• Saturday 5PM GMT

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Another time (reply with it below)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
when are we picking this back up? Feeling like everyone's finally starting to go somewhere and we're really getting into it you know

Reactions: List

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
unknown.png

The King of Portugal and the Algarves

Lord of Christian Maghreb
King of Colombiana, Brazil and La Plata

Protector of Mexica and Lord of California

João III de Avis
in
The Mexica Wars
My King
As per your command, our armies marched on Tenochtitlan by the thousand. Joined by the Irish Mercenaries of Brazil,
the native lords fell by the tens of thousands. After a successful conquest of the gold-rich provinces in the central mountains, we prepared to grasp the lord of Yokotan by the throat. Our armies swiftly occupied areas once ruled by the so-called Aztec and sought about establishing the Sovereignty of Mexica in these regions. In four-score years the region has been in our control and the treasure fleets have brought back enumerable chests of gold and silver to Lisboa.

But, my King, our peace did not last. After your armies returned to Iberia, the natives saw their chance. Armies twice the size of the continental force, lead by the barbarian lords once subjugated sought about reclaiming the land lost. We thank God for the return of the Iberian forces and look to the heavens for their defeat, but alas, it was not enough.

With the return of the barbarian kings, the new Mexica lands ran amok with traitors and heretics. We were simply unable to stem the tide and prevent a total catastrophe. The lands south of the Rio Grande have once again fallen to our enemies. We call for aid, my King. Return, my lord, and see about the subjugation of these foreign barbarians, with fire and sword.

Your Subject, Diego Centeno

unknown.png

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae

UlXj25e.png

THE LEAGUE OF PARIS
The French Empire and Her Confederation, 2 June 1625

mbNrScP.png

The First French Empire
1554 - 1569

On the twenty-ninth of August, 1554, Adélalïde I von Wittelsbach-de Valois rose to the throne as the first Empress of the French Empire. At a time where French society dominated the culture of Europe, she rose to the occasion with plans of grandeur for the empire. She continued the expansion of cities, as Paris became the largest city in Europe by 1560, with the province of Île-de-France bolstering a population of one million.

Continuing in the steps of her father, her 1562 Third Conquest of Aragon resulted in the full annexation of the Aragonese kingdom, including French domain over the southern provinces of Sicily. Iberia had finally been conquered, and plans were set in motion for the full integration of the peninsula into the empire.

B4P36sf.png

The League of Paris
1569 - 1574
The formation of the League of Paris put into question Catholic, and by extension Austrian, hegemony over the Holy Roman Empire. In retaliation, the von Habsburg emperor declared the founding of the Catholic Union, swearing to defend the Catholic faith and its status as the official faith of the Empire. Combining forces with Orthodox Russia and the Ottoman Empire, the League of Paris stood tall above the Catholic Union.

The powderkeg of religion was finally set off in 1569 when French claims to the Swiss Cantons were violated by Austrian settlements. Seizing the opportunity to escalate this territorial dispute into a continental war, Empress Adélalïde requested the support of the League of Paris and her allies. The war that ensued spanned the entire continent of Europe, as Protestant and Catholic forces vied for the survival of their religion.

The French armies, led by General Georges de Crèvecœur, stormed the remaining Catholic Italian city-states. Danish forces in the north swept through England, knocking the ravaged country out of the war. Dutch and Prussian forces sliced through Northern Germany, force converting the unyielding princes. Russian and Ottoman forces in the South and West faced the armies of Austria and Hungary.

The key battles of the war included the Battle of Amsterdam, where a 40,000 strong Dutch-Prussian army soundly defeated the Catholic Union forces. In southern Europe, as the Italian states were forced into submission, French troops eventually laid siege to the Austrian capital of Vienna. A sixty-thousand strong force surrounded the city for several months before the former capital of the Empire submitted. Gathering every prince in the Empire, the Protestants declared their faith as the exclusive faith in the Empire, forever shifting the power within the centuries old Holy Roman Empire.

7syhLyi.png

Hall of Mirrors
1574 - 1598
With the Empire converted and its relevance depleting, Empress Adélalïde sought to establish France as the new center of the continent. Expanding diplomatic avenues and spending government funds lavishly, Adélalïde I renovated Paris and its surrounding areas. Intending to both impress and intimidate foreign statesmen, the empress hired baroque architect Louis Le Vau to design a royal estate. She established a permanent residence at this estate, now the Palace of Versailles. From here, she ruled the Empire of France from the crown jewel of the empire itself, commanding respect from her subjects and enemies alike.

It was during the later years of Adélalïde that France began to see a return on its endeavours in the New World. French colonies in the Bay Blanche area were combined by the crown into the territory of New France in 1589. New France, seen as a vital source of furs and other raw materials for the empire, was protected by the French military in return for merchant rights. Shortly after its founding, the neighboring tribes of Mikmaq, Abenaki, and the Mahican were assimilated into the colony. Territorial expansion in the New World also continued in the south, where the port city of New Orleans declared itself as the French subject of Louisiana, named after the father of the empress.

The remainder of the reign of Adélalïde I would be marked with stabilization efforts in the empire. Attempts to convert the remaining Catholic zealots in the country eventually proved successful, and France achieved religious peace within her borders. A united empire in religion increased calls for a closer relationship between the crowns of France and Castile, as nobles prepared for a unification effort.

CWqQDAD.png

The Lion and the Lily
1598 - 1609
Upon the unification of the dual monarchy of France and Castile, Adélalïde, now suffering from smallpox, stepped down from the throne. Marie-Antoinette I von Wittelsbach-de Valois inherited the combined Empire of France and Castile, now nominally known as the French Empire. In the short period after the union, Empress Marie-Antoinette declared a holy war against the Papal State, denouncing its previous territorial aggression in the Austrian states. Acquiring allegiance from the crown of Savoy, an elector in the Holy Roman Empire, and the provinces of Nice and Albenga, former dynastic claims to the region of Lombardy seemed the next logical acquisition. The island of Corsica was bought from the merchant city of Genoa, forging a friendship between the two nations. Elsewhere, the fortress city of Montgomery was integrated after a brief war with England, in which the French came to aid the combined forces of Portugal, the Netherlands, and Denmark.

SMFYqiR.png

Minister Richelieu
1609 - 1625
Marie-Antoinette was known for her excellent court, which she could always rely on to support her and help expand the Empire. The greatness of France in the fifteen century can be attributed to the great Minister Richelieu, the French statesman Armand Jean Richelieu, Marie's premier advisor and diplomat. He was responsible for most of Marie's previous military successes, and was a strong proponent of the expansion of France's overseas territories. Under him, New France forged an alliance with the Iroquois, expanding its influence as well as the territory of Louisiana to the south.

Minister Richelieu also commanded the armies in the French Reconquest of Lombardy, where Milanese-Papist forces were put down once again to obtain the crown city of Italy, Milan. The centuries-old French claims to Lombardy had finally come to fruition, and the stage has been set for further expansion into northern Italy. Marie-Antoinette I, with the help of Minister Richelieu, has guided the Empire of France into a prime spot for European dominance. His plans for a dissolution of the Holy Roman Empire are not far off from being realized, as France now stands on the cusp of dominion over the Empire and its subjects.

7ffIHP5.png

Last edited:

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
my work just rung me and moved my shift to tommorrow.

do gamers want to do today? I'm alright with sitting out tommorrow if not.

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
my work just rung me and moved my shift to tommorrow.

do gamers want to do today? I'm alright with sitting out tommorrow if not.
What you boys think?
cL4ILBl.png
Muscovy - @Oxy[Morons]
T2JMDMo.png
France - @Mendel
blanv44.png
Poland - @Mute
fWVQHYd.png
England - @liew
lW1Ld7t.png
Austria - @234857964238753
t30jhpn.png