Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
there seriously needs to be less restriction on accessing the more high-end (even pulse) guns, it really makes 0 sense to implement a 'i have more guns than you. im more cool and powerful.' type of economy control in a setting where conflict with either faction happens almost everyday and there's always bound to be casualties on either side
While I'm uncertain as what happened/is happening with this outside of the Romanian state getting a bit more involved yesterday with a supply station, I believed in part the merchant system was supposed to solve this.

My perspective on the issue/balance between the factions is that by and large:

The combine side should have an easier time maintaining medium-end weapons (think Mp7) and an easy time acquiring them, it is effectively their baseline but it's hard to gain or maintain higher-end weapons excluding 'pulse' weaponry for the appropriate soldiers.

The rebel side should have a lower baseline, they might not be able to maintain a strong or consistent supply of medium/high-end weaponry but they do have an easier time getting access to them and their ammo (and thus an easier time maintaining high-end weapons). Of-course outside of pulse weaponry due to it's nature.

E: of-course, I'm not going to act like I have any clue how to achieve this outside of vendors (in a capable of storing large amounts of guns way) or various new systems/automation being put in place to make it less staff-reliant.

also someone PLEASE start regulating propbuilds s2k with 7 fps is not fun, the performance on this map so far is starting to get close to depot levels of bad w/e you look in the general direction of any place with props
I'll definitely dive into this again. I usually take at least a moment out of every day to check. I'll put up some signs in some places that might've been abandoned/prop-heavy if I find them with some time to contact me if the place is still occupied/used and begin optimizing in some places prop wise

Reactions: List

rob

Nebulae
I genuinely think it would be a good idea if we trialed the map with little to no props

Call me crazy, but it's not been tried, so why not give it a shot?

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I genuinely think it would be a good idea if we trialed the map with little to no props

Call me crazy, but it's not been tried, so why not give it a shot?
Some things will require propping, it's inevitable, but on a map like this we don't need too many props. Walls, sure, something inside, but not too much

rob

Nebulae
Some things will require propping, it's inevitable, but on a map like this we don't need too many props. Walls, sure, something inside, but not too much
I'm all for freedom for the players, but when 1 person is spending several hours building their own little squabble

Think of what happens when we all start doing it?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Btw on an unrelated note.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that the way AirWatch works this map is that if Rebels hit it (A.k.a dropship or hunter chopper) with an RPG it's gonna be out of the game for ~24H?

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
what was up with limiting cops to h&k trash

it's the uprising, people are squabbling for resources, why on earth would you restrict coppers using weapons unless they came from a specific factory
I am certain those other hundred urban centres around Earth are still willing to fabricate and supply our resources alongside its most trusted munitions partner; Heckler & Hoch. Stop trying to treat the Combine faction like they are a bunch of disorganised vagrants.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I am certain those other hundred urban centres around Earth are still willing to fabricate and supply our resources alongside its most trusted munitions partner; Heckler & Hoch. Stop trying to treat the Combine faction like they are a bunch of disorganised vagrants.
well empires can produce a vast amount of supplies, but logistics is what kills them. i think the issue isn't us being able to produce the supplies it's recieving them that's the issue.

sure, they're not disorganized, but it's not unheard of to create our own munitions and use other guns such as AKs and shit that's commonly found

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
well empires can produce a vast amount of supplies, but logistics is what kills them. i think the issue isn't us being able to produce the supplies it's recieving them that's the issue.

sure, they're not disorganized, but it's not unheard of to create our own munitions and use other guns such as AKs and shit that's commonly found
It has been declared by Dr. Breen himself prior at the end of Boreas that the establishment of logistics for our garrison was a priority. Which is the same reason why we are able to reliably have rations on this map. This logic cannot be applied on this map.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
It has been declared by Dr. Breen himself prior at the end of Boreas that the establishment of logistics for our garrison was a priority. Which is the same reason why we are able to reliably have rations on this map. This logic cannot be applied on this map.
a declaration is done by many. the enemy (in this case the resistance since we're talking about the cops) has a say in the fight too. just because someone says something it does not mean it must hold true because it is the word of a leader. leaders worldwide declare things and do the opposite.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

it's the uprising, people are squabbling for resources, why on earth would you restrict coppers using weapons unless they came from a specific factory
sorry kid.... investor decision.... unless we use heckler and cock style weapons... our funding is going to be pulled.... theyve got probes in every bodycam on every combine soldier.... gopro sponsors made sure of that.....

time... mister heckler? is it really that cock again....

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sorry kid.... investor decision.... unless we use heckler and cock style weapons... our funding is going to be pulled.... theyve got probes in every bodycam on every combine soldier.... gopro sponsors made sure of that.....

time... mister heckler? is it really that cock again....
Heckler & Koch are the Rothschilds of the Combine world

Nebulae
Btw on an unrelated note.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that the way AirWatch works this map is that if Rebels hit it (A.k.a dropship or hunter chopper) with an RPG it's gonna be out of the game for ~24H?

yE2k2G.gif

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
i found it really funny when a fucking assault team dropped on top of me and tatsuo just to kill us and then leave

summary of events from a third party @rob :
image.png

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Nebulae

that was my call

i basically just wanted them to rely on agora for weapons outside of their "primary contractor" (the good soviet shit, AKs, etc.) and use scavenged weapons from rebels to trade it in

im not sure to what degree that 'restriction' is being reinforced, i dont necessarily want cops barred from nonstandard weapons IC; in fact, i want them to use the prospect of acquiring them via trade to equalize themselves with the rebels. this should be the golden age for it since before those guns couldn't be used due to lack of ammo; now you can hand in your excess and acquire just that

the only 'restriction' that i specifically made the call on was limiting all the foreign asset guns to 20 or so per type so you couldn't crash the merchant system by dumping it all into the town

also figured itd be cool to represent different types of 'production' - rebels are getting all their guns from the romanian government which sits on a huge pile of soviet weaponry as opposed to the produce of a german manufacturing company; there will be a way for rebels to keep getting MP7s and the like anyway but its smth i'm saving for a little later

Nebulae
dropship shouldn't be used for active assaults or heavily restricted in doing so until the sound is actually fixed imo

i only intended it to go back and forth from airwatch base, nothing more

i didn't even mention chopper use

Status
Not open for further replies.