TerminatorRP Compendium

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I can only speak from a WW3RP point of view but we did this a couple of times over the course of the servers and all that happened was:

The server felt empty even at 70 players when the majority of players were out of visual range.

People got frustrated and either tried to find ways around it or made use of external voip, especially in combat scenarios.
spose that'd be an unfortunate side effect yeah

maybe it'd be worth trialling given most combat will be s2rp and s2k will be more of a cinematic/fun thing rather than something that'll weigh in heavily (no s2k pks, weapon drops, etc). i don't think it'd be TOO bad with most of the combat being s2rp.

may be one of those good on paper bad in execution scenarios unfortunately

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
spose that'd be an unfortunate side effect yeah

maybe it'd be worth trialling given most combat will be s2rp and s2k will be more of a cinematic/fun thing rather than something that'll weigh in heavily (no s2k pks, weapon drops, etc). i don't think it'd be TOO bad with most of the combat being s2rp.

may be one of those good on paper bad in execution scenarios unfortunately

I personally feel like it’d be more of an event thing, or the OPFOR has some sort of system that causes temporary comm blackouts.

Truth is people will always keep using the roleplay-killing voice channels one way or another.

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I personally feel like it’d be more of an event thing, or the OPFOR has some sort of system that causes temporary comm blackouts.

Truth is people will always keep using the roleplay-killing voice channels one way or another.
so really the issue of people using alternate methods to communicate is unavoidable irregardless, maybe softened by having ic comms but still a thing

so really what remains is the issue of the server feeling empty, which is totally possible in this instance unless everyone decides to crowd into one base which isn't something we'd necessarily encourage but is possible

Could include the radio script that makes long range radio contact cause cracklings @Subeh
that might be a sweet medium yeah true

i still like the idea of runners, so maybe that'd be a good midway point - best of both worlds

ppl would still have comms for 95% of combat situations but we could still have runners

E:

also @Powley something else to consider

was talking to @Rabid and we came up with the idea of rebranding all non-humanoid drones (humanoid being T-600, 700 and 800) to HK

so instead of it being like T-200, T-400, T-20 etc it'd be HK-200, HK-400, HK-20

think that'd honestly make more sense and it gets rid of the weirdass blurred line of what defines an HK and what doesnt

Last edited:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
can i be arnold schwarzenegger please
[doublepost=1611567630][/doublepost]i don’t mean his character i mean arnold schwarzenegger i want to play a 120 year old bodybuilder-turned-destroyer of machines.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
so really the issue of people using alternate methods to communicate is unavoidable irregardless, maybe softened by having ic comms but still a thing

so really what remains is the issue of the server feeling empty, which is totally possible in this instance unless everyone decides to crowd into one base which isn't something we'd necessarily encourage but is possible

that might be a sweet medium yeah true

i still like the idea of runners, so maybe that'd be a good midway point - best of both worlds

ppl would still have comms for 95% of combat situations but we could still have runners

E:

also @Powley something else to consider

was talking to @Rabid and we came up with the idea of rebranding all non-humanoid drones (humanoid being T-600, 700 and 800) to HK

so instead of it being like T-200, T-400, T-20 etc it'd be HK-200, HK-400, HK-20

think that'd honestly make more sense and it gets rid of the weirdass blurred line of what defines an HK and what doesnt

makes more sense imo, because that’s exactly what they are

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

Version 1.0.1.1
  • Reclassified all non-humanoid drones (non-humanoid encompassing all drones outside of 600's, 700's and 800's) to 'HK' - HUNTER-KILLER.
  • Categorised all 'HK' - HUNTER-KILLER drones into 'CLASSES', 1-5.
  • Added HK-DESTROYER into CLASS 5.
This setup is mostly temporary while I completely re-write the drone model section of the compendium. Each drone will be re-written with more detail; not only that, but consistent details between each of them - composition, structure, armaments, usage, manufacture date, etc.

In version 1.1 the entire segment will have been entirely re-written and will look a whole lot better than it does now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4795

Version 1.0.1.1
  • Reclassified all non-humanoid drones (non-humanoid encompassing all drones outside of 600's, 700's and 800's) to 'HK' - HUNTER-KILLER.
  • Categorised all 'HK' - HUNTER-KILLER drones into 'CLASSES', 1-5.
This setup is mostly temporary while I completely re-write the drone model section of the compendium. Each drone will be re-written with more detail; not only that, but consistent details between each of them - composition, structure, armaments, usage, manufacture date, etc.

In version 1.1 the entire segment will have been entirely re-written and will look a whole lot better than it does now.

Looking epic af

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Any word on aircraft?

I know it won't be like Terminator Salvation where tech-comm suddenly had entire airfield stockpiles on hand (for no real reason) but it would be nice to have a helicopter or a light propeller plane in the content for event stuff, like some kind of "supply drop" or w/e.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Any word on aircraft?

I know it won't be like Terminator Salvation where tech-comm suddenly had entire airfield stockpiles on hand (for no real reason) but it would be nice to have a helicopter or a light propeller plane in the content for event stuff, like some kind of "supply drop" or w/e.
aircraft on the human side? totally exists. it's rare, but it exists.

9/10 it's either retrofitted civilian aircraft or just standard transport crafts, because i reckon skynet would've made a massive target of military installations so you definitely wouldn't see any kind of military aircraft

helicopters, planes etc are totally plausible though. the only danger is that skynet has extreme air superiority, between its own aircraft and ground-to-air defenses

tl;dr would you see human aircraft on server? yes, probably a few times - i wouldn't even be opposed to players getting themselves one, the idea of trp isn't to have restrictive auths; i'd want people to feel like they can do whatever they want, take advantage of a map's features

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
tl;dr would you see human aircraft on server? yes, probably a few times - i wouldn't even be opposed to players getting themselves one, the idea of trp isn't to have restrictive auths; i'd want people to feel like they can do whatever they want, take advantage of a map's features
ngl if I ever got a helicopter I'd just blare rock music while tempting fate each flight

morale booster n' shit

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

CHC9NHx.gif

oh god

oh fuck

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
ITgeQ7u.jpg

stuff from stasiland that can likely make an easy return under terminatorRP:

• humvee
  • M35 truck
  • M2 Abrams
  • Technical Truck
  • Rocket Pod Truck
  • T62
  • M133 APC
  • UAZ
from memory there's also a light plane and huey helicopter in the stasiland content as well

all of this stuff is using keys (so no need for staff to need to spawn stuff + only people who actually have X vehicle can spawn it) and it's all forked to the base helix repository on github from memory

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ITgeQ7u.jpg

stuff from stasiland that can likely make an easy return under terminatorRP:

• humvee
  • M35 truck
  • M2 Abrams
  • Technical Truck
  • Rocket Pod Truck
  • T62
  • M133 APC
  • UAZ
from memory there's also a light plane and huey helicopter in the stasiland content as well

all of this stuff is using keys (so no need for staff to need to spawn stuff + only people who actually have X vehicle can spawn it) and it's all forked to the base helix repository on github from memory
Z1Erjya.png

these would all be usable and would all be likely to make an appearance here and there, especially the technicals

the latter two seem a little more unlikely

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oaky hear me out... TerminatorRP in Arma 3.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

Version 1.0.1.1
  • Re-wrote the T-600 and T-610 entry as the beginning of the SkyNET section overhaul.
  • Updated the current year to 2020, meaning the majority humanity resurfaced 5 years ago.
For the bulk of the next updates I'll likely be working on re-writing the SkyNET section entirely. At some point I'll re-write the baseline description of SkyNET as well.

I'll also be looking into re-writing and expanding the 'story so far' section at some point, although that may take a while.

The T-600 - ✔️
351cb5d935665596926c2720ceb138ec.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The T-600 is the first instance of a successful humanoid model that SkyNET chose to produce en-masse, having been the subject of experimentation as early as 2010, after SkyNET detected instances of human presence beyond the radiation zones. It wasn't until 2013 that the complete T-600 model was conceived and begun mass-production, meaning hundreds of thousands of units had already entered the battlefield before the majority of humanity resurfaced. As of 2019, however, the T-600 is no longer being manufactured as the T-700 became the dominant mass-production humanoid unit. That being said, there are still well over a million fielded T-600's despite their number dwindling day by day. The T-600 is almost most notable for being the first instance of psychological warfare against humanity, as it begun to believe that human-looking drones would cause psychological detriment to humanity; it was right, too.

A T-600's entire figure is composed of a steel alloy, which was SkyNET's first attempt to harden such a small chassis - in comparison to the larger units it had already produced. It stands exactly 7 feet 3 inches tall and that only waivers in cases of model variants or occasional tweaks made by SkyNET. This steel alloy has proven mostly fruitless against plasma fire, which has been proven in a few instances where human aggressors were wielding low-wattage energy weapons; this is why the T-700 was conceived, and the T-600 was gradually phased out. A T-600's typical curb weight - weapon and ammunition not included - typically sways around the 1,000lb mark. A T-600 is powered by a singular electric battery that has an 8 month (longer, in newer T-600 units) lifespan, meaning the unit can be fielded for almost a year at a time without needing any form of recharging.

Most T-600's wield some sort of repurposed minigun; only the later units begun to carry SkyNET-produced miniguns, as the availability of pre-war weapons begun to dwindle the more T-600's were produced. This minigun is fused with the unit's right arm, making it impossible to take unless detached. The type of minigun a T-600 can wield is widely varied otherwise, though primarily consisted of many different M134 variants due to the wide usage of them by the United States Military. Alongside this, T-600's are known to wield low-wattage plasma SMGs, which are attached to their left leg; they are designated as a sidearm and will only be used should the unit run out of ammunition for its minigun, or the minigun become damaged in some way. There are rare instances of earlier T-600 models using GAU-19's or even M61 Vulcans, although the scarcity of these weapons meant they were very rarely ever used purposefully - more out of necessity. A T-600 is equipped with a general low-capacity CPU stored in a hardened steel case in its cranium, with exposed wires at the back of the neck that run down into the rest of the chassis; this has been exploited many times in combat. Its targeting system is rudimentary, able to detect movement and heat sources with moderate effectiveness; hiding from a T-600 isn't hard as a result, especially given it isn't able to pick up low noises.

With its tremendous curb weight, the T-600 is not known for manoeuvrability; rather it relies on extremely slow, heavy movements which have been its downfall since its first reported battles. Naturally, it isn't quiet either. A T-600's combat methods are extremely narrow-minded and typically consist of 'move forward and shoot until its dead', which can be fairly effective given the unit has no sense of self preservation whatsoever - it will walk, fire and shoot until it drops dead or its target does. Otherwise, a T-600 has no other tactics and is typically provided tactics by another nearby drone of higher quality; a T-700, for example, may provide it with specific orders to do something outside of its original combative programming. A T-600 does not utilise R/W in any way (see: READ/WRITE below) and so relies on baseline code to respond to situations, making its reaction time non-instant but still relatively quick. T-600's are typically deployed alongside T-700's and can even be used as shields by superior units; although it's rare with T-700's and is more of an attribute of the soon-to-be T-800. This being said; T-600's can also be deployed alone, or in squadrons.

Over the years, humanity has learned how to combat these sluggish powerhouses quite well; from hit and run tactics to traps and even continuous heavy fire, the T-600 - while still incredibly dangerous to humans on the field - has seen its time spent in the fight and as such, humans have adapted to seeing it.