the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

archer

Proton
Nebulae
It’s an unfortunate consequence of the leaks and I would have really liked to see how different the reaction to the game would have been without them.
the outrage would've been bigger because those who've seen the leaks and refused to buy the game would've bought it and lost their money cos apparently some stores are outright refusing to refund the game a day after launch

I’d assume the devs will take that into consideration for any future TLOU content
my sweet summer child, you really have no idea, do you

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I much prefer that it wasn't a repeat of the Joel and Ellie bonding story but also..

kinda wish they'd gone full psycho and had Abby kill Ellie at the end, not that I'd be happy to see Ellie die but she lost that fight twice already and Abby spared her.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
the outrage would've been bigger because those who've seen the leaks and refused to buy the game would've bought it and lost their money cos apparently some stores are outright refusing to refund the game a day after launch
If you’re the type to refund a game because of its story maybe don’t buy a game the day it comes out? I don’t get to refund my movie ticket because I didn’t like its plot
my sweet summer child, you really have no idea, do you
I have no reason to believe Naughty Dog won’t listen to valid criticism, of which there has been plenty

Reactions: List

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae
If you’re the type to refund a game because of its story maybe don’t buy a game the day it comes out? I don’t get to refund my movie ticket because I didn’t like its plot

I have no reason to believe Naughty Dog won’t listen to valid criticism, of which there has been plenty

Because a game and a movie is entirely the same commodity your analogy is similarly entirely correct.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Just got two hours in

The Joel scene was brutal but it makes sense. He was a bad guy who's luck caught up with him. Also, Abby isn't that bad? She's pretty, but isn't built in a commonly 'acceptable' way for women so I don't understand the hate.

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
Because a game and a movie is entirely the same commodity your analogy is similarly entirely correct.
Returning a game because you dislike the story is similar to trying to refund a movie for the same reason. If you return a game because it’s broken or has bad gameplay, that’s a technical issue. The point still stands that you shouldn’t be buying a game if you’re willing to return it due to a bad story, especially since it’s been said that it’s going to be sad and depressing

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Returning a game because you dislike the story is similar to trying to refund a movie for the same reason. If you return a game because it’s broken or has bad gameplay, that’s a technical issue. The point still stands that you shouldn’t be buying a game if you’re willing to return it due to a bad story, especially since it’s been said that it’s going to be sad and depressing
Or returning it due to false advertising as most advertisement implied Joel was alive, hell some scene's it's literally his character being replaced.

D

Deleted member 3818

You can return a game for pretty much any reason on steam so long as you meet the requirements for it.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just got two hours in

The Joel scene was brutal but it makes sense. He was a bad guy who's luck caught up with him. Also, Abby isn't that bad? She's pretty, but isn't built in a commonly 'acceptable' way for women so I don't understand the hate.
the "joel deserved it he's a bad guy" argument falls flat on its face for me

everyone is a murderer in this new world
no one decides what's moral

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
the "joel deserved it he's a bad guy" argument falls flat on its face for me

everyone is a murderer in this new world
no one decides what's moral

Exactly. I don't think he deserved it per se, but what's the moral difference between him killing those doctors and someone killing him? The only reason we side with Joel is because we see it from his perspective.

He got what was coming to him, his just deserts. It's really sad tho but I think it fits the story.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
Or returning it due to false advertising as most advertisement implied Joel was alive, hell some scene's it's literally his character being replaced.
tbf they did the same with mgs 2 and mgs v and not a lot of people could be bothered to call out hideo for it

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
tbf they did the same with mgs 2 and mgs v and not a lot of people could be bothered to call out hideo for it
no one called out kojumbo because the whole point of those games is that the player is NOT solid snake/big boss

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
You can return a game for pretty much any reason on steam so long as you meet the requirements for it.
Can’t really disagree I assume. Just don’t understand what people are really expecting out of a game like this
Exactly. I don't think he deserved it per se, but what's the moral difference between him killing those doctors and someone killing him? The only reason we side with Joel is because we see it from his perspective.

He got what was coming to him, his just deserts. It's really sad tho but I think it fits the story.
I’ll even personally concede on the aspect of Joel’s death since it does exactly what it’s supposed to do, it’s just that there are a few other truly meaningless and unsatisfying happenings imo that don’t make any sense. Dunno how far you are in the game or how much you know

Dalekfodder

Proton
Nebulae

Ultimately noone is angry that Joel is died generally, it's just that he is railroaded (shoehorned, sometimes said) into dying for whatever reason?? ?? even the setup in his death is very unlikely of the characters involved.

e: overall bad fanfic

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
no one called out kojumbo because the whole point of those games is that the player is NOT solid snake/big boss
when the entire meta of both games were deconstructing the player's connection with the protagonist and their legacy it made sense.

Romeo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i don't have an issue with joel dying, but i have an issue with how he dies. it feels super duper rushed and uncharacteristic given how he fed himself away despite being proven as a hardened survivor that's lasted 25 years in the apocalypse.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
GwWDFhn.png

Romeo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
dunkey's review wasn't all that great, but that's expected since he's more of a joker. not sure when he's joking or not because that's just his style.