The Wasteland Depot - OPENING EVENT & MAP

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
I’m enjoying it, although I worry people in the courtyard might get pretty bored of standing around chatting or waiting to get dragged out on some work detail pretty fast if there isn’t something to enrich that a bit further. Been doing my best to try and alleviate that with my citizen but I don’t know how successful I’ve been given that I’m just another inmate.
yeah, we don't want to spoonfeed too much, give people time to form relations

Reactions: List

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
yeah, we don't want to spoonfeed too much, give people time to form relations

100%, just make sure to check the pulse every so often and make sure it’s not too late when you begin to actually get things REALLY moving.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
Played for about an hour before I had to log off.

Was nice to be back with a refreshed mind; And not have to worry about anything staff related.

Pretty immersive so far. However, the first hour of gameplay was just doing boring "workshifts" without much engagement from the officers. The good thing is that it was a nice way to form relations with the other civilians. I didn't really think that being locked in a yard was a good idea. Pretty much restricting the players to that tiny square.

But overall nice and refreshing despite the difficulties. - From a civi perspective.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Where's my corruption RP at?
Where's the drugs, the smuggled contraband, the hazing and prisoner brutality?
Why haven't I seen a stabbing yet?

This feels more like a swedish homeless shelter than a hardboiled prison right now.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae

This feels more like a swedish homeless shelter than a hardboiled prison right now.

Not gonna snitch on my fellow rolegamers but I’ve had my share of a few of those already in my few hours in.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

because it’s the first day bro no one knows eachother yet

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i think I’ll connect

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
how is the prison roleplay so far
qM15twd.png

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
allow people to move more but ensure they don't escape
get a few admins to create 2 main prison gangs that everyone can join and cause rivalry
drop shivs at random locations and get prisoners to stab each other
cause chaos

just spitballing here but can't expect people to have fun for a long time if you're gonna lock them up in a room and not give them anything to do

it's ok to lock people up for a bit though since it is a prison event but change things up every 30 min atleast

Last edited:

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
"It feels good to be back on a server with actual players after not playing HL2RP for more than two years. I must admit that I was more interested in the Civil Protection side of things. Though I won't deny that by the end of the night, I was feeling a little bored.

-rob"

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
It felt a bit stale to be late into CivPro action like detaining escapees, otherwise, had been more into PassiveRP, getting tasks done, plus using my brain to make escaping more difficult. Maybe I can make a somewhat interesting story for you at some point. S2K is going to be hell for myself, however. I still am to develop any real feedback yet.

really liked it except for the fact that i had 193 ping
First time? (10fps, 500 ping)

florek

Electron
Nebulae
Honestly have to say that it was quite boring for me. Granted, I joined very late and missing much of the opening event so all I saw was people bunched up in cells and sometimes aimlessly walking about, and while I did find some good passive RP here and there and had some nice interactions with the CMU, cops and other people, it all felt very bland.

Like there was nothing really to do except walk around and do passive. Perhaps that was the intended effect and I just missed the point, but in that one hour or so I was online, I definitely expected some more engagement to occur. But like I said, perhaps I just joined too late, at a bad time or joined when the apex was already over with.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I don't really get the premise of getting Gmod Jailbreak gameplay for the first x days before the server switches to its intended setting (i.e. what was hyped up and promised) especially considering it effectively means walk citizens back and forth until they rebel simulator (which has a predetermined outcome anyway)

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Fun in my opinion. Alot of it (for the CP side) was wrangling, brutality, and things of the like. I can see where people said it was slow but alot of it was either passive RPing, gang RP, or making an escape.

I will say, once people kinda made relationships and the like, it seemed like violence and shit started to pick up. I just think citizens need to plan their big escape.