Is this a good or bad thing?

• Good

• Bad

• It depends

Results are only viewable after voting.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
It's happening the 20th of may, to of course where I live. So, to piss off @Dallas by discussing more political matters, lets discuss.

Is it a good idea for trump to come with the NRA?

My answer is no, obviously. We already have massive gun violence problem. We don't need this.

Reactions: List

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
linking gun violence with the nra? maybe you should check out the mentally ill
and i doubt, with the statement you given, that you ever owned a gun or even handled one before?

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
and i doubt, with the statement you given, that you ever owned a gun or even handled one before?
it's too easy to purchase a weapon, that's his point I think

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
No, I have not.

I am not necessarily linking gun violence with the NRA. Its more of the...atmosphere. The west end of Louisville has had a ton of gun violence lately, more than normal (if there is such a thing). I just dont believe it is the proper time or place for it. The were undoubtedly be protests, and since people are allowed to bring guns to some areas of the convention, it could become violent.

Its just my opinion, you dont have to agree with it.
[doublepost=1463688944][/doublepost]
it's too easy to purchase a weapon, that's his point I think
Yes, that is another factor.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
I'm all for being allowed to own a weapon, if you meet the following conditions:
  1. must not have any criminal record whatsoever (undergo intense background check)
  2. must not have any recorded mental instability (undergo intense background check)
  3. must pass a weapon safety & handling course
  4. cannot purchase automatic weaponry
  5. must transport weaponry in designated carrying case (no concealed or open carry)
  6. Must follow a four week waiting period before weapon can be purchased

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
I'm all for being allowed to own a weapon, if you meet the following conditions:
  1. must not have any criminal record whatsoever (undergo intense background check)
  2. must not have any recorded mental instability (undergo intense background check)
  3. must pass a weapon safety & handling course
  4. cannot purchase automatic weaponry
  5. must transport weaponry in designated carrying case (no concealed or open carry)
  6. Must follow a four week waiting period before weapon can be purchased
Most of that is a good idea. Perhaps 5 and 6 could use a bit of tweaking, I believe CONCEALED carrying is OK, but yes you understand.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Guns don't kill people, the people using them kill people. It's the mentally ill that run rampant and untreated that seem to be causing problems. In regards to gun laws, the most there should be are extensive background checks and the limiting of certain firearms.(Ie explosive launchers)

These silly laws of saying your gun may not have a detachable magazine if its over ten rounds and other minor things won't stop these shootings.
These mentally ill people are still able to obtain illegal firearms and these laws won't stop them; only irritate law abiding citizens.

@NightSky57 seeing you live in Kentucky, you should really take a basic NRA pistol course. They teach you a ton about gun culture and really let you see the other side of the picture.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
NRA has done fuck tons to promote gun safety and responsible ownership. Autistic people demonize them as some nutty crazies, but realistically, they're civil rights activists just the same as the other organizations that lobby for human rights.

Trump bringing the NRA only puts off those already not voting for trump and improves support from independents and his targeted group.

People need to understand that the majority of Americans realize it's stupid to lobby for less rights of the individual, those who don't are fascists who want to impose laws on others that don't apply to them because they don't want others to have the right.

By now, anyone who doesn't realize the after effects of banning/confiscating/restricting law abiding citizens from self-defense, ends up with a criminal base with free reign to terrorize and rob the defenseless law-abiding citizens.

But doing that would require amending the constitution which will never happen.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
NRA has done fuck tons to promote gun safety and responsible ownership. Autistic people demonize them as some nutty crazies, but realistically, they're civil rights activists just the same as the other organizations that lobby for human rights.

Trump bringing the NRA only puts off those already not voting for trump and improves support from independents and his targeted group.

People need to understand that the majority of Americans realize it's stupid to lobby for less rights of the individual, those who don't are fascists who want to impose laws on others that don't apply to them because they don't want others to have the right.

By now, anyone who doesn't realize the after effects of banning/confiscating/restricting law abiding citizens from self-defense, ends up with a criminal base with free reign to terrorize and rob the defenseless law-abiding citizens.

But doing that would require amending the constitution which will never happen.
NRA is the pinnacle of gun legitimacy, they do plenty of training around the country as well as do all types of PSAs. Took a pistol course once, was very enjoyable and informative.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Guns don't kill people, the people using them kill people. It's the mentally ill that run rampant and untreated that seem to be causing problems. In regards to gun laws, the most there should be are extensive background checks and the limiting of certain firearms.(Ie explosive launchers)

These silly laws of saying your gun may not have a detachable magazine if its over ten rounds and other minor things won't stop these shootings.
These mentally ill people are still able to obtain illegal firearms and these laws won't stop them; only irritate law abiding citizens.

@NightSky57 seeing you live in Kentucky, you should really take a basic NRA pistol course. They teach you a ton about gun culture and really let you see the other side of the picture.
Perhaps I will some day, Its always good to see the other side.

All I am trying to say is dont have the convention here. Just do it somewhere else.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
the convention won't bring any harm to the area and improve his support. they have the right to host it there.
I'm not to sure on that.

Yes, Kentucky is an EXTREMELY conseritive, but I believe that the actual city of Louisville might be more liberal. Things could happen.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
I'm not to sure on that.

Yes, Kentucky is an EXTREMELY conseritive, but I believe that the actual city of Louisville might be more liberal. Things could happen.
if violence does happen, it will most likely be from any protesters and then they are the ones at fault. Peaceful protesting is fine, violent ones are not.

Other than that, it's just a rally which is part of our freedoms. And I doubt anyone is going react with violence, NRA is respected down there, even in liberal towns.

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
if violence does happen, it will most likely be from any protesters and then they are the ones at fault. Peaceful protesting is fine, violent ones are not.

Other than that, it's just a rally which is part of our freedoms. And I doubt anyone is going react with violence, NRA is respected down there, even in liberal towns.
I would not say that putting restricions on guns is restricting are freedom.

You still get guns, yes? There is your 292nd amendment right there.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Things could happen.

If anything happens it'll be some Bernie Sanders cock suckers that just show up and staget shit to try and hurt the Trump campaign.
[doublepost=1463706953][/doublepost]
I would not say that putting restricions on guns is restricting are freedom

You don't seem to understand the second amendent then.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
I would not say that putting restricions on guns is restricting are freedom.

You still get guns, yes? There is your 292nd amendment right there.
clearly you never handled any affairs in regards to firearms.
it will infringe on the second amendment, the right to bear arms, when all these gun laws constantly take away from the legal citizen. a ton of gun crimes happen through illegal firearms, which laws do nothing about. And if a criminal is already breaking a law, they won't mind breaking a gun law.

also here is the mind of some of the disabled minded trying to impose gun laws.