The world from the perspective of an Aspy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
what's the bigger picture?
The universe. The stars. Look around you. Acknowledge it. Have a conversation about it, formulate ideas, talk about going to space and furthering human society. It's the fact that we're knee-deep in our own lives that we'd rather talk about how a sports game was than spreading and sharing truly important ideas.
[doublepost=1550014235][/doublepost]
bait or not im swallowing because i want to write something:

It is a quite common trend for young people that have early interests in science and in intellectualism to come to some sort of conclusion that they're inherently smarter (whether they are or not irrelevant) and that the rest of the World simply doesn't understand. This effect may be greatly enhanced by both the societal stereotypes and actual effects of certain diagnoses, in this case aspergers which can inhibit one's ability to communicate with others combined with the common trope that people with aspergers are more prone to being "geniuses".

This is a phase most people grow out of and you will most probably look back to these kinds of statements with some degree of embarassment in the future. Furthermore, I suggest you stray away from determining your intellectual ability based on a number you got from a test, it serves you no purpose aside from self-absorbtion or over/underestimation of your own capabilities.

Acknowledged. I have heard this before and already assessed this. It is indeed a distinct possibility that I overestimate myself, but I've already said that I don't have the skills to move the world forward.

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae
The universe. The stars. Look around you. Acknowledge it. Have a conversation about it, formulate ideas, talk about going to space and furthering human society. It's the fact that we're knee-deep in our own lives that we'd rather talk about how a sports game was than spreading and sharing truly important ideas.

Acknowledged. I have heard this before and already assessed this. It is indeed a distinct possibility that I overestimate myself, but I've already said that I don't have the skills to move the world forward.

335.png

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

no thanks if i think about that stuff i have an existential crisis

i'd much rather spend time talking about sports or playing vidya with my roommate

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Existential crises aren't good? Wait... Why?
Because there's no actual answer

Your purpose in life is what you make of it, if you think everything is meaningless then it is

No point stewing on something you'll never have a concrete answer for anyway

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
Dr Heckyll In order to have a discussion about dialectics in this context, we have to have differing ideas on the same topic. That has not yet been accomplished.
[doublepost=1550014602][/doublepost]

Your purpose in life is what you make of it, if you think everything is meaningless then it is

That's exactly the point, finding the answer is impossible, but the process by which we do so is what makes it inherently interesting.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Existential crises aren't good? Wait... Why?

I'm not very smart okay

I've acknowledged this

I have a hard time visualizing and comprehending some of these big concepts and the best things for humanity, and thinking about it too hard is pretty bad for me personally, especially if I'm going through a depressive cycle

That's why I'd rather stick to my own life, the people around me, and how I can make mine and their lives better, making them laugh or making them proud because of something I personally did. The little things, you know. I like to think they spark some joy in this world

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae

Anyone can lay claim to grand ideas of the cosmos and all of creation, it's not difficult and I can guarantee you that the vast majority of all people living on this Earth has contemplated "big ideas". If anything, the fact that """people in general""" do not constantly contemplate all of this in the manner that you speak of should give you a clue to why there is no intrinsic worth in just cooking up jambled thoughts about "the big picture", it isn't pragmatic and doesn't get anyone anywhere aside from indulging in their own ability to conjure up the ideas.

A precise and applicable idea that is derived from reducing "the big picture" down to managable bits of scientific or societal theory has infinitely more worth than a grand statement about everything that says nothing

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae

hi dad
[doublepost=1550014704][/doublepost]
That's exactly the point, finding the answer is impossible, but the process by which we do so is what makes it inherently interesting.
the answer is dont think about it

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Not really no

It's very likely that humans being sentient was just an accident

Life is what you make of it.

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
hi dad
[doublepost=1550014704][/doublepost]
the answer is dont think about it

Why'd you quote my rebuttal if THAT was the conclusion you came to?
[doublepost=1550014796][/doublepost]
Not really no

It's very likely that humans being sentient was just an accident

Life is what you make of it.

Okay, what is sentience? Is it something that can even be accidental? Are we talking about self-awareness or consciousness? Why is it that we only regard ourselves and other biological organisms as "sentient"? Questions are fun, and they make life easier when you begin to answer them. It's also an art, as I just demonstrated. It brings satisfaction to discuss matters that are so far above our capability of understanding.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Why'd you quote my rebuttal if THAT was the conclusion you came to?

sage background:
i use polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great erudition

i feel like thats ur whole personality

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
idk why but i hate this phrase so much

there's no actual reason, the statement probably 100% correct, but for some reason i just don't like it and it annoys me cause i can't pin point why
I mean it's a gross generalisation, it ignores a lot of factors

I more so mean in outlook, If you think everything is shit and meaningless then what's the point right?

Status
Not open for further replies.