the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

D

Deleted member 3818

Possibly, but considering she isn't apart of one of those big cities and is more affiliated with a fringe group, I just don't see it. This just seems like yet another aspect of the game they've shoehorned in for some thematic purpose. Druckmann is clearly a good writer considering he conceptualized the entirety of TLOU 1 but I can't help to think that he (and the rest of the writing team) suffered the same fate as George Lucas and didn't have enough people who challenged their ideas

The wlf are still a pretty large organisation and control a lot of territory, I’m sure there is some reasoning behind their food supply that just isn’t explained in the game as it’s not really important. I wouldn’t call it bad writing or anything either, I don’t think anybody would need to challenge this as it’s not really a big deal and actually makes sense.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
To clarify he's not talking about Sony here, I just wanted to demonstrate that what's being levied at sony has happened before elsewhere and is present in the industry.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
To clarify he's not talking about Sony here, I just wanted to demonstrate that what's being levied at sony has happened before elsewhere and is present in the industry.

it's prevalent practically universally
jim sterling is blacklisted from a metric fuckton of things in particular afaik

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Got a better source for you

I've put a timestamp for you

Yeah i looked into it im not gonna go “no youre wrong thats not solid proof theyre not blackmailing them”

I still believe that you should play through a game or at least watch it instead of reading a synopsis on it before giving it a review and the review bombings are a bit stupid

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah i looked into it im not gonna go “no youre wrong thats not solid proof theyre not blackmailing them”

I still believe that you should play through a game or at least watch it instead of reading a synopsis on it before giving it a review and the review bombings are a bit stupid
I mean I don't know if Sony is/isn't doing such a thing myself

I do believe it happens in the industry, whether sony particiaptes in the practice is yet to be concretely proven.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

to be fair it's illegal to show solid proof and its also dodgy to even view that proof because every company would have that filed under an NDA

if a reviewer or games journalist leaked a publisher's early copy stipulations, they'd be in a world of hurt legally

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
No one really believes that she's trans, it's just people memeing on the game being bad.
No, there is definitely large-scale confusion and misinformation about the character. Don't try to pass it off as just being jokes. A large chunk of the known memeing is about her being uncharacteristically buff, not her being trans. Even that's mostly because dumbasses spewing drivel about the latter don't get as much attention on Internet besides more secluded communities.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
No, there is definitely large-scale confusion and misinformation about the character. Don't try to pass it off as just being jokes. A large chunk of the known memeing is about her being uncharacteristically buff, not her being trans. Even that's mostly because dumbasses spewing drivel about the latter don't get as much attention on Internet besides more secluded communities.

a great deal of the confusion came because we knew there was going to be a trans char in tlou2 and the leaks showed abby, who very much looked it

and then lev appeared in the final product and most sensible people went "oh there's the trans character"

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
a great deal of the confusion came because we knew there was going to be a trans char in tlou2 and the leaks showed abby, who very much looked it
Then how come all the confusion I've seen is "Wait, is Abby trans?" and not "Wait, is Abby the trans character mentioned in leaks?"
Pretty much never did I see any comments connecting Abby and the mention of a trans character during the leaks. It was people either pointing and laughing at her design, usually with unsavory remarks, or just being plain confused on what was the intent behind her design.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Then how come all the confusion I've seen is "Wait, is Abby trans?" and not "Wait, is Abby the trans character mentioned in leaks?"
Pretty much never did I see any comments connecting Abby and the mention of a trans character during the leaks. It was people either pointing and laughing at her design, usually with unsavory remarks, or just being plain confused on what was the intent behind her design.

the point of contention imo is that she's as buff as most female bodybuilders in a post-apocalyptic setting where getting that much protein is outright impossible (where's she getting the steroids? what's she eating? BEANS?)

abby being a male to female transgender fixes that gap in reasonable logic

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
abby being a male to female transgender fixes that gap in reasonable logic
That doesn't sound very logical in my head. Trans person able to go through HRT even partially in a world like TLOU seems a lot less likely than a cis woman getting buff. One is a matter of a very specific medicine, another is food - and AFAIK the world during the time of the sequel has gotten past the worst of the outbreak already - if only by the virtue of taking place even farther in the futurem

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That doesn't sound very logical in my head. Trans person able to go through HRT even partially in a world like TLOU seems a lot less likely than a cis woman getting buff. One is a matter of a very specific medicine, another is food - and AFAIK the world during the time of the sequel has gotten past the worst of the outbreak already - if only by the virtue of taking place even farther in the futurem

to be fair abby's colony is shown having agriculture and a full scale gym, most people gloss over that

imo she likely just wants to be fit as possible to fight infected off and has the means to do so

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
to be fair abby's colony is shown having agriculture and a full scale gym, most people gloss over that

imo she likely just wants to be fit as possible to fight infected off and has the means to do so
Yeah. So, uh, we're not in a disagreement after all, are we?

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
finally finished watching a playthrough, haven't played it first hand but i gotta say, this really just should have been a movie instead

it seems like 70% filler and 30% cutscenes with no choices in them, there was no point in making this a game

i thought the characters were alright, not everyone is going to be perfect but I still don't understand why ellie had a pang of conscience just as she was about to kill abby, as if she cared when she was going to town with all the others involved in joel's death, the whole 'revenge bad' thing was made fairly obvious the second they killed nora, so I don't see the point in that specific ending

they also probably should've just ran each storyline parallel to one another instead of giving us an exposition dump mid-way through on abby's life

the marketing strategy is fucky, given what happens fairly quickly into the game

but im no expert, im just a gamer(tm)

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not really a spoiler unless you love collectible cards

Neil self inserted himself once again, this time as a card btw, with of course very big brain, I feel like the writer for this was awfully close to a degree of truth, although he passed it off as a "joke" on twitter.

uckmann.0.png

backcard.png

Idk, Neil to me sounds like one of those directors that we will have some interesting stories about in the future

If you haven't seen the game and plan not to see it seriously or play it, I suggest you watch Internet historians VOD on twitch, they are great and really make this boring game really fun to see with his live in editing and overlays,

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Enjoyed the gameplay quite a lot, I think too many want to dislike the story after the leaks happened so they went into the game with their mind already made up; it wasn't mindblowing but was nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.