Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Map's been a little disappointing so far.

The introduction, and getting to know the base for Combine was fun.

After that? People couldn't resist shooting each other for 5 minutes. People inside Agora who were just RPing got shot.

Any RP that was ongoing was completely scuttled. A really big fucking shame.

Sort your shit out.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
After that? People couldn't resist shooting each other for 5 minutes. People inside Agora who were just RPing got shot.
On this, Cops/OTA went out to get a general bearing on surroundings. Only to unironically run into people 5 seconds in.

It's bound to happen if both sides can explore freely, To add onto:

Neither Agora nor Emergent town are/is an OOC protected zone. The main base ('The checkpoint' near the dam) is an OOC protected zone, where for cops it's the bunker.

If you want to RP without risk (or at-least a significant decrease in risk) of engagement, those are the best areas to do so right now.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
On this, Cops/OTA went out to get a general bearing on surroundings. Only to unironically run into people 5 seconds in.

It's bound to happen if both sides can explore freely, To add onto:

Neither Agora nor Emergent town are/is an OOC protected zone. The main base ('The checkpoint' near the dam) is an OOC protected zone, where for cops it's the bunker.

If you want to RP without risk (or at-least a significant decrease in risk) of engagement, those are the best areas to do so right now.
the rebel safe zone has like 0 buildings its flat grass

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
yeah fuck lag and prop limits limeao
I think it'd be better if you build some/most of your stuff over there, so that the props overall are less centralized and thus improving performance by a portion.

Also just to make clear, I'm not against you guys trying to settle down into the trading town. But it's (going to be) a point of contention this map without the OOC protections the rebel main-base has. The base locations were chosen so that combine and rebels are more or less out of each others way unless they choose to go out of their main base and interact with the world.

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
E: if this is the issue, buildings will be set up by me now.
OHHgNu8.png

Buildings only need a door and whatever interior you wish for. I might build more in the future but this should be enough to facilitate some general RP in warm safety of the checkpoint walls.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There are premade shacks and houses too that severely reduce the prop count

Alternatively, make a singular place for everyone to crash at, hopefully nobody will re-enact the couch incident

Still can't believe Attila was Polish all along

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
take what im about to say with a pinch of salt (i also speak for the rebel side i have no idea what's happening on combine regarding this)

there seriously needs to be less restriction on accessing the more high-end (even pulse) guns and their ammo, it really makes 0 sense to implement a 'i have more guns than you. im more cool and powerful.' type of economy control in a setting where conflict with either faction happens almost everyday and there's always bound to be casualties on either side

having one side, whether combine or rebels, instantly overwhelming the other because the latter doesn't have said access to better weapons is getting very tedious, it makes combat unfun and discourages ppl from wanting to play when the other side is bound to win because they have better guns anyway. there really is no fear to let loose a bit on the economy control and let everyone have fun. we're gonna die and lose said stuff anyway because of how common shootouts are

also someone PLEASE start regulating propbuilds s2k with 7 fps is not fun, the performance on this map so far is starting to get close to depot levels of bad w/e you look in the general direction of any place with props

thanks

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what was up with limiting cops to h&k trash

it's the uprising, people are squabbling for resources, why on earth would you restrict coppers using weapons unless they came from a specific factory

Status
Not open for further replies.