Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
sage background:
i use polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great erudition

i feel like thats ur whole personality

I do the same thing during verbal conversations. Most people with whom I speak express mild intrigue in regards to my vernacular. I suppose you embody the contrary.

I also do it because it's fun, and it annoys the shit out of people like you.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
wow
e:

>still communicating through physiorhetorical means and not psychoconfidential functionalities like the average hypercomputing megagenius

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I do the same thing during verbal conversations. Most people with whom I speak express mild intrigue in regards to my vernacular. I suppose you embody the contrary.

I also do it because it's fun, and it annoys the shit out of people like you.
Using big words is the sign of someone who wants to sound intelligent without actually being it

It's like people who think speaking with recieved pronounciation makes them smarter.

A smart person can get their message across concisely and so even the dumbest person could understand it

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
walking into this thread hoping to have a friendly discussion about aspergers but instead you don't understand half the posts

4dImbuT.jpg

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
Using big words is the sign of someone who wants to sound intelligent without actually being it

It's like people who think speaking with recieved pronounciation makes them smarter.

A smart person can get their message across concisely and so even the dumbest person could understand it

I reiterate the latter statement.
"I do it because it's fun, and it annoys the shit out of people like you."

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
It's a self-referential parody of his retort. He doesn't like it when I use big words, so I just did it more.
its not that i dont like it

it just makes you seem like a dick
but you reinforced my point

you're an insufferable prick
[doublepost=1550015343][/doublepost]watch this roleplayer destroy his repuation instantly LIVE

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
Wait, hold on. You came to me, said I had no self awareness, and then called me an insufferable prick when I lightly mock your statement?

Stop tagging every single argument I make as "dumb" and go back to getting your 5th grade education. (Needless insult)

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Wait, hold on. You came to me, said I had no self awareness, and then called me an insufferable prick when I lightly mock your statement?
its because this came from
nowhere
literally nowhere

you march on into roleplay town with your banner of 'i am very smart' raised high
but you just look like an asshole
roleplay town is not the place to raise your banner of smartness because nobody gives a toss
and you're going to be made fun of because man it just makes you look stupid

there is no better way to seem like an idiot than to proclaim to everyone just how smart you are

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
its because this came from
nowhere
literally nowhere

you march on into roleplay town with your banner of 'i am very smart' raised high
but you just like like an asshole
roleplay town is not the place to raise your banner of smartness because nobody gives a toss
and you're going to be made fun of because man it just makes you look stupid

there is no better way to seem like an idiot than to proclaim to everyone just how smart you are

This is the General area of a forums. If I were actually invested in my reputation, I would've put it in the Fast Threads or some shit.

Moreover, this really doesn't have much at all to do with roleplay. Leave my roleplay business out of this.

Cephalon

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm going to stop responding to some of the messages, as they're not contributing to the conversation. If you'd like to argue about my intelligence, do so without rhetorically quoting unrelated shit.

jarodine

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm Cephalon, age 16, and I have Aspergers. Here's my perspective on the aloof world:

Having Aspergers is like being a supercomputer with ridiculously slow internet. Just... don't even bother communicating on anything you can do yourself. You'll realize a solution mid-sentence and then you'll have to explain why you don't need the other person's help without insulting their intelligence. The latter part is the hardest.

Most days, I wake up knowing that I am one of the few people that will know, and even fewer that will care, that carrots do not make your eyesight better. Or that despite Einstein's denial, God does indeed play dice with the universe in the form of electron behavior. Or that any number of completely arbitrary facts exist and are undeniably interesting to the hyper-curious mind.

I live most of my life fantasizing about a world where I was normal. And believe it or not, the one where no one makes eye contact during their conversations is by every measure the better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.