News THERMOGENESIS

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Ammo is meant to be scarce, not making it a common thing.
Well making it scarce in a place like this makes no sense

1. You go out for events
  2. You kill antlions to stay safe
  3. You spend ammo to kill antlions
  4. The event does not give more ammo (down to regulations saying nah)

Repeat the above and eventually you have everyone out of ammo and nobody wanting to do events, as they know they won't get the one thing they need.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Well making it scarce in a place like this makes no sense

1. You go out for events
  2. You kill antlions to stay safe
  3. You spend ammo to kill antlions
  4. The event does not give more ammo (down to regulations saying nah)

Repeat the above and eventually you have everyone out of ammo and nobody wanting to do events, as they know they won't get the one thing they need.
Antlion spawners can be turned off
[doublepost=1557693132][/doublepost]
I dont remember anyone telling me they were dropping off some scripts.
Unless it was kafes thing
It was for cops p sure

Reactions: List

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
The event in question wasn't meant to be an S2K event for the record. It was just some supplies that went off-course.

Rebels literally went "lets kill them" (to quote the logs I saw when I watched them peeking) when they saw cops in the distance, ran at them and the two sides exchanged shots cause the cops couldn't break off without being beamed or shot up and if not for the turrets nearby would have died.
Oh, well If that happened it sounds it was bit deserved.

I never heard of any supply drops happening however unless I missed a message.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Antlion spawners can be turned off
Yes but the event team keeps turning them on without asking, that and the antlions seem to linger there after the spawners are off, meaning there's still antlions around most of the time.

What's the point in making ammo scarce anyways? It doesn't make people think about when they shoot, as it's a non-option. Either you shoot, or you don't shoot, then die to the NPC and lose your gun + all your ammo.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
The event in question wasn't meant to be an S2K event for the record. It was just some supplies that went off-course.

Rebels literally went "lets kill them" (to quote the logs I saw when I watched them peeking) when they saw cops in the distance, ran at them and the two sides exchanged shots cause the cops couldn't break off without being beamed or shot up and if not for the turrets nearby would have died.
Sounds like a brother moment to me.

Was the event meant for both sides, or was it moreso a player choice thing? Just trying to figure out what even happened there.

E: Nvm, thanks BQ for the clarification!

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae

Was the event meant for both sides, or was it moreso a player choice thing? Just trying to figure out what even happened there.
I may be wrong, but I think I was there before rebels went off
There was the /event there's an airdrop by union turrets(clearly for unionists)
The sentient computer told rebels it could "sense" (lol?) the airdrop nearby, told them to go grab it
I wasn't there for what happened afterwards

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Moreso player choice, yeah.

Cops got there first, rebels saw them and decided to rush them to kill them, got pinned when they realised the cops had set up some support while they extracted supplies but the Vort killed one of the cops and eventually the rebels hunkered down and the cops took the time (after repeatedly being told) to pull back.

The sentient computer told rebels it could "sense" (lol?) the airdrop nearby, told them to go grab it
I wasn't there for what happened afterwards
Yeah, the backup arrived too late to impact anything. It was the folks at the camp entrance who saw the cops and pushed in to kill them.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
Wait, what.
SCP-079 said "there's an airdrop nearby, go get it" or something to that effect. Guessing that's why most of the rebels left the cave to go get it. I disconnected to eat my dinner and then I get messaged about an S2K event a while afterwards.

Just seems like a case of miscommunication, the event was clearly a supply drop for CPs with the turrets.

Seriously lowkey though, please arm rebels, please this is a perfect opportunity, expeditions with the old /roll system would truly be epic.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Ammo is meant to be scarce, not making it a common thing.

This is something that I never got, and NO one in the playerbase understands.

yes, I completely understand the intention and the dynamic you’re creating. But this whole ‘lack of ammo’ ordeal doesn’t work for several reasons.

There’s issues with limiting people’s inventory slot, AND making ammo exceedingly rare, AND inadvertently NPCs hit registration is god awful as they fly and jitter around and making you spend more then what’s necessary to deal with them.

And the fact for the ammo of PVP instead of PVE, it’s completely one sided as characters with armor are bullet sponges, taking half a mag of an mp7 and that of a USP-M to drop dead, it’s no surprise more rebels have guns than rounds, and that’s union forces can completely circumvent this and outpace the forces against them with round spam and mag dumps with also, no repercussions on their deaths.

Adding to the fact that outside of these events theres hardly anyway to get ammo, other then the blue moon chance you find casings, primers, gunpowder and an amp box that you probably erased from your conts as it takes inventory space unnecessarily, well... I digress.

This metro-tier ammo system might seem good, and hell it might invoke people to s2k less without ammo, maybe these are your intentions and I think they’re honestly good efforts.

But these just cause undue and unnecessary complications on the enjoyment of the event, and for the most part portraying a rebel seriously in this timeline at all.

I hope you have a nice mothers day, Blackquill, I can’t rant post as I’m with my grandmother and I’m having a good time. I hope you see my ammo criticisms validly and take them to account that I voice more then myself in these instances, I feel the struggle of many rebels who aren’t as fortunate to been blessed with ammo intuition.

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
The computer was a throwback from the prequel event from before the Portal Storms, I think. Not too sure on it.
Yes, HORIZON.

Just seems like a case of miscommunication, the event was clearly a supply drop for CPs with the turret
what happened was a bunch of miscommunication occurred and it was assumed that rebels were also supposed to be contesting it

there was no other means of corralling you out of the cave so i just went "sentient computer says so, go" and left it up to you whether you would leave for it or not.

this is a perfect opportunity, expeditions with the old /roll system would truly be epic.
all in due time

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what happened was a bunch of miscommunication occurred and it was assumed that rebels were also supposed to be contesting it

there was no other means of corralling you out of the cave so i just went "sentient computer says so, go" and left it up to you whether you would leave for it or not.
Tbh you weren't the problem, the rebels topside had already pushed up to kill the cops before you ever sent the rest of 'em out.