The Corona Classic Ep. 2: The Second Wave (A nebulous Europa Universalis Game)

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
John Shrike
Gamer for Hire

I came
073b4043ed5b4dc723ddb7f091d432ba.png

I saw
ced20ec507a88f381af969056e0dab63.png

I gamed
e862b1f24de75cad011b71e974c1156f.png
I left.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
well you left 45 minutes before i touched portugal at all due to losing one province that we could've easily gotten back together if you didn't just fuck off

in the end i decided to start swallowing up portugal because it had just turned into a rival ai nation right next to me instead of a player

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
well you left 45 minutes before i touched portugal at all due to losing one province that we could've easily gotten back together if you didn't just fuck off

in the end i decided to start swallowing up portugal because it had just turned into a rival ai nation right next to me instead of a player
i came back to my desk with some chips and sausages, felt fucking bored and thought about calling my colonial nation 'fuck morrocco' but didnt and just left to play starsector

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
39y0tu.jpg

Mendel when he spends 2 weeks teaching CNS and he ends up leaving 2 hours in to the second session

D

Deleted member 4425

i came back to my desk with some chips and sausages, felt fucking bored and thought about calling my colonial nation 'fuck morrocco' but didnt and just left to play starsector
Star sector is a good game

D

Deleted member 4425

Got lucky early game with looting a ruin for basically 2 mil in creds and set up a colony on a planet with ultrarich ore now I gotta defend it and shit
What the fuck 2 mil in a ruin? I’ve gotten like 50k max

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae

8o7ggGB.jpg

The United Kingdom

6LEv3US.png

A New World
1489 - 1497

As one of the forward pioneers of exploration, Edmund I diverted copious amounts of funding to English exploration as the sixteenth century approached. Dedicating efforts to "establish a crown colony before the turn of the century," English settlers were sent out to the colonies of New York and the British West Indies. The new found land in the Americas proved too little to sate the English wish for colonization, and Edmund set forth to establish a British presence on all known continents.

It was during this time that a Decree of Indulgence was made, restricting public offices and advanced rights to only members of the Catholic Church. These decrees, made hesitantly by Edmund I at the advice of his council, brought general unrest among the country. The Franco-Austrian War of Burgundian Inheritance saw an English force positioned in the Channel, claiming and annexing the province of Picardy from its Burgundian rulers. This relatively peaceful annexation, which involved no bloodshed, marked an ascension in England's role in Europe.

xP67sVL.png

Naval Hegemony
1497 - 1504
The reign of Edmund saw the prevalence of England as the foremost naval power, working tirelessly to maintain its status as the de facto naval power of both Europe and the world.

As the sixteenth century began, the English claim to naval dominance was brought into question by the Genoese merchant republic, boasting of their recent naval advancements. Seeing this as a direct threat, Edmund saw the Savoyard Conquest of Genoa as an opportunity to display the power of the English navy. Diverting its exploration fleet into the Mediterranean Sea, English forces met and soundly defeated the aspiring Genoese fleet at the Battle of Liguria. With Genoa's mainland ports occupied by the Savoyard invaders, many ships had no choice but to lower their flags and surrender to the English fleet.

To cement its rule of the waves, England chartered the archipelago of Cape Verde after long deliberation with the king of Portugal. The port was established as the Royal Navy's primary port in the Atlantic, and due to its positioning, became a frequent stop for all fleets travelling to and from the southern English colonies. The port of Calais was declared as a staple port for future English ventures, and announced as a "world port" by the Papacy.

29OBppq.png

The Lion and the Lily
1504 - 1511
Earlier, before the turn of the century, the joint Franco-Austrian War of Burgundian Inheritance destabilized much of the kingdoms of Austria and France. In particular, the weakness of France; brought about by the War of the League of Nevers, saw the kingdom deconstructed and shattered into several autonomous states. Sensing French weakness and opportunity, Edmund positioned an army in Gascony, conducting a short but fruitful war that saw the return of English Gascony to the crown.

In exchange for a dependency on England, Edmund agreed to assist the French in the reconquest of their lands provided an alliance was formed between the two nations. France was issued a colonial charter west of the boundaries of the Treaty of Tordesillas, in a land named Louisiana.

QevAbOm.png

Act of Supremacy
1511 - 1524
With the Protestant Reformation sweeping throughout Europe, the populace of England began to split into different religious groups. Fearing an internal religious war, Edmund issued the Act of Supremacy, elevating himself upon the Pope in matters involving the church. Breaking away from the Catholic Church and establishing the Church of England, Edmund was now the supreme authority of both church and state, allowing him to conduct his biddings as he pleased. The Royal Arms were mandated to be displayed in every church in England, signifying this newfound power.

Edmund I Lancaster died in December 1515 at 67, marking an end to his reign of fifty years. The stories surrounding his death suggest an unknown disease he contracted while networking with a group of explorers overtook him. To this day, he is known throughout England for his various social reforms, patronization of the arts, exploration efforts, and the founding of the Anglican church.

In the wake of Edmund's death, his son, Henry VII Lancaster ascended to the throne. The period following his coronation was marked with religious strife, namely the conversion of many Catholic and Protestant believers into the Anglican faith. This period also saw the revolt of Hugh O'Neill and his Irish rebellion, which was quickly quelled amongst a war with Burgundy.

piM4IZ6.png

A Kingdom United
1524- 1533
On April 20, 1524, following an elaborate ceremony hosted in London, Henry VII of England declared the foundation of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Merging the kingdoms of the England, Scotland, and Ireland, this new state was proclaimed to formalize a union of the three crowns that had been sought for quite some time. Now under direct control of the Lancaster dynasty, the United Kingdom was set up to become an even stronger force in western Europe.

Following the proclamation of the United Kingdom, a brief period of peace and prosperity throughout the realm persisted. Colonization efforts continued, with the British Empire creating the colony of Cape in the south of Africa. Finally realizing the famed passage around Africa to India, the lands of the East Indies were now ripe for exploitation by British merchants.

Last edited: