The Corona Class Ep. 4: New Year, Same Gamers

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
As we enter the most turbulent times of the game I remind everyone of this EUIV tip...

20210121210104_1.jpg

@Oxy[Morons]
@Goopy
@ein
@Mendel
@JOHNNY.HOMICIDE_33
@afric
@GhostKripp
@Shrike
@Dallas
@not tiger

Frista.png

Rate agree for just Saturday
Rate disagree for just Sunday
Rate zinger for another back to back game​

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I'll see all you gamers tonight at 7. (Is it 7 or 8?)

Might be 10-20 mins late pls wait for me

Last edited:

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
ok dallas is here get in fawking discord

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
japan strong
best see it on the tier list even tho i wasn''t there

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

20.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF SCOTLAND

Lay the proud usurpers low!
Tyrants fall in every foe!
Liberty's in every blow!—
Let us do or die!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Macbeth-2015-movie-review.jpg

JAMES V

THE FALSE HOUSE OF STUART

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND

James the Mad had begun his reign with a range of political reforms that granted the colonial governments a greater sum of Scotland's revenue - in order to raise colonial militias to engage in further expansion across the American continent. This would begin in 1601 with the invasion and annexation of the Florida Free State, the remnants of Spanish, Scottish, and Pirate settlements on the peninsula. The Flordiains were defeated at the Battle of Mayaca, Miami was captured and the Saltire flew from one end of the tropical gulf to the other. The gold flowed from the bloody colonies of Caledonia - and that gold and blood flowed down the streets of Edinburgh, lavishing great riches on the Scottish state, such wealth it had never seen before.

In the halls of power, in Holyrood, many in the parliament began to hail James V as 'Chieftain Perpetua', with talk that he may be declared as Emperor of the Scots, in the fashion of other fledging empires at the time.

Such delusions of grandeur would quickly be shattered.

In 1605, a costly and disasterous expedition began in the lands of the Cherokee and their allies; the Scots plan to stab north through the tribes and attack the Dutch colony of New Flanders was faltering through poor planning, military corruption, and a lack of supplies inland. These blunders led to defeat at Alabama, and could only be stopped by fresh reinforcements from the Falkirk Company, at great expense to the Scottish treasury.

Yet, by 1608, there was still no end in sight - and rival powers now sensed the true weakness at the heart of the Scottish state.
What had built slowly, from the time of King Duncan I, was becoming known across the world - a weak nation, a beggar kingdom, a house of cards ready to topple.

It was the pirate kings of Madyas who struck - the brother of the eastern pirate-lord, the Lord Sentosa - ruler of Mexica - lit a campaign of terror and blood into the Aztec lands. Such barbarity had not been seen since the days of James IV who had first conquered the Golden Cities. The Sentosa Warlord took no prisoners among the natives, and their barbarity only increased as they crashed into the settler towns across the Gulf Coast; with Fraserburgh, Moine, and Tainwall being destroyed, their populations enslaved.

Lord Governor of Caledonia Alan Maxim, a seasoned veteran of the New World campaigns, led an army of 23,000 south from the Cherokee lands to face the invasion, meeting them at the Rio Grande and defeating the Madyas force at great cost. Then, when Mexico City itself was threatened, Maxim's army was crushed and scattered north, back over the Rio Grande.

Months later, the army would mount a final defence of their homeland of Caledonia; supported by Spanish settlers, Portuguese Tercos, Aztec raiders, and the Highlander clans of Sutherland, they met the eastern savage in battle at a plateau called Reynosa.

The Scots were defeated.

In the chaos that followed, Maxim's army - routed from the field - turned on their officers and a mutiny saw the establishment of a Free Caledonian state. A few northern provinces maintained their independence until they too were annexed by the Sentosa Warlord in 1611.

Fearing their own safety, and outraged that a savage easterner had conquered Caledonia, Scotland's gulf colonies of Providence (Florida) and Nova Scotia (Louisiana) delcared their independence and formed Noble Republics - more influenced by Spanish or Portugese culture than land of distant strangers that could no longer protect them.

On October 10th 1613, the last Scottish garrison withdrew from the New World, leaving Fort Orleans in the dead of night.

Newfoundland, the Bahamas, and Bermuda remained as Scotland's only overseas possessions.

M_2015_0024.jpg

THE REIGN OF MADNESS

In the fallout of the Caledonian Disaster and the breakaway of the gulf colonies, Scotland entered a period of intense political crisis. Holyrood, the leading power of the land, called for the abdication of King James V - for whom the blame was shifted for signing the decrees of conquest for Florida and the Cherokee, conflicts which (as the parliamentarians argued) weakened the Scottish state's ability to prevent the Caledonian disaster.

In response, James exercised his authority to arrest several leading parliamentarians - and have them executed for high treason.

Where once some had called for James' abdication, they now called for the end of the House of Stuart, and an abolition of the monarchy. A crisis had now utterly enveloped the country.

James responded with madness and paranoia, like many of his line before, yet his brutality would be extraordinary, and his total war waged against his own country was without equal in Scotland's long history.

Tens of thousands were put to the sword, the Palace of Holyrood burned to the ground, the parliament illegally dissolved and annexed by royalist forces.

By 1615, James had utterly devastated all legitimate opposition to his rule and now began cannibalising his own court, targeting his loyalists, killing his zealots, burning churches and outlawing holy days - convinced that religion was summoning evil spirits. Because of this persecution, the civil war in Scotland took on a strange character; with the royalists hailing James as a living God, head of a burgeoning new form of Christianity that took characteristics of a cult of personality.

To his true disciples, James the Mad was a vengeful God. They did as he asked.

M_2015_0117.jpg

THE LAST WAR OF ENGLISH CONQUEST

The Scottish state was in a spiral of collapse by the year 1616, yet James prepared new armies of the clans - bled white by generations of costly and pointless wars, almost rendered extinct by military mismanagement, their lands overgrown in the absence of regular farming or crofting.

Yet, they answered the call of their king. Many young men, and old men too, many who had fought overseas and escaped the Madyas' slavery, or had raped and tortured their way across their own country as Scotland sought to rid itself of all those who were disloyal to their mad sovereign.

By 1619, the Kingdom of Scotland had assembled an army of 24,000 and marched them south into the English rump state, seizing their lands and burning towns and villages. Theirs was a war of annihilation, not conversion or territorial conquest; massacring English prisoners, enslaving the Britons of all kinds who fought for the English, or those who were simply found on English land.

At the Battle of Chester, 4,000 innocents were slaughtered inside a cathedral as they sought sanctuary. James did not recognise the Anglican faith - and so they were murdered for their crimes of sheltering the enemy, and their bodies burned for heresy.

With the English King Edgar I fled to Ireland, James claimed victory following the Battle of Aberystwyth in 1622.

Hereafter began a brutal occupation of the British mainland. The reign of terror had come to England and Wales. It was still not enough.

James turned his eyes south - to the French possessions of Kent and Cornwall, to the great city of London. The resting place of Scottish heroes from the Wars of Independence, and the final symbol of the Tyrant Proud Edward's old kingdom of England.

London would fall.

tumblr_o1znhvahTw1r5m80bo4_1280.png

THE LONDON CAMPAIGN

The Kingdom of France was the preeminent military power of Europe. At no point in Scotland's history could it have hoped to have defeated it; with its armies outdated in training and firearms, underfed and undermanned, compared to the well-drilled and battle-hardened French forces that lay across the Channel.

It did not matter. James V did not care.
London would fall.

In April of 1624, James' army crossed over the French frontier into the temperate southeast of England. An unspoiled land that had known many years of peace under French protection, shielded from the constant warring of England and Scotland. Here, the army of Scotland grew fat on loot, trailing a wagon of treasure and slaves all the way to the city of London.

The old capital of London, a city of many hundreds of thousands, proved to be a difficult and bloody conquest. The local city watch fought bitterly with the Scots as they worked their way towards the Palace of Westminster and St Paul's cathedral - little more than a colonial baubles to a distant French king. To the south, the French had marshalled an equal force across the channel to prevent the Scottish capture of the city - they landed at Somerset late in the year, but were delayed a number weeks.

In these weeks, at the dawn of 1625, the city of London finally fell to the Scots.

The Saltire flew from the Tower of London.
James had achieved his great dream - the dream of all Scottish kings before him.

The Declaration of Arbroath was fulfilled, and the great enemy was - at last - defeated.

It was this great sense of elation, godlike in its overwhelming power, that the Scots barely took a week to rest before they departed, carrying as much loot as they could, towards the French army - to defeat them and then return to Edinburgh as conquerors.

They met the French at Bowerhill.
It was a massacre, the Scots were completely crushed by the better-supplied, better-trained, better prepared French forces.

King James V, the mad king, the would-be unifier of these isles, was slain in combat.

With him perished the false House of Stuart.

MV5BMzFjMDMzYjUtNTc3NS00NjllLTliMjQtZjBlMzJhNWZkZjFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM@._V1_.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF THE GAELDOM

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RobertTheBruce.jpg

CHEIFTAIN ARTIAR

CLAN MCLEOID

THE LAST GAEL

As the French sought to end the war of James V with the punitive Treaty of Edinburgh, it was the clans of the Highlands that broke free from Lothian power and established a free and independent kingdom that ran from north of the Highland faultline; encompassing Perthshire, Argyll, Ness, Sutherland, Ross, and Caithness. This state gained recognition from France in 1625, as the treaty was passed severely weakening the collapsing Kingdom of Scotland.

From a seat of power in Inverness Castle, Artiar directed the establishment of the new nation - a nation that restored the primacy of the Gaelic language, Gaelic culture, and the rights of the Highland clans that had been eroding since the time of John Baliol.

Sensing the treasonous nobles may seek to establish a parliament of corrupt statesmen to undermine his authority, just as the parliamentarians had done to the Stuarts, Artiar moved to secure his position; declaring himself as Chieftain Perpertua, and ending any hope of a European republic for the time being.

Yet, these internal machinations were surpassed by a crisis - a resurgent English kingdom, led by the a vengeful King Edgar, sought to destroy Scotland for its many wars of conquest, and so invaded the fledging Gaeldom in 1630.

Outmatched at sea and on land, the Highlanders sought to defeat the English army in the mountains, where a greater force of English soldiers under the command of Lord Melville, were defeated at the Battle of Broxton, and then again at Daviot. Their army scattered, they retreated south for evacuation, only to be defeated yet again at Oban.

An English relief force, several times greater than Melville's original invasion army, was defeated in a contested landing on the beaches of Ullapool.

It seemed that the English had been defeated, thrown back from the Gaeldom's land.

But, in the Year of Our Lord 1633, the Kingdom of Sweden - angered that its plot to undermine the Gaels with a parliamentarian coup had failed - launched an invasion to restore Nordic rule to the isles, just as the Vikings had centuries before.

Lord Melville returned with a third and final host. The Swedish landed in Thurso and captured Dunnett Castle, Oban fell to the English, then Perth.

The Highlanders fought to the last on the banks of the Ness, and in their final fortress redoubt, there was no siege, only brilliant battle.

They fought like warrior poets.
They fought like Scotsmen.

(//The game ends here - what follows is speculation)

Macbeth_627.jpg

f22b544a0a35ac554712578eaa0c6f66.jpg

12ad534315916cd42097221894f4dd5a.png

THE REPUBLIK OF SKOTLAND

Scotland's fate was not, as many feared, annexation and extinction.

The English kings would never rule as masters of this land - instead it was returned to the fold of Scandinavia as a distant land of Nordic periphery.

An infused mix of Celtic, Scots, and Swedish, Scotland would emerge in the 18th century from direct Swedish rule as a territory granted Home Rule.

Its language was a mix of many lands, its culture linked more closely to Stockholm than London.

Yet, there endured in the hearts of this people, who lived in this cold and unforgiving place, that a nation was possible. And so long as one-hundred remained, that dream lived still.

Freedom did not come through bloodshed, but by compromise, and gradualism, that slipped the nation free from Sweden towards the end of the 19th century.

A republic, free and hard won.

Standing alone against the tide of history...

Unafraid.

the end.

//thanks for reading!!!

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
haha can't wait to read my favorite AARs about Scotland from Dallas, I look forward to seeing how Scotland pulls itself bac-

7rvrMzj.png

don't cry because it's over

smile because it happened
and a lot of people died for nothing

Macbeth-2015-Drinking-Game.gif

dallas writing his doomer a24 slow-build atmospheric character study on the last king of scotland in his own fantasy alt history realm
e4ba8ab307909cec0de9b5e49b4d0565.png

D

Deleted member 372

Thanks to all the boys who partook in this episode of the corona classic, there were many downfalls, mostly from Dallas, but the game goes on and now I cannot wait for the next episode with more Dallas complaining and more war :grinning:

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Thank all the boys who partook in this episode of the corona classic, there were many downfalls, mostly from Dallas, but the game goes on and now I cannot wait for the next episode with more Dallas complaining and more war :grinning:
begone, cringe nae nae france

pick a real struggle next time

D

Deleted member 372

begone, cringe nae nae france

pick a real struggle next time
Ah yes next time I will not have the Dallas Scotland handicap who simped for Sweden all game and ruined the nation

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
when you think @Dallas swapped to somewhere random in asia or the middle east after he left and hotjoined, never bothered to check, then only realize he's actually gaeldom as youre landing on his shores
oops

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Inca didn’t deserve this

the AI is a cruel mistress

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Inca didn’t deserve this

the AI is a cruel mistress
what happened? what went wrong?
[doublepost=1611449352][/doublepost]damn this game went from a Disney movie about llamas to a brutal world conquering pirate empire of slavery

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what happened? what went wrong?
After I DCd to go to the bathroom due to urgent reasons i came back

over 30k rebels, three of my armies were deleted with just ~18k troops left (around 60k troops lost), my navy was gone and completely replaced by single light ships trading barely anything, i was in -2 stability and had over 12 loans each around 400 ducats, this happened over the course of probably 10-15 minutes, i went from getting 50-60 gold a month to 15

it was unsalvagable, after i defeated some rebels i declared bankruptcy to clear my loans, this launched the internal conflicts event which spawned more rebels and lead to more unrest, i had 0 manpower and around 12k troops left with around 40k rebel troops around the country, particularists enforced their demands giving 90% autonomy in all of my states, the ai stated a bunch of land but didnt core it so i had a lot sitting around with no admin tech and a shit ruler, it was impossible to get to any of them cause the country was so big, terrain was shit and dev was low, which meant it took me years to get anywhere at 2 speed