News Three years already? What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae

Hello everyone, so!

Today is the 26th of April. It marks the 3rd year of nebulous' existance.

Three whole years since the LP fiasco and the decision to start our own community. For the 2nd year, I ended up creating a video showcasing the two years in summary - so for the 3rd year we're going to do something a little different.

Let me be the first to say, It has been quite the journey from point A to point B. The highs we've achieved and the various obstacles we've had to overcome during the tenure won't be forgotten. I'd also like to say, whether you actively play our servers or simply lurk on the forums these days- I'm very glad to see the majority of people who were with us at the start still around today. Despite how heated and volatile situations can get sometimes, I'm overall glad to still be here and I hope you are too.

Speaking personally - I've met some great people during my tenure doing this. People who I consider to be great friends. That, to me is what communities like neb have always been about, bringing people together and the fun times along the way.

Community Update:
Anyway enough fluff time for what you really wanna see: As I'm sure you've all guessed, the thread wouldn't come without some announcements - headstaff, @Zak and general hl2rp staff have been working on a bunch of things, some of which we'd like to share some information on:
  • First of all, something that @Zak has shown off: The next 110 slot event for hl2rp. More information about that can be found here: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/thermogenesis.40657/ with more news on the way
  • @alex and @`impulse are working on an upgrade to the forums, it's coming along quite well and everyone will be notified when the upgrade will be put into effect.
  • On top of that - we're going to be looking at avenues for other projects in nebulous, while many people are waiting with anticipation for more news about the possiblity of another server; I'll say we will be getting more news out in the future as we continue to look at options and work however we're working on other things.
  • HL2RP will also undergo some reforms and changes in the close future, as SD I'll be working closely with my staff team and the threads in the bugs/suggestions board to hopefully deliver some satisfying changes
  • We have some other unannounced things that will be revealed in due time. We're trying to keep some things a surprise
  • The Blackquill A.I has been reworked with a new patch
So that's your lot! Thank you for your continued support in the community, whether you're just an ordinary player/forum goer - a premium member, developer/media developer, staff member or moderator.

To repeat something that was used for a thread title around the beginning of nebulous: On behalf of nebulous, thank you!

2IIL308mV_EG7HlDK0i92t1fh93a2vxbT0rmbKzxSjrqg2-Gg2cJl7cTdlfXIGE6hB1Bkf3Kgyhrh68RT9EooTKS-rzcSRYBJDXIwXPFrJyLKxklApfg-gg9jWXHN0Y5u9kHGrvR

Please focus more on citizen rp. While veterans of the community are fine and having fun on the server, new players dont really have access to a whole lot to do, and therefore get bored and leave. Please fix this issue!

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
experiment sucks
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of machete spawncamping.
But yeah, Experiment had some glaring issues, such as being so heavily designed towards group-play. The only benefit of soloplay was that you didn't risk getting involved with in-group drama, aaaand that's it. And people kept defending the group playstyle like
maxresdefault.jpg

"Do you guys not have any friends?"

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of machete spawncamping.
But yeah, Experiment had some glaring issues, such as being so heavily designed towards group-play. The only benefit of soloplay was that you didn't risk getting involved with in-group drama, aaaand that's it. And people kept defending the group playstyle like
maxresdefault.jpg

"Do you guys not have any friends?"
If you think group playstyle was an issue, or that it was 'unfair' or that it 'needed fixing' you don't understand experiment and aren't ready to play it either.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i mean the only gay part of experiment was that one perk that let you not leave your base to bank shit cause it banked it automatically. without that perk it would have been alright

Status
Not open for further replies.