News THERMOGENESIS

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
I have a feel the pretty hefty and totally not conspicuous turret details in the /event were supposed to make rebels not go
I sure did not

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I have a feel the pretty hefty and totally not conspicuous turret details in the /event were supposed to make rebels not go
I sure did not
I think they were designed to let folks know they'd face stiff opposition if they did. You couldn't stop rebels from going but I for one knew what'd happen if rebels pushed them without any sort of balance - they'd more than likely win, especially with the Vorts.

Would have been fine if someone hadn't of spawned a Guard which knocked most of the turrets over and let a Vort step out and beam one of the cops while the rest got pinned from being able to pull back.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Right I was just told over steam that there was some S2K event over a supply drop or something. Just offering my two cents.
The event in question wasn't meant to be an S2K event for the record. It was just some supplies that went off-course.

Rebels literally went "lets kill them" (to quote the logs I saw when I watched them peeking) when they saw cops in the distance, ran at them and the two sides exchanged shots cause the cops couldn't break off without being beamed or shot up and if not for the turrets nearby would have died.
Vort here who took part in the S2K, I'll try and explain my side of things.
The computer told people about supply drops, I decided to accompany. I saw CPs in the distance and some people tried to take potshots at them. I told 'em they probably shouldn't waste ammo at that distance, to which they started telling me to start beaming them. I downed one cop, but couldn't do much afterwards due to emplacement gun constantly shooting at us from distance. Eventually we all just booked it, rn recovering from the wounds.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Vort here who took part in the S2K, I'll try and explain my side of things.
The computer told people about supply drops, I decided to accompany. I saw CPs in the distance and some people tried to take potshots at them. I told 'em they probably shouldn't waste ammo at that distance, to which they started telling me to start beaming them. I downed one cop, but couldn't do much afterwards due to emplacement gun constantly shooting at us from distance. Eventually we all just booked it, rn recovering from the wounds.
Yeah no worries man, not knocking you.

Skirmishes are fine it was just poorly communicated. No harm done, other than that cop you yeeted.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I stopped playing neb because the amount of time it drained from my life.

I saw an even and thought it'd be fun

my GCSE's start in two days

I haven't revised in 3 days because of this event

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
wasnt really my event nor did i count it as an event, it was just a supply drop that wasnt meant to get a bit challenging with the guard making you fuck off out of there once you grabbed everything

lot of the cops wanted to stick around and got gonked for it, none of the rebels got told to attack you they acted on their own accord

also got told to put it down in the refinery by @Zak since he wanted me to do it, again it was suppose to be a simple tag and grab operation that got trailed off for some reason by people spending more time ranting and raving rather than running off lmao

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
wasnt really my event nor did i count it as an event, it was just a supply drop that wasnt meant to get a bit challenging with the guard making you fuck off out of there once you grabbed everything

lot of the cops wanted to stick around and got gonked for it, none of the rebels got told to attack you they acted on their own accord

also got told to put it down in the refinery by @Zak since he wanted me to do it, again it was suppose to be a simple tag and grab operation that got trailed off for some reason by people spending more time ranting and raving rather than running off lmao
spooky AI computer told rebels to go

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
who the fuck is that fucking computer and why didnt it remain dead after cram killed it

a) rdm

b) reality cannot be supported if people go around murdering event characters

c) question with long answer

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
Soviet AIs use the power of communism to withstand lead.
You'll need to raise alcohol taxes and maybe blow up a nuclear reactor somewhere to kill MACV off.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
I stopped playing neb because the amount of time it drained from my life.

I saw an even and thought it'd be fun

my GCSE's start in two days

I haven't revised in 3 days because of this event
they dont matter unless you want to go to oxbridge/need them for sixth form

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
We've had events involving time travel and an eldritch horror I don't think an experimental AI is by any means stretching anything.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
i had to dip out unexpectedly because of some irl shit that cropped up, but the gist of it was SUPPOSED to be more ammo, weapons, and medical supplies for cops because they don't have them in the vendors and have no easy way of being resupplied

was designed as a "go out and risk some health and armor damage and maybe even one of you dies to antlions" thing, but again because i had to dip out, i did the best i could to compensate by passing it off to baker, which was the real root cause of the miscommunications and shit