Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
These are not warnings following actions, these describe a situation moving into a map or territory. Or at minimum they arent the way I suggest them if we were to ever redo a similair system.

"You've been sweeping a lot recently with significant loss, we're losing the ability to keep this supplied. We recommend you try to be defensive for the next week otherwise we'll be limited in what you can be supplied with"

im pretty sure something of this kind was consistently communicated IC and OOC in some manner, i know i frequently spoke to faction leaders about it so at the very least they could pass it down and make it policy

beyond that, if i have to strain myself to make everything as explicit as it reasonably can be (without outright spoonfeeding) , and its still not enough, maybe its just a matter of using your brain? maybe going to a different environment with a different premise that goes far as to limit your supplies means the setting is trying to tell you something

if you look at all that and go "we go again!!!" then that's the point where the problem is out of my hands

I refer to my sources and speaking, most of which I speak to often and find to be credible. If there is a continued disagreement by both sides regarding the nature of it perhaps it's not worth bringing up as an argument. Perhaps for the sake of clarity, you can provide which rank-leaders were informed as I'm working with a he-said-she-said basis outside of my own experience (which is not a RL experience).

and im not referring to you specifically in that last ime, but i am referring to some of those sources who actively took part in trying to undermine SC; some of them had their IC reasons, and those reasons were valid, but that doesn't mean they aren't accountable for ultimately impairing the line of communications between the city's leadership and civil protection (and losing combine by the battle by extension). that's not necessarily a 'bad' thing, it's a good story, but for these people to then go out of their way to blame the storytellers for adapting to their actions (giving you the thing you seek; impact - which isn't always in favor of you) is dishonest at best

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
ytGmwrt.png

gordon.... do u see this gun gordon....

these are war profiteers gordon.... son of a heckler and his unforseen kochsequences.....

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
ytGmwrt.png

gordon.... do u see this gun gordon....

these are war profiteers gordon.... son of a heckler and his unforseen kochsequences.....
when will our savior john falafel return, he died for our sins

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
sorry kid.... investor decision.... unless we use heckler and cock style weapons... our funding is going to be pulled.... theyve got probes in every bodycam on every combine soldier.... gopro sponsors made sure of that.....

time... mister heckler? is it really that cock again....

it's always the germans starting shit istg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
other hundred urban centres around Earth are still willing to fabricate and supply our resources
you mean the other hundred that are actively under siege or are actively in a civil war ala grozny?

geneva was pretty much the last organized state that wasn't actively fighting before the mapswitch; now virtually every city is in a fight for survival

i dont necessarily want cops barred from nonstandard weapons IC
you should talk to civpro leads because for all intents and purposes they are outside of petitioning RL's

which is batshit insane because you and I both know barely anyone will be granted that ability & RL's are going to go back to hoarding supply in their terminal again

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
RL's are going to go back to hoarding supply in their terminal again
The supply terminal (should be based on what I heard) limited to like 20 of most guns. It's definitely not extremely now or nothing but I imagine that non-standard weapons can quickly overflow.

E: Eating my words, I checked and they are not limited 20 (though they are ofc stock a.k.a it's only storage in the form of a vendor). Suppose I was acting on old information

Last edited:

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I don’t know where the misconception of “YOU MUST ONLY USE HECKLER AND COCK. YOU MUST SATISFY OUR SHAREHOLDERS” from city rp is coming from
You want a foreign gun, ask an RL. Will they give it to you? That's a different question.

We brought back HK-only as standard-issue because it's cool, fuck AKs

The seizure carried out at the beginning of ineu happened to filter out the vendor-spawned AKs and shit

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
this most likely won't change but im back with the 100000th complaint that stuff still happens late at night/early morning for some reason instead of a bit earlier

why do you mfs do the cool shit only at 2 am 💀

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
it's really frustrating having internalized complaints of the cp faction not really having any interaction with the wider resistance outside of s2k only to be met with s2k as soon as we leave the agora neutral zone after we tried to come into the town to roleplay

edit: shoutout to whoever plays Rasvan Vasilescu for pickpocketing me while i was agora, realest roleplayer in town

Last edited:

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Something something rank leaders are not average cops.

This should stop though.
Not a single RL in sight when we went today. 3 75's and 3 25's. I KNEW that when they started just gathering nearby that they were going to try something so I just fucking booked it to our base.

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
I don't know what this is referring to- but from my perspective of just running and grinding stamina, suddenly getting mogged by three OTA isn't exactly what I was expecting from a place we had just recaptured the other day

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I don't know what this is referring to- but from my perspective of just running and grinding stamina, suddenly getting mogged by three OTA isn't exactly what I was expecting from a place we had just recaptured the other day
I wouldn't call it sudden considering you radio'd our location while one of us was right next to you then ran off and only then got shot

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
I wouldn't call it sudden considering you radio'd our location while one of us was right next to you then ran off and only then got shot
do you not expect me to radio in seeing OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.