Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
also want to quickly point out I'm not taking a stance on whatever it is you guys are discussing beyond the fact that it is possible to miss at close range. I do not know of the intricacies of the situation and I'm not really interested in getting into a debate.
even at close range you can flub your shots, especially in combat situations. stress and anxiety are real and they do have an effect on the body.

Summary:
Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because he was already dead.

Reactions: List

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
My faults aside. There's no excuse for you two to violate your given NLRs and terrorize the active NGs who had nothing to do with the situation.
Yes there is. There are many excuses for breaking server rules, such as: "It is funny." They may not exempt you from punishment, but there's no sense in taking it personal.

Varife

Neutrino
Nebulae
[20:23:33] [LOOC] 'Elvis': roll?
[20:23:34] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: nlr btw
[20:23:41] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: Not gonna respond tho?
[20:24:09] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: I'll just shoot if that's fine
[20:24:23] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: I'll give ya 3 seconds
[20:24:37] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: okdoki...
[20:24:39] 'Elvis' has taken 42 damage from LCpl. Elijah Bell.
[20:24:39] 'Elvis' died at location: 5760.551758 8031.596680 120.031250.
[20:24:39] LCpl. Elijah Bell has killed 'Elvis' with ix_vpo.
[20:24:39] LCpl. Elijah Bell has begun shooting with a Vepr KM/VPO-136.
[20:25:15] 'Elvis' used command '/Help potential rdm not sure?'.

i waited over 2 minutes for a response.
Ngl, I shouldn't paid attention of Elvis's question but the point still stands.
hmm interesting... You didnt say anything

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
hmm interesting... You didnt say anything
5UO6sdA.png

you were either too far away or that you had LOOC disabled. Either way, I'm done responding to this nonsense.

Last edited:

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
How would it not hit you when the muzzle is aimed at your head from a mere 5 (at most) metres?
There are a lot of ways, you either overestimate when the recoil comes of a weapon and you pull into a direction just before you fire, or shoot slightly left/right/above/between the person

I will not break open this can of worms but it happens IRL too

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
This map is starting to take a toll on me. Not only do people always start showing up on the server by the time it's midnight for me, which is doing hell for my sleeping schedule, I literally cannot find them. I stuck around last night under the assumption something was going to happen through word of mouth - and seeing that there had to have been anywhere from 20 to 30 people visible on the scoreboard. Did I actually come across those characters with my own eyes? I sure as hell did not. I keep doing laps around the map trying to find people, only to ever see maybe 2-5 people total. At this point I need to start breaking character and asking in radio where everybody's hiding - not that I expect anything out of it, when I already get next to no reaction with idle radio quips.

tl;dr: Bunch of things. High playercounts at late hours, inability to actually find people during those hours, then hearing rumors smth was going to be different last night, only for nothing to be different last night from my PoV.

rob

Nebulae
This map is starting to take a toll on me. Not only do people always start showing up on the server by the time it's midnight for me, which is doing hell for my sleeping schedule, I literally cannot find them. I stuck around last night under the assumption something was going to happen through word of mouth - and seeing that there had to have been anywhere from 20 to 30 people visible on the scoreboard. Did I actually come across those characters with my own eyes? I sure as hell did not. I keep doing laps around the map trying to find people, only to ever see maybe 2-5 people total. At this point I need to start breaking character and asking in radio where everybody's hiding - not that I expect anything out of it, when I already get next to no reaction with idle radio quips.

tl;dr: Bunch of things. High playercounts at late hours, inability to actually find people during those hours, then hearing rumors smth was going to be different last night, only for nothing to be different last night from my PoV.
I think most people are just indoors

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I think most people are just indoors
Yeah, but indoors where? Only a handful of businesses ever seem open when I'm around, and the rest just have their staff standing diligently behind the counter. I always make sure to check places like Goldrush, Charlie's and Gateway, but no dice.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

barbie dollhouse gameplay

rob

Nebulae
Yeah, but indoors where? Only a handful of businesses ever seem open when I'm around, and the rest just have their staff standing diligently behind the counter. I always make sure to check places like Goldrush, Charlie's and Gateway, but no dice.
uh... then I have no idea

but I'll make sure I'm always there on the map for you Tinbe

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Why do people seem so insistent on wearing their gear out so openly? I basically never wear my vest and gun out unless it's for a specific thing, because I'm always concerned I get murked by a random burst of s2k, thus causing me to lose all of my armor as well as gun and ammo.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Why do people seem so insistent on wearing their gear out so openly? I basically never wear my vest and gun out unless it's for a specific thing, because I'm always concerned I get murked by a random burst of s2k, thus causing me to lose all of my armor as well as gun and ammo.
Overhyped for combat, usually. Eager to flaunt status symbols, etc.

Really dunno why people keep doing it (outside of not having the inventory space to store it) when it's been proven all it does is make you a target.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Overhyped for combat
It feels counterproductive in all honestly. Most rebels aren't going to be roaming the map in large squads, so what use is it having all your shit equipped when you stumble into a full-on patrol of cops, OTA or even guardsmen? You get instantly wiped, or worse, you're coerced into surrendering (which thankfully probably isn't a guaranteed slow PK anymore), because fighting back may put you at PK risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.