Nebulae
on behalf of rob!!
wj2m96d.png
We love the regular updates from Rob.

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Didn't do much on my citizen character today, since the start of Sociocide meant I'd have a lot to do on my Vortigaunt.

At least, that's how I imagined it. What happened was that I found myself as part of the 'extraction team', wherein I'd accompany a medic that handled a truck that'd keep going back-and-forth to bring refugees back to the camp. What ended up happening was that the Antlions poured out by the dozens as soon as the siege began 20 meters from our post, and slideshow combat led me to my laggy death.

I conversed with other Vorts that had just respawned, but in the absence of information, we just returned to our posts. I thought the antlion attack was an admin oversight, so I didn't really know how IC I should assume the incident. Regardless, the event went on, and I hung out at the exctraction point without further incidents. Well, besides the fact that when the first wave of escapees arrived, somebody just deleted the truck. The medic I accompanied had to herd them back to the camp on foot, and I stuck around until word on the radio mentioned of a retreat.

Not much ado once I returned to the camp. I helped tending to the wounded a bit, then went AFK to get something to eat. Just now got some fun RP to do by removing the shackles of another Vort, so that was fun.

All in all, it was kind of interesting, but the lagginess took a lot out of me. With the prison formula getting dismantled bit by bit, I can't expect much more to be had out of this map.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I strongly urge you to move to a different map soon

Listening to thumpers is already getting annoying alongside the awful performance - now that we are independent of NEEDING a ration center and placement for all the filler factions of last iteration the map choice at your disposal is huge

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
review of day 2

I could only play from 7pm due to other obligations (did flick on a couple times tryna sort out stuff with the bugbaits and failed). I played for about three hours and then disconnected. Overall, I'd rate it a 5/10 for my experience. Things were messy and my shitty computer combined with other issues caused things to not go very well. I already said what happened to me, but not after.

After I died, I went back like Tinbe, thinking that there was still something to do at the fort. I got kinda stuck there after getting shot a bit and found myself underneath the walkway where all the soldiers and cops were walking;
20230108193519_1.jpg

The darkness isn't due to my HP btw, I eventually healed back to full thanks to the meds I got yesterday and let me tell you: it was exactly like that the whole time. Now, this could've easily been a bad thing, but I'll be honest it was probably one of the only good parts about my experience today, which doesn't exactly say much, but I'll say why. I sat here, low HP with cops and soldiers constantly walking and running back and forth over that walkway with their flashlights on, and by the grace of god they thankfully decided to not look where I was hiding. Once healed, I decided to try and press further, and ended up getting spotted by the helicopter I think, so I bailed and ran backwards, assuming a patrol team was about to run to a ping of my location. Still stuck on the hill though, I waited and sure enough another vort and a biotic walked past, and so we hauled ass back down the pipe and managed to survive.

The tension created by the situation of me being stuck there (which only happened in the first place due to how much of a mess the assault was) was pretty enjoyable, and rescuing a biotic in the end made it a bit better, so silver linings. It definitely wasn't as good as yesterday but I have faith that once we're off this god awful map (not the fault of whoever updated it btw, I imagine it's just too fucking big in general) things will be better.

tldr: 5/10, not bad, not good, had issues, had fun.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae

Listening to thumpers is already getting annoying alongside the awful performance - now that we are independent of NEEDING a ration center and placement for all the filler factions of last iteration the map choice at your disposal is huge
sandwich-spinning.gif

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
shower riot was so cool

extra points because it was purely player initiative iirc

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i wanna see some foresty greenery type shit, total contrast from this map

wide open spaces, greenery, trees, brightness, clear skies

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
While I think the map is cool in the sense of detail, finding a better performing environment is a necessity, as some, probably not in a minority are in quite a low framerate, had to compromise a lot to get something resembling playable speed (20 fps).

However, for an introduction, it was not too bad. I wish I could have gotten to the server sooner, and dealing with the conscripts was a bit of a difference to what I am used to do. I am still interested in seeing how the story will turn out, so I will stick around a bit more.