The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
day 3 review

i didnt play. I had life stuff to do so I got home late and then purposely decided that I'd rather eat pad thai and watch a mediocre ending to a season of Fear The Walking Dead over 5fps in the desert
Very constructive. I really agree with the part where you commented on the server. Take a neb!

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Very constructive. I really agree with the part where you commented on the server. Take a neb!
Very constructive feedback to his review.
I have to agree with the part where you said "Take a neb!" to the author of the Bird Bible, Aether. For this gracious review I must award you with a 'Neb'.

- Ricsow

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Very constructive feedback to his review.
I have to agree with the part where you said "Take a neb!" to the author of the Bird Bible, Aether. For this gracious review I must award you with a 'Neb'.

- Ricsow
Extremely constructive feedback to this review of a review.
I conclude that the part of the review where he pointed out how constructive it was showed a great deal of self confidence. You must take a nebulous rating for this accomplishment.

-Thood LXXIV.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
day 3 review

i didnt play. I had life stuff to do so I got home late and then purposely decided that I'd rather eat pad thai and watch a mediocre ending to a season of Fear The Walking Dead over 5fps in the desert

We found one of the causes behind the trouble. We've also removed a crapton of props, including almost the entirety of my old rebel camp.

I can actually look towards the depot now and have FPS..
seriously though I think we going up now, we got some interesting things up ahead from the event team and the premise of it all can get rolling now

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Oop.
I did some tests with the map, it dislikes the open space, simply put.
So, that contributes quite a bit, too.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Tonight was interesting. Plethora stuff on my Vort which culminated in... sorry, I've gotta be honest here, but I'm not sure we ultimately did anything. Yeah, we had a cool bit of flux-shifting RP, but the whole premise and how it wound up felt very patchwork. I'll try to explain it step by step.

1) We get informed that the Arc/lighthouse is holding some kind of immensely powerful elder vort (even though elder vorts aren't supposed to really be much of a thing in this iteration of HL2RP) as a captive, and that we can't destroy the place outright.
2) We then get told that said elder actually fled into the antlion hives, and we'd have to there and get him
3) I suggest us vorts gathering together to send a communal flux-shifting signal to communicate with the elder via distance, and we decide to do that first before aimlessly spelunking into the caves.
4) Cool fluxRP happens, I almost give up couple of times because the event messages made it look like our effort was in vain, only for our attempts to bear fruit with an emissary vort alongside a houndeye coming to us.
5) He tells us that the Arc houses other Vortigaunts, we have to deal with that by tomorrow (is what we interpreted after the fact, because the emissary used the term "sun cycle" that refers to a different span of time [11 years fyi]), and that our kin are starting to form into ideologically separate clusters, so we gotta look out for that.

And then he left. We effectively tired ourselves out ICly (no clue if this counts for the "one massed vortessence feat per week" limit) to be reminded of something we kind of already knew about. Maybe I just couldn't read between the lines. Maybe I missed out a crucial message IC. Maybe my short-term memory is shoddy. I can only reason that my own shortcomings made me unable to see the forest for the trees, because otherwise? I don't know what tonight was about.

Last edited:

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
regrettably i have been very detached from a lot of the roleplay myself, but I'm glad to hear that there are people enjoying themselves at least

we are working on a new map choice, and perhaps a rotation of maps, so that it doesn't get extra stale very very soon, and allows people to routinely plan for maps that they know they will be going to next

i also would like to say that I'm actually not a fan of hitting 80, 100 players and all that crazy shit, don't fly too close to the sun

so i feel like catering to a condensed, smaller playercount is better for me and my staff and for the ones who are catered to as well. unsure whether or not we will lower slots even further, but a smaller playercount also opens up more good map choices for us to experience

Nebulae
Tonight was interesting. Plethora stuff on my Vort which culminated in... sorry, I've gotta be honest here, but I'm not sure we ultimately did anything. Yeah, we had a cool bit of flux-shifting RP, but the whole premise and how it wound up felt very patchwork. I'll try to explain it step by step.

1) We get informed that the Arc/lighthouse is holding some kind of immensely powerful elder vort (even though elder vorts aren't supposed to really be much of a thing in this iteration of HL2RP) as a captive, and that we can't destroy the place outright.
2) We then get told that said elder actually fled into the antlion hives, and we'd have to there and get him
3) I suggest us vorts gathering together to send a communal flux-shifting signal to communicate with the elder via distance, and we decide to do that first before aimlessly spelunking into the caves.
4) Cool fluxRP happens, I almost give up couple of times because the event messages made it look like our effort was in vain, only for our attempts to bear fruit with an emissary vort alongside a houndeye coming to us.
5) He tells us that the Arc houses other Vortigaunts, we have to deal with that by tomorrow (is what we interpreted after the fact, because the emissary used the term "sun cycle" that refers to a different span of time [11 years fyi]), and that our kin are starting to form into ideologically separate clusters, so we gotta look out for that.

And then he left. We effectively tired ourselves out ICly (no clue if this counts for the "one massed vortessence feat per week" limit) to be reminded of something we kind of already knew about. Maybe I just couldn't read between the lines. Maybe I missed out a crucial message IC. Maybe my short-term memory is shoddy. I can only reason that my own shortcomings made me unable to see the forest for the trees, because otherwise? I don't know what tonight was about.

just gonna say that i basically had no idea what was going on with this vort plotline, i wasn't told about any of the prior story details and was just asked to send some kind of a message to the vorts to raid the lighthouse tomorrow so i mocked up something quick w/ a character and improvised a lot of the lines (i usually have a hard time saying "tomorrow" or using conventional earth dates as as vort, just feels wrong, so sun cycle misinterpretation i understand). some of what i said IC seemed to conflict with the existing narrative and i agree that "elder vorts" shouldn't be a thing if that was run by me before in more detail i wouldve shot it down/adjusted it for sure

but as far as your core question goes ("what was tonight about?") - it was basically just setup for the events of tomorrow. hopefully you guys will have the payoff you seek

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
dont got a lot to add beyond what people have already said but (and ive spoken to numbers already privately) ive only really heard two complaints that are remotely en-masse;

1) ppl gettin sick of map
2) people want action

1 is already being addressed as numbers said and im fairly certain 2 is as well, so will just need to see the reception to that

only complaint i personally have is night time. fuck night time. i dont like it. fuck off. bitch.

perma day time or ur smooth brained. night time happens icly but not oocly. when u arent on the server its night time. fuck you.

Nebulae
we are working on a new map choice, and perhaps a rotation of maps, so that it doesn't get extra stale very very soon
I had this great idea on how map rotations should work, i think that depending on what we do should determine the map we will be going
i want us players to choose the map that we will be going in ICLY manner

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
stasiland was meant to be city roleplay with stasi officers that all skipped out managing the city (and even playing) due to reasons i do not know, + the role being increasingly bureaucratic and the whole server relying upon these officers alone to hand out licenses

stasiland then devolved to guerrilla roleplay with stasi snitches on the inside and cia on the outside that worked against each other and tried to PK one another, which led to the only group on the server (nobody else decided setting another one up while federalist insurgents were still a thing) eventually dying out by being captured, shot, etc

stasiland is also a server grounded by real world tropes, no aliens, no cool soldier progression or mindless insect swarms/zombies, not as much similar an aesthetic

the cycle of the playerbase doing nothing, complaining about nothing being done, only to complain when staff are leading the rebels groups because the playerbase won't.

Nebulae
AA8F557FC00F9AA4EC35C6D151CEA4FF988718E9

me, @Andrew and @chimeric broke back into the prison and this shit is hilarious, shoutout loyalist ronin