TerminatorRP Compendium

Nebulae
This is truly awesome.

What's your guys' opinions on content? Should we (theoretically) utilise TnB stuff or decompile it all and add/remove stuff for our own content pack? (would have to get permission.)

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
This is truly awesome.

What's your guys' opinions on content? Should we (theoretically) utilise TnB stuff or decompile it all and add/remove stuff for our own content pack? (would have to get permission.)
When it comes to content I'm pretty much clueless; I'm clueless with the entire technical side of things.

Using TnB's stuff would make it ten times easier across the board, though, because of the sheer amount of stuff there is.

Nebulae
We'd have to setup alot of PAC stuff, script, rig the guns aswell.

I'm pretty sure most of the player-models are a nono though as they're just heads.

I made half a TRP schema with a working exosuit PAC so I could probably rig stuff if no dev is willing.

alternatively, we have Death to help us compile all the content
LbBRE25.png

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
We'd have to setup alot of PAC stuff, script, rig the guns aswell.

I'm pretty sure most of the player-models are a nono though as they're just heads.

I made half a TRP schema with a working exosuit PAC so I could probably rig stuff if no dev is willing.

alternatively, we have Death to help us compile all the content
LbBRE25.png
tbqh i don't think it'd be hard to find people to do all the technical work, given most of it is already there

think it's more about discussing the validity of the server itself more than anything

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
  1. Weapons, ammo
While the TnB weapons are floating around on the workshop, most of it's made from HL2 assets or other shit (crysis, FEAR) back in in the early 2010's.

You would need someone to put this shit on a reasonable weaponbase.

there's multiple infiltrator units;
I noticed that you didn't list the T-H (Hybrid) there.

Assuming a server was opened up, would those play a part infiltration-wise?

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I noticed that you didn't list the T-H (Hybrid) there.

Assuming a server was opened up, would those play a part infiltration-wise?
T-H's, in my personal opinion, are actually something our version of SkyNET would view as redundant.

With the 8xx series infiltrators being as successful as they are alone, something like a T-H would be an extremely high expenditure of resources - not to mention I'd probably consider them to be far more volatile than standard 8xx infiltrators.

This is especially the case when you get into the 888 infiltrators; I didn't write on them as a reoccurring theme, but 888's are essentially the 'peak' infiltrator in our setting - feigned organs, several CPU's, near-realistic bone covering much of their hyperalloy-tungsten frame, intelligence on par with high-IQ humans off the line, near indestructible in combat, etc. It'd take us a while to come across one of these units as they're arguably late-game, but it shows why something like a T-H wouldn't ever be visited.

That being said; you could see the appearance of one as a special event, but I don't think they'd be good as a standard infiltration unit.

E;

The other argument is that something like a T-H would be arguably advanced for our version of SkyNET, which at the beginning of the server is still in the process of designing and producing 8xx series drones let alone something that advanced.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The other argument is that something like a T-H would be arguably advanced for our version of SkyNET, which at the beginning of the server is still in the process of designing and producing 8xx series drones let alone something that advanced.
True, but to me they're a less indestructible than the 888's (or similar top-shelf infiltration models) since you can give the thing enough of a concussion to knock it unconscious or simply destroy it's organs (lots of explosives, outright shockwave damage, sustained 'sticky' incendiary weapons like improvised napalm if you're a cruel bastard) to pierce the exoskeleton/melt through the gaps and kill it off, versus the 800-series pure indestructibility on all levels.

On the flip side of the coin, it's easier for it to pass as human (because it used to be one) and memory modification is a thing, supposedly.

Very rare to have but I'd imagine they would be saved for very high priority targets once developed.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i do have a question about infiltrators in general

what is stopping the resistance from just using minor physical injuries as a way to see if someone is human
take a needle and stick it in someone and eventually it will hit metal

if people refuse to take the test you can confidently accuse them of being a terminator

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what is stopping the resistance from just using minor physical injuries as a way to see if someone is human
where are you going to find a needle in a swamp, eh?

most humans would likely just use the needle to slit their own throat in this setting, the world's fucking awful and you've won the lottery if you can survive another year of the hell.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
True, but to me they're a less indestructible than the 888's (or similar top-shelf infiltration models) since you can give the thing enough of a concussion to knock it unconscious or simply destroy it's organs (lots of explosives, outright shockwave damage, sustained 'sticky' incendiary weapons like improvised napalm if you're a cruel bastard) to pierce the exoskeleton/melt through the gaps and kill it off, versus the 800-series pure indestructibility on all levels.

On the flip side of the coin, it's easier for it to pass as human (because it used to be one) and memory modification is a thing, supposedly.

Very rare to have but I'd imagine they would be saved for very high priority targets once developed.
Late game, possibly, but that sort of technology is probably accurate to 2025+ SkyNET rather than our version of SkyNET. But, if it was deemed acceptable and had some good reason to exist before that, maybe.

Remember we're in a setting where the T-1000 isn't even a speckle in SkyNET's eye yet. This version of SkyNET is extremely less advanced than what you see in the movies, and that's only scaled to make it more viable in an RP setting.

i do have a question about infiltrators in general

if people refuse to take the test you can confidently accuse them of being a terminator
Tests like this will likely work on T-800 infiltrators, albeit later T-800 infiltrators will likely employ patches of fake bone in the 'most likely' spots that humans will test; hands, legs, back maybe. This will give the illusion that the tester is hitting bone and unless they want to go out of their way to check the marrow, then it's likely the infiltrator will get away with it.

This is why T-888 infiltrators would be so dangerous, because not only are they entirely covered in feigned bone, they also have feigned internal organs and are completely unable to be detected by any kind of scan.

Early 800 series infiltrators - primarily 850's - can pass an X-RAY or MRI scan without being detected in most cases. The most useful method of detecting an infiltrator is actually through psychological means, although the T-888 infiltrator even makes that redundant.

The danger of upper-series infiltrators is the fact that the only way you'll ever know is when it wants you to know.

D

Deleted member 4795

Was looking through workshop models and maps and holy shit there's so much good stuff. Had a blast making this.

8iYqix8.png

Nebulae
cant wait to remake my tnb radio broadcaster char, kevin warren and attain dubs by informing le populous

but fr, really hoping this gets put forward as our next server, seeing as people are already working on things for it

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
cant wait to remake my tnb radio broadcaster char, kevin warren and attain dubs by informing le populous

but fr, really hoping this gets put forward as our next server, seeing as people are already working on things for it
Don't hold your breath; seriously, don't.

A whole new server is a massive undertaking for nebulous, especially one that we've never tried before; that's an inevitable hundreds of hours of work put into something that may never actually end up seeing the light of day and if it does see the light of day, it could drown a month later.

We may have generated some interest, found models and other content, but there's still the issues of;
  • Generating enough interest to deem it worthy of a shot.
  • A dedicated, 10-15 man staff team with good activity.
  • A fully-fledged plan.
  • A shitton of writing, between lore and the aforementioned.
  • Coding.
So on.

I wrote this because I adore the setting and that's it. I didn't write it with any form of expectation that it'd actually become nebulous' second server.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Don't hold your breath; seriously, don't.

A whole new server is a massive undertaking for nebulous, especially one that we've never tried before; that's an inevitable hundreds of hours of work put into something that may never actually end up seeing the light of day and if it does see the light of day, it could drown a month later.

We may have generated some interest, found models and other content, but there's still the issues of;
  • Generating enough interest to deem it worthy of a shot.
  • A dedicated, 10-15 man staff team with good activity.
  • A fully-fledged plan.
  • A shitton of writing, between lore and the aforementioned.
  • Coding.
So on.

I wrote this because I adore the setting and that's it. I didn't write it with any form of expectation that it'd actually become nebulous' second server.

tbf i think alex said he's open to hosting mostly any server so long as he and the current developers aren't the ones being tasked with making it

if you really wanna go through with it all you need to do is write a plan, get some potential staff members, and a coder or two

you've already written out a lore-page worthy document so that's one of them done

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
tbf i think alex said he's open to hosting mostly any server so long as he and the current developers aren't the ones being tasked with making it

if you really wanna go through with it all you need to do is write a plan, get some potential staff members, and a coder or two

you've already written out a lore-page worthy document so that's one of them done
Maybe if we delayed the idea by 6+ months I could look at organising that sort of stuff. Right now I don't have the time and don't want to be subtracting focus from other things IRL.