the last of us part II (potential spoilers ahead)

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
Honestly, I think what really bugs me is how easy Joel let his guard down and didn't think about giving a different name after the first game from the clips I've seen and what I remember from the last game.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Honestly, I think what really bugs me is how easy Joel let his guard down and didn't think about giving a different name after the first game from the clips I've seen and what I remember from the last game.
and the fact that were ellie killed and he wasn't, he would have literally mowed down the entirety of America if it meant getting revenge

but nah ellie just leaves her and goes to play guitar with her two fingers because rEVnegE BAD

w h a t

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
What my solution would be to the story would probably be changing the motivation, Keep most of it the same just make it so Joel doesn't die and is saved or some shit, maybe in a coma after and Ellie is motivated to take on a protective role and part revenge cuz what they did to Joel, they hunt down who did it and most of the story can stay the same.
This would also cause the ending to make more sense of release, a moment where Ellie realizes they don't want to be that person or smthn

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
also ellie losing her fingers is just

shit

like i get the whole grimdark thing but come on naughtydog she can still play such hit songs as "master of puppets", "come as you are" and "smoke on the water"

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hear me out - a revised script of TLOU2

The game starts out with playable flashbacks of the past five years, something, showing how Ellie and Joel came to be over the years. Cut back to Abby, who we find travelling across country after leaving the hospital in salt Lake City with a small group.

You play as Ellie for the first few hours, eventually rescuing Abby from the infected Joel originally met her as. The game follows Ellie guiding Abby back to Jackson, unknowingly being tailed by the fireflies, we see the pair bond, use your imagination to decide if abby bonding is real or just a ploy.

The dance happens, Joel and Ellie are dancing as abby spots him. Abby interrupts Ellie and starts dancing with Joel, where she breaks to him in a slow dance that she was the surgeons daughter.

Joel, obviously distraught, takes off in a panic, being tracked by abby, who's followed by Ellie and Tommy. The rest of the town would be in the dance.

At this point, I do feel as if abby would still kill Joel, but in a much more tasteful passion, perhaps shooting him before running off due to alerting the rest of the town. Joel and Ellie will have a final moment, before the brother and daughter mourn the loss of Joel.

The game goes forward as before, but instead we play as both Ellie and Abby in a game of cat and mouse as Ellie slowly picks off abbys friends, the events mostly playing out the same.

The final battle comes, with abby finally coming clean as to what Joel did at the beginning of Tlou, sending Ellie into an almost hazed state, unable to comprehend. "Because you're his daughter" abby let's out, "and I was his..." she reflects, the two finding a common moment, both having lost their father figures in gruesome ways.

And then Ellie whacks her.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Hear me out - a revised script of TLOU2

The game starts out with playable flashbacks of the past five years, something, showing how Ellie and Joel came to be over the years. Cut back to Abby, who we find travelling across country after leaving the hospital in salt Lake City with a small group.

You play as Ellie for the first few hours, eventually rescuing Abby from the infected Joel originally met her as. The game follows Ellie guiding Abby back to Jackson, unknowingly being tailed by the fireflies, we see the pair bond, use your imagination to decide if abby bonding is real or just a ploy.

The dance happens, Joel and Ellie are dancing as abby spots him. Abby interrupts Ellie and starts dancing with Joel, where she breaks to him in a slow dance that she was the surgeons daughter.

Joel, obviously distraught, takes off in a panic, being tracked by abby, who's followed by Ellie and Tommy. The rest of the town would be in the dance.

At this point, I do feel as if abby would still kill Joel, but in a much more tasteful passion, perhaps shooting him before running off due to alerting the rest of the town. Joel and Ellie will have a final moment, before the brother and daughter mourn the loss of Joel.

The game goes forward as before, but instead we play as both Ellie and Abby in a game of cat and mouse as Ellie slowly picks off abbys friends, the events mostly playing out the same.

The final battle comes, with abby finally coming clean as to what Joel did at the beginning of Tlou, sending Ellie into an almost hazed state, unable to comprehend. "Because you're his daughter" abby let's out, "and I was his..." she reflects, the two finding a common moment, both having lost their father figures in gruesome ways.

And then Ellie whacks her.
651-AF28-B-0-D40-41-BB-9139-0-A3-B9010-E584.png

powley
please

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
It would've been too easy to do another Joel and Ellie story, the reception might've been the same as it is now but swapped out with complaints of it just being a repeat or dull.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I say it again I could have found something to like in TLOU2 had they just pulled the fucking trigger with the ending.

They could have even kept the part at the very end where she returns home and finds what she finds and all of that because it would have been a sign that yeah - revenge is a cycle, she lost everything pursuing it. Was it worth it?

Instead she just. Doesn't. For some reason.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I say it again I could have found something to like in TLOU2 had they just pulled the fucking trigger with the ending.

They could have even kept the part at the very end where she returns home and finds what she finds and all of that because it would have been a sign that yeah - revenge is a cycle, she lost everything pursuing it. Was it worth it?

Instead she just. Doesn't.
I expected a choice.

Especially after they make you fight Ellie as Abby and you're unable to intentionally lose that fight to make the choice.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
one thing im confused on is how abby knew joel was joel, the one who killed her father
They literally barely explain it. Apparently there's only one Joel? I guess? Like bearing in mind you also had no choice but to shoot Abby's dad in the first game.

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
It would've been too easy to do another Joel and Ellie story, the reception might've been the same as it is now but swapped out with complaints of it just being a repeat or dull.
I personally heavily doubt it. The reason why the first game was so good was because the Joel and Ellie dynamic was incredibly unique and extremely enjoyable to experience

They could have at least kept Joel alive for more than 2 hours and given some more gameplay with him. The fact that he died isn't the part that sucks - it's the way that he died and the suddenness of it all. It seriously feels like we're being forced to like these new characters that have been introduced when in reality the only people anyone cares about in the series are Joel, Ellie, and Tommy. Literally the best parts of TLOU 2 are the flashback sequences with them in it

Instead she just. Doesn't.
and this, the ending is abhorrently unsatisfying

one thing im confused on is how abby knew joel was joel, the one who killed her father
probably because the two of them gave out every piece of identifying information imaginable. "THIS IS MY BROTHER TOMMY, I AM JOEL AND BTW THIS IS WHERE WE LIVE"

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
One thing I'll applaud the second game for; they nailed the fact that Ellie has always been the type of character who'd go on a roaring rampage of revenge if it was to do with Joel. She was lethal when she was like thirteen, is there any reason she'd be less likely to fucking murder people as an adult?

I'm glad they didn't pussy out of that at least, except when it mattered.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
this game is getting user critics like tiktoks indian overtaking on the play store
4af35ef0153bde7bf7e5878490821610.png

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
Considering it’s highly likely they’ll release a part 3 as well as DLC for this game, maybe they can change the broad user consensus somehow and redeem themselves. In all honestly I’ve not seen this much discussion about a game before so they’ve done something right

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Considering it’s highly likely they’ll release a part 3 as well as DLC for this game, maybe they can change the broad user consensus somehow and redeem themselves. In all honestly I’ve not seen this much discussion about a game before so they’ve done something right
Kinda looks like a lot of those that are rating it low didn’t even play the game.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
just didn’t like how there was no development for characters before they killed them off, or used them for big story changing moments when you have no idea who they are or what they’re about, then tried to do it afterwards
or how every door magically was blocked by some shit
they should’ve progressed the story chronologically instead of having flashbacks within flashbacks and such

Deleted member 28

Nebulae
Kinda looks like a lot of those that are rating it low didn’t even play the game.
Definitely. On PlayStation you can see the percentage of players with certain trophies (like steam global achievements) and a day ago something like 10% of people had the “you beat the game” trophy. It’s an unfortunate consequence of the leaks and I would have really liked to see how different the reaction to the game would have been without them. Still, there are a lot of people online who have finished the game and have provided legit negative criticism of the story as a whole and I’d assume the devs will take that into consideration for any future TLOU content