The Outer Worlds

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
country side life, barely scratch 500kb/s

OOF, I live in a big city so I get high download speed, but the downside is living in a city is so fucking expensive, my county is the highest taxed county in Florida ;_;

Pros and Cons I guess!

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I think a lot of people have hyped out The Outer Worlds as if it was going to be the new-age Fallout New Vegas, but we're trying to compare two very different games. Good developer, good games on their own, Outer Worlds not so good when compared to Fallout NV

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
try not to depress the fuck out of me, it's been a long fucking day and I've only just been able to get round to downloading this off the fucking EGS
Im having a ton of fun with it. I didn't give into any hype before it came out, didn't watch all the gameplay and trailers, just took it at face value and it's been good. My one criticism is the generic bad guy enemies that were propped up around the map.

The quests have all mostly been very morally grey, which I enjoy a lot, the game expects you to do some bad or questionable things instead of having you do a bad or a good thing entirely, everything's a matter of perspective and it allows a lot of roleplay.

The actual dialogue writing is fantastic and my favorite thing about the game so far, holding a conversation feels entirely natural, being sassy/funny/stoic works with some people, some not, everyone feels unique, and I'm in love with that aspect - especially the way some of the voice actors bring emotional or impactful dialogue to life. The companions stand out especially here, and imo feel a lot more natural to your party, akin to Fallout 2 rather than the New Vegas approach.

It's a lot like having the dialogue of New Vegas and the gunplay/resource grinding that a lot of people liked in Fallout 4. Great so far, and judging by how the first area only felt like an introduction zone, I've got high hopes.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i was on the edge of buying it till i watched some more trailers and realized it was a feminized cringy version of fallout
If you don't play a fun game made by passionate people that you'd otherwise play solely based on a political opinion you've pulled out of a hat from a trailer, you're pretty sad. You're allowed to like stuff even though the colors and hairstyles line up with your view of a "feminist game". Be a person.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
i was on the edge of buying it till i watched some more trailers and realized it was a feminized cringy version of fallout
yes if there are female characters and bright colors it is an evil feminist game

get over yourself good lord

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
If you don't play a fun game made by passionate people that you'd otherwise play solely based on a political opinion you've pulled out of a hat from a trailer, you're pretty sad. You're allowed to like stuff even though the colors and hairstyles line up with your view of a "feminist game". Be a person.
nah i don't mean it like that i couldn't care about how some person has weird hair or people are gay

everything seems like a lite version of fallout and it's all clearly made to offend as small of a group as possible, however at the same time the game (or atleast the trailers) tries very hard to make it look like it's some action packed game filled with the aspects of the gruesome reality of corporations owning the planet yet it seems like the last part is ironically missing in the game. everything is obviously made less brutal

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
almost like the 50's had a weird fashion sense

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think a lot of people have hyped out The Outer Worlds as if it was going to be the new-age Fallout New Vegas, but we're trying to compare two very different games. Good developer, good games on their own, Outer Worlds not so good when compared to Fallout NV
In their defence, they're trying to make a brand-new IP. It isn't going to be as instantly attention-grabbing as Fallout for some people.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
nah i don't mean it like that i couldn't care about how some person has weird hair or people are gay

everything seems like a lite version of fallout and it's all clearly made to offend as small of a group as possible, however at the same time the game (or atleast the trailers) tries very hard to make it look like it's some action packed game filled with the aspects of the gruesome reality of corporations owning the planet yet it seems like the last part is ironically missing in the game. everything is obviously made less brutal
how does that make it feminized?

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
it's all clearly made to offend as small of a group as possible
trying not to give too much away but i've already encountered a few very real subjects that they'd definitely not have put in there if this was even remotely true.
the game (or atleast the trailers) tries very hard to make it look like it's some action packed game filled with the aspects of the gruesome reality of corporations owning the planet yet it seems like the last part is ironically missing in the game.
literally the first part of the game
you encounter a town with a plague wherein the corporations neglect and let people die due to their budget, as well as a plethora of people with varying issues related to the strict bureaucracy, it's a pretty hardcore take
everything seems like a lite version of fallout
If you mean the artstyle, you're definitely wrong, while they've borrowed inspiration, if anything a lot of it's more akin to Bioshock. While one of the things I'm not a huge fan of, the vibrance and color usage is pretty defining as one of the tools they used to make it more individual. It stands out in it's own right.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’ve played for a bit and the writing is very good so far, had some good chuckles and got me interested a lot, characters feels unique, at least most of them!

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
EHsXLXnXkAAxuq4

The Fallout 2 esque writing where you can be a massive cock to everyone is definitely a highlight.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Finally got to start playing after 2 days of downloading.
Really into it so far.

Combat surprisingly feels good, time dilation kinda feels like what VATS probably would've evolved into, plus all the reactions enemies have to getting shot.
Quite hard too, individual marauders are already risky, so when I stumbled into a town full of them I managed to kill 2 before I got completed stomped on. I like it.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Oh my god the writing is killing me is so good, it gets even better after the first area, absolutely do side quest and talk to people you won’t regret it.

One downside I’m seeing is that it seems I’m very powerful right now, BUT I am playing in normal so I might just bump difficulty up to hard if enemies don’t get tougher, and this is with a speech build

(Not a spoiler cause trailers: If you see a guy selling stuff with a moon head... talk to him)

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Only real issue so far is that characters in idle anims jump to their default in a single frame, which can kinda make follow up shots in a ambush more annoying.