• No

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I've been roleplaying for too long

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
Also quick shoutout to @Dallas for putting up with my constant lore questions back on LP which led me into writing the stuff for CW and helped me in wanting to stay around to see where it went even if I didn't do a good job.

Writing lore and giving other people a good foundation is one of the things I still do find rewarding as hell to do.
ur questions made me think about stuff id never considered and prompted a lot of nice stuff so aye

Nebulae
You know, the best tip I have to anyone getting into any roleplay is to STAY OUT of almost all OOC stuff. I had fun for years with a few communties. But as soon as I started talking we people in TS and getting more involved with people, the fun started dying.
When I used to run around a new map looking for stuff to do and people to talk to, it was fun. I would patrol as a CP and even though it was mostly walking around for 5000000000000000000000000000000 hours. I Always had a blast, because I cared for what I was doing. The moment you start get involved with the people in the community, is when the fun dies.

Sorry for a rant. But the point is, play around. Have fun. And try to make friends ICly, if you do that, then try to do it OOCly.
And above all else, don't take the game so seriously, some people have a hard time splitting their feelings away from a character.

Also, don't take this like I hate everyone, it is just more fun to play around IC without all the OOC META bullshit.

Last edited:

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I thought most people here were entirely entranced by Helix to the point where this wouldn't even apply.

Sad to see I was wrong, though.
[doublepost=1555036200][/doublepost]On a separate note, for those of you who admit you have taken the Blackpill yet still remain- why? Why keep yourself around even if the enjoyment has faded substantially?

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Whenever I get burnt out I simply leave HL2 and GMOD as a whole for a few months until I regain my interests in the game. I've done this probably a dozen times over the years.

However, I've always enjoyed the Roleplay. If I don't, I simply don't play. (My favorite being CAB/Political RP) However, I believe there is a certain roleplay that people don't know they can create.

Take for example the Humanist Front revival. I hopped on a character I literally hadn't touched in nearly 6 months, got a friend on, and started walking around. A day later we announce we are running from tribune, literally no one even knows our characters. Now, I'd say we have a chance at winning, less then a week after hopping on these characters for the first time in six months.

Another (political) thing can be seen with my old Minister. I hadn't touched CAB for like 4 months. Within the first month of rejoining/reapplying I was Minister. Listening in on Beneventi's meetings, conspiring with a few people, doing my fair share of nepotism and corruption, until finally it all peaked with a failed coup.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I miss running around the Fakelands with music in full blast as I met new people.
so yes, it does.
I hated the fake lands, was and looked horrible with dreadful lighting. Seemed to be a strange compromise for the big desire to have some sortve outlands area but really just looked like a heap of fps killing props

Reactions: List

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I hated the fake lands, was and looked horrible with dreadful lighting. Seemed to be a strange compromise for the big desire to have some sortve outlands area but really just looked like a heap of fps killing props
nah I know, I hate the fakelands but it's more the nostalgia of running around.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I thought most people here were entirely entranced by Helix to the point where this wouldn't even apply.

Sad to see I was wrong, though.
[doublepost=1555036200][/doublepost]On a separate note, for those of you who admit you have taken the Blackpill yet still remain- why? Why keep yourself around even if the enjoyment has faded substantially?

i don't play on the server but i'm staying around cause i got a lot of frens here and they're pretty cool and wholesome

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Becoming staff is the quickest way into the roleplay blackpill

You stop having any restrictions, you can fly about and see all the map the day after it comes out, know what's going on where and have rp interrupted by a lot more OOC stuff

Even trying self imposed restrictions doesn't help much because you move about so much helping people, seeing rp scenarios you wouldn't usually and ooc things you wouldn't have available as a normal player

God bless the few staff able to balance both :(

I’ll be honest

I really can’t find balancing both staff and RP difficult other than the self imposed rules by headstaff (noclip timer? I think is why some staff refuse to answer or are hesitant doing so?)

I haven’t done a fully serious rp staff setting since I was 13-15 near equal amount of neb people on daily on a equal occurrence (70 or so) but staff requests weren’t an issue even with a similar amount of people on, not gonna say every staff diligently worked cause some didn’t, just wanted the powers but a lot responded fast.

If a server can do it with similar amount of people, look at your structure and enforce the same

cause whilst other black pills are the same, it shouldn’t be difficult to manage 100 players if there’s 5 of you on, at best it’s not 100 people !helping but a couple few at a time
[doublepost=1555082590][/doublepost]

When @Jaydawg was getting people to check it out initially I was hyped. I knew it was ugly but it was an environment that was promising.

It still is, by my standards and I imagine everyone’s standards an amazing prop build but couldn’t sate peoples desires of a functional outlands server that people wanted.

e: oh yeah and credit to the guiders I mean as much as I started resenting it they did great with what they could and allowed me to passive rp w/o worry really

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its weird because i know well that i ruined it for myself by using ts and the forums but both improved my english by a fuckload and also let me meet some really solid cunts

Wouldnt trade the time i spent here for anything, bad and good

But i cant say id want to return to it unless its for running events. The magic is just gone