possible onto their ai generated image, mimicking that of a coomer

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

here it is without hand-drawn (i was advised to add hand-drawn after making these)

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

yeah "pencil drawing" "sketch" and "flat colors" works really well

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

OIG.png

image.png

my man is bewildered

flabbergasted even

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
some folks gave character ideas for my setting
Vistan Paladin really be a look ngl
OIG.tPgyuXQ0i9c06r1Nwtxc

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Strongest Wild Magic Sorcerer (@Pyromaniac)

image.png

image.png

I'M TRAPPED IN A PRISON OF RODENTS
THEY'RE CALLING TO ME THROUGH THE WALLS
I DON'T KNOW JUST HOW LONG I'VE BEEN TRAPPED HERE
ALL I CAN HEAR IS THE SOUND OF THEIR PAWS

image.png

cat-insane.gif

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Going to be starting Curse of Strahd properly for a group of 3 friends IRL

Two have D&D experience, one's completely brand new. And I'll be running the Death House

Any advice from DMs or Players on making CoS more fun with slightly less players?

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Two have D&D experience, one's completely brand new. And I'll be running the Death House

Any advice from DMs or Players on making CoS more fun with slightly less players?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae

Also looking for any first-hand advice from DMs who have ran Curse of Strahd, or have ran for smaller party sizes in general

I'm used to the 5+ player count, so having only 3 is a new thing for me

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also looking for any first-hand advice from DMs who have ran Curse of Strahd, or have ran for smaller party sizes in general

I'm used to the 5+ player count, so having only 3 is a new thing for me

Death House is a bonkers dungeon even for a 5+ party, you're gonna wanna check out Curse of Strahd ReVamped or Reloaded for advice on how to balance things
(it also has really good story additions)

in general, Kobold Fightclub will give you ideas on how to rebalance the fights

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Good luck.

100% use CoS ReVamped or Reloaded, and use KFC to rebalance your fights.

The problem with CoS is one dumb move can lead to a TPK. You better hope that you and your players are totally in sync in terms of how much whimsy they want.