Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
@Maytree is there a reason you had to go on a rampage against the two vorts while yelling 'FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK'

like I can understand what you were trying to do but that didn't make it or the one-liner /me any good

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
@Maytree is there a reason you had to go on a rampage against the two vorts while yelling 'FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK'

like I can understand what you were trying to do but that didn't make it or the one-liner /me any good
I didn't save any logs, but I'll explain the whole scenario.

The Vortigaunt with the cart kept blocking the road several times for the past few days. Minutes before the incident occurred, the Vortigaunt blocked the road with the cart again, and the Sarg gave us a heads up that he'd run the cart over it blocks the road again. The Vort came back with the cart again one patrol later.

I *did* write a few emotes of my NG running the cart over. As for shooting the Vortigaunt when it gone aggressive, I was order to. I made two prepare emotes before shooting the character. The Vortigaunt didn't respond, and I kept asking him to do so in LOOC, for a full minute. I'll warn the player that it'll shoot them in OOC again, to which no response and to me proceeding forth with carrying the NLR Death. As for bashing the car and threatening to run the other Vortigaunt over, all of that was also emoted.

I also like to add further note that the two Vortigaunts broke their NLR and sniped us in the middle of RP (refueling the Humvee) and kept engaging us since then. We'd appreciate if you could come up to us in private without making a forum callout post. My DMs are still up if you want to take this to discord and have all that resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I *did* write a few emotes of my NG running the cart over.
You got logs? Because I was there and all I saw (in /me range, so there could be more was this one):

*** [Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] taps on the window "You hit my cart."
[An alien creature standing above the ...] says something in Vortigese.
*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] continues pressing the wheel, seeking to tip the cart over and destroy *all* of the electronics!
[Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] says something in Vortigese.
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] glances around the situation, putting their attention on the police car.
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "THERE! NO MUSIC FOR YOU."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "NOW FUCK OFF!"

As for shooting the Vortigaunt itself after it sounded out death-threats, I made two prepare emotes before shooting the character.
Again, still in /me range, all I have are these:

*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] steps out the car, aiming his weapon at the Vortigaunt.
[An alien creature standing above the ...] says "This insolence, must end."
[An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "Blood should not be spilled here, humans."
*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] wasted no time. He fire's a bullet to the Vortigaunt's head, piercing it through his eye and exiting the back of its skull.

Keep in mind one's pleading for the situation to be resolved without bloodshed. You can say you sent PM's, LOOC, but if I can get the /me's (and see no LOOC, talking, etc) to me it's looking quite like casual murder and the next bit didn't help, especially when it's delivered soon after the other.

As for bashing the car and threatening to run the other Vortigaunt over, all of that was also emoted.
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] stares down at their now dead kin, they kneel to them and begin speaking in a language you cannot comprehend.
[A young national guardsman wearing a ...] says on radio: "Unknown."
***** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] took out his Baton. He rushes through the electronics, bashing it with his stick in a rageful fit!
*** [A middle-aged man, brown-eyed with ma...] lowers their weapon.
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK."
***** smash smash!

[A middle-aged man, brown-eyed with ma...] says "Could've at least done it away from the civilian."
*** ['Big Dog' - The National Guard's Resi...] puts a hand on Bell's shoulder
['Big Dog' - The National Guard's Resi...] says "Eh, is bit much now."
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] stands back up and turns their attention to the slayer of their kin.
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] says on radio: "--Done. Lets get back to the IZ."

[A young national guardsman wearing a ...] says "Christ.."
[An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "For what purpose?"
[A young national guardsman wearing a ...] says "Lets go."
*** [Wide statesman.] meekly enters the streetcar, avoidant of any direct gaze from a vortigaunt.
[A young national guardsman wearing a ...] says "C'mon cujo."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "Failure to vacate, loitering, and threatening to kill an officer!"
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] stands in the middle of the road.
[Middle-aged soldier, forged in the fl...] yells "Your friend was getting aggressive."
[Middle-aged soldier, forged in the fl...] yells "This is what happens when you get aggressive."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "MOVE! OR I'll RUN YOU OVER!"
*** [An average guy w...] stares ahead, wondering if the officer is going to just plow into the remaining vort.
[An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "This leads to no good, our kin will grow more enraged now."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "THREE."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "TWO."

[An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "Fools."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "ONE! THATS IT!"
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] walks out of the way.

Keep in mind, I'm close enough to hear you talk through that right up until you got back in the car. To me, it was incredibly barebones given the lethal consequences you dished out on the fly, even with the background you're giving me about the vort being a bit of a pest.

You had the opportunity to badger it for permits, to demand bribes, to maybe steal one of it's radios and demand some kind of payment. Instead, you plowed a car into the thing and went straight for the rifle then acted surprised that the one vortigaunt you failed to run over walked off... and came back to bolt you in the face for literally killing it's kin on the pavement?

Last edited:
Nebulae
I didn't save any logs, but I'll explain the whole scenario.

The Vortigaunt with the cart kept blocking the road several times for the past few days. Minutes before the incident occurred, the Vortigaunt blocked the road with the cart again, and the Sarg gave us a heads up that he'd run the cart over it blocks the road again. The Vort came back with the cart again one patrol later.

I *did* write a few emotes of my NG running the cart over. As for shooting the Vortigaunt when it gone aggressive, I was order to. I made two prepare emotes before shooting the character. The Vortigaunt didn't respond, and I kept asking him to do so in LOOC, for a full minute. I'll warn the player that it'll shoot them in OOC again, to which no response and to me proceeding forth with carrying the NLR Death. As for bashing the car and threatening to run the other Vortigaunt over, all of that was also emoted.

I also like to add further note that the two Vortigaunts broke their NLR and sniped us in the middle of RP (refueling the Humvee) and kept engaging us since then. We'd appreciate if you could come up to us in private without making a forum callout post. My DMs are still up if you want to take this to discord and have all that resolved.
That vort has caused trouble with and for the guard a few times being verbally warned not to continue coming by blaring his music and he has repatively done so despite being told not to and has shown hostility and been verbally/openly hostile towards the guard to the point where he has begun building somewhat of a negative reputation with us.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
You got logs? Because I was there and all I saw (in /me range, so there could be more was this one):

*** [Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] taps on the window "You hit my cart."
*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] continues pressing the wheel, seeking to tip the cart over and destroy *all* of the electronics!
[Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] says something in Vortigese.
*** [An alien creature standing above the ...] glances around the situation, putting their attention on the police car.
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "THERE! NO MUSIC FOR YOU."
[An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "NOW FUCK OFF!"

Again, still in /me range, all I have are these:

*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] steps out the car, aiming his weapon at the Vortigaunt.
[An alien creature standing above the ...] says "This insolence, must end."
[An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "Blood should not be spilled here, humans."
*** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] wasted no time. He fire's a bullet to the Vortigaunt's head, piercing it through his eye and exiting the back of its skull.

Keep in mind one's pleading for the situation to be resolved without bloodshed. You can say you sent PM's, LOOC, but if I can get the /me's (and see no LOOC, talking, etc) to me it's looking quite like casual murder and the next bit didn't help, especially when it's delivered soon after the other.
I'm gonna assume you forgot to include my LOOC messages during my kill emote by accident, and not deliberately trying to me paint me into a villain.

You had the opportunity to badger it for permits, to demand bribes, to maybe steal one of it's radios and demand some kind of pavement. Instead, you plowed a car into the thing and went straight for the rifle then acted surprised that the one vortigaunt you failed to run over walked off... and came back to bolt you in the face for literally killing it's kin on the pavement?
I'll also assume for the safeside that you didn't know we sniped the second Vortigaunt right after the cart incident, under the orders of our Sergeant for attempting to blast one of our own and entering the IZ.

Vort#1 DCed or switched character upon his death and hopped back on during the shootout. As for Vort#2 died for reasons listed above. Two of them came back and organized a full assault on the Police HQ by themselves, and ironic enough, with no proper emotes. We were also in the middle of repairing the Humvee through roleplay.

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'm gonna assume you forgot to include my LOOC messages during my kill emote by accident, and not deliberately on purpose.
I have helix logging on, there are no LOOC messages in them. Either I was out of range or there weren't any.

Considering you claim not to have yours:
I didn't save any logs
Does anyone else have the LOOC logs?

I'll also assume for the safeside that you didn't know we sniped the second Vortigaunt right after the cart incident, under the orders of our Sergeant for attempting to blast one of our own and entering the IZ.
My point remains that you created your own problem, not because it was interesting but because you wanted to run around playing 'man with a gun and a 'tude', because of how you did it, not why.

You had a plenthora of options. You had creativity. You threw that down all the toilet and went for a one-liner emote braining the thing then tried to run the other one over with the barest of words. What do you expect to happen from that? It surely doesn't drive thought.

to the point where he has begun building somewhat of a negative reputation with us.
Considering you and your squad literally tried running over another vort for the initial crime of just being there, it's no wonder the 'negative reputation' built up so fast.

You want to play hardball, want to act like thugs with power? Go for it, but do it fucking creatively, all this shit just makes you lot seem like weak-kneed idiots crying for equality when you get kicked off the see-saw. You created your own problem and then sat with the consequences.

We'd appreciate if you could come up to us in private without making a forum callout post.
If I have a severe problem, I'll contact your leads.

This is related to the attitude you showed today, as a character. Was it appropriate? I don't quite think so, but it's IC.
I'm "calling it out" because it's a prime example showing that what you do effects everything, given you are the face of the city's authority and lowering your standards just reflects poorly on that.

rob

Nebulae

Although I don't have much to add, being in the car with him, I must say there may have been a better way to handle the situation.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Considering you and your squad literally tried running over another vort for the initial crime of just being there, it's no wonder the 'negative reputation' built up so fast
Just wanna point out that the vort in question was given several warnings and ample time to move out of the way, as they were standing in the middle of the road in front of a car trying to get through. They didn't move.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm gonna assume you forgot to include my LOOC messages during my kill emote by accident, and not deliberately trying to me paint me into a villain.

Vort#1 DCed or switched character upon his death and hopped back on during the shootout. As for Vort#2 died for reasons listed above. Two of them came back and organized a full assault on the Police HQ by themselves, and ironic enough, with no proper emotes. We were also in the middle of repairing the Humvee through roleplay.
I have helix logging on, there are no LOOC messages in them. Either I was out of range or there weren't any.

Considering you claim not to have yours:

Does anyone else have the LOOC logs?

My point remains that you created your own problem, not because it was interesting but because you wanted to run around playing 'man with a gun and a 'tude', because of how you did it, not why.

You had a plenthora of options. You had creativity. You threw that down all the toilet and went for a one-liner emote braining the thing then tried to run the other one over with the barest of words. What do you expect to happen from that? It surely doesn't drive thought.

Considering you and your squad literally tried running over another vort for the initial crime of just being there, it's no wonder the 'negative reputation' built up so fast.

You want to play hardball, want to act like thugs with power? Go for it, but do it fucking creatively, all this shit just makes you lot seem like weak-kneed idiots crying for equality when you get kicked off the see-saw. You created your own problem and then sat with the consequences.

If I have a severe problem, I'll contact your leads.

This is related to the attitude you showed today, as a character. Was it appropriate? I don't quite think so, but it's IC.
I'm "calling it out" because it's a prime example showing that what you do effects everything, given you are the face of the city's authority and lowering your standards just reflects poorly on that.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Nebulae
You want to play hardball, want to act like thugs with power?
Literally what we're supposed to be/do lmao. No need to be angry my guy.

Would you get upset at Civil Protection for killing someone who repatively badgered/pestered them for days and then when a Rank Leader tells them to amputate him and they used an available means get mad?

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Just wanna point out that the vort in question was given several warnings and ample time to move out of the way, as they were standing in the middle of the road in front of a car trying to get through.
Almost like they were standing on the road to begin with when the initial shot was fired, the second huddled the corpse while you all got in the patrol car and then after you kept aggravating them they moved to block you in search of some vague answer?

Again, you really can't go the 'they were warned' route if you remember the entire context of what you did for a completely mundane situation. Even hardass beatcops in older iterations would have been more creative, and that's saying something!

They didn't move.
Oh, they did. Didn't run the thing over did you?

It doesn't change that you shot one for justifiably weak things, then tried to kill the other one because it wanted answers for a lethal sentence. Waving around "but we NLR'd them!" doesn't cut it:
server rules said:
if someone kills somebody else and it ends up as NLR, that person has still killed someone, and it should have the same weight ICly as a PK

You make the choice to be lethal, it should mean something.
An escalation is an escalation. The hell was the point of any of this, truly?

Litterally what we're supposed to be/do lmao
Read the full sentence. Please.
I have faith you can do that.

You want to play hardball, want to act like thugs with power? Go for it, but do it fucking creatively.

My DMs are still up if you want to take this to discord and have all that resolved.
Your forum edits are cute but I have a policy of directing everything nebulous related to forum conversations.

I don't get spam in forum conversations. I don't get phishing attempts. I don't get people editing entire conversations because they want to be funny or contradictory, and I don't have people trying to wipe their message history.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Would you get upset at Civil Protection for killing someone who repatively badgered/pestered them for days and then when a Rank Leader tells them to amputate him and they used an available means get mad?
You're not civil protection, you don't have a set of protocols, you don't have an ROE and you certainly don't have someone holding your hand. What you have is a vendor and quality expectations.

If CivPro shot someone for walking around with music for days on end without actually doing anything leading up to that, you can bet there would be some uproar about it given how things were back then.

What's the point of being on a roleplay server if you skip actual, interesting scenarios and go straight for "/me shoots thing"?

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Almost like they were standing on the road to begin with when the initial shot was fired, the second huddled the corpse while you all got in the patrol car and then after you kept aggravating them they moved to block you in search of some vague answer?

Again, you really can't go the 'they were warned' route if you remember the entire context of what you did for a completely mundane situation. Even hardass beatcops in older iterations would have been more creative, and that's saying something!

Oh, they did. Didn't run the thing over did you?

It doesn't change that you shot one for justifiably weak things, then tried to kill the other one because it wanted answers for a lethal sentence. Waving around "but we NLR'd them!" doesn't cut it:
First off, read the server lore for this map and the National Guard.

Second off, what did you want us to do? We warned him, he didn't move. He had the option of obeying and moving out of the way, he chose to not move. Did you want us to shoot him instead?

You watched your friend die and then you stand in the middle of the road when armed soldiers tell you to move. Either you move or you face the consequences, simple as. You can ask for answers as much as you like, but that's an IC issue, and there was no obligation to stop and "give answers'. It doesn't change that the vort in question refused to obey orders. Same with the "mundane" death of the first vort. This has no relation to the fact that the second vort refused to move as to stop blocking the road.

As for the first vort, I wasn't involved in that, I merely watched from a distance, but as far as I could see, the vort had its claws raised and a ball of vort magic spawned from them. If I am not mistaken, (and do correct me if I am wrong), the vort was in combat mode?

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the vort had its claws raised and a ball of vort magic spawned from them. If I am not mistaken, (and do correct me if I am wrong), the vort was in combat mode?
Someone was already looking at vort #1 (this vort) with a rifle out while the second (vort #2) was actively trying to defuse the situation. Someone else pulled a rifle, @Maytree climbs out of his patrol car and pulls his rifle. You still have the choice of de-escalation, no one's been hurt and then the shot is fired.

Again, you want to go down the path of violence? Okay, cool, do it properly.
Have some depth. Do something other than the cookie-cutter "/me domes the character" crap done in seconds.

First off, read the server lore for this map and the National Guard.
Don't cherry-pick my response to a false comparison, the NG and CivPro aren't tangibly the same.

As it is, you exist to create roleplay. That's a fact, you act as part of a narrative group. You can't create anything worthy of that label by shooting people down with what amounts to barebones single sentences, especially when you know you're supposed to have some weight to this.

(06:24:30) *** [Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] taps on the window "You hit my cart."
(06:24:57) [An alien creature standing above the ...] says something in Vortigese.
(06:25:02) *** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] continues pressing the wheel, seeking to tip the cart over and destroy *all* of the electronics!
(06:25:14) [Smells of static burns. His skin glea...] says something in Vortigese.
(06:25:27) *** [An alien creature standing above the ...] glances around the situation, putting their attention on the police car.
(06:25:28) [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "THERE! NO MUSIC FOR YOU."
(06:25:31) [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] yells "NOW FUCK OFF!"
(06:25:44) [An alien creature standing above the ...] says something in Vortigese.
(06:26:31) *** [A young national guardsman wearing a ...] raises their AK-74 towards the vortigaunt
(06:26:38) [An alien creature standing above the ...] says something in Vortigese.
(06:26:54) *** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] steps out the car, aiming his weapon at the Vortigaunt.
(06:27:08) [An alien creature standing above the ...] says "This insolence, must end."
(06:27:28) *** [A middle-aged man, brown-eyed with ma...] removes his gas mask, clipping it to his belt. He raises his weapon with a sigh and points it towards the Vortigaunt.
(06:27:35) [An alien creature standing above the ...] yells "Blood should not be spilled here, humans."
(06:27:41) *** [An indigenous male in his mid-thirtie...] wasted no time. He fire's a bullet to the Vortigaunt's head, piercing it through his eye and exiting the back of its skull.

Three minutes and eleven seconds, three /me's that convey no emotion. Literally three /me's.
I could dredge up better from Willard for fuck's sake, how is this something to aspire to?

He had the option of obeying and moving out of the way, he chose to not move. Did you want us to shoot him instead?
This has no relation to the fact that the second vort refused to move as to stop blocking the road.
Considering you shot his kin right there in front of him for trivialities, and was mourning over the corpse when you tried to get him to move away from where it was (exact middle of the street) you pretty much brought the problem on yourselves, again.

6yxkcnwdqz7.jpg

Definition of creating your own problem, first with the senseless shooting and then by not simply doing a U-turn or god forbid, going SLIGHTLY AROUND the road.

It doesn't change that the vort in question refused to obey orders.
This is the weakest excuse I've seen since Rodney King.

You had a patrol car literally drive into the cart which started this whole situation. There was no de-escalation. There were no orders given until the first vortigaunt had already been shot dead, and after that you expect compliance?

I would have called that completely out of character to just go "yuuuuuup, yes sir officer sir" and walk off like you hadn't just had your bretheren killed on the spot there over the most mundane crap possible, right up there with the ol' days of picking up rubbish scripts and being capped for shift+w jogging.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Someone was already looking at vort #1 (this vort) with a rifle out while the second (vort #2) was actively trying to defuse the situation. Someone else pulled a rifle, @Maytree climbs out of his patrol car and pulls his rifle. You still have the choice of de-escalation, no one's been hurt and then the shot is fired.

Again, you want to go down the path of violence? Okay, cool, do it properly.
Have some depth. Do something other than the cookie-cutter "/me domes the character" crap done in seconds.
Can't say anything for this, as I wasn't involved.

Don't cherry-pick my response to a false comparison, the NG and CivPro aren't tangibly the same.
They are not the same. But the lore document for the NG states the following:

"Irredentist ambitions and quasi-fascistic currents take hold of what has now become an instrument of repression; answering to the untamable criminal-city with a matching brutality that nearly puts Civil Protection to shame. Theirs is an imperfect solution for an imperfect world.

Anyone on the street could be an agent of the oppressor; and so anyone on the street must be subject to oppression at the slightest suspicion.

Harsh guardians
to some,
The newest tyrant to others."

As the lore states, the NG most definitely is as brutal as the Civil Protection.
As it is, you exist to create roleplay. That's a fact, you act as part of a narrative group. You can't create anything worthy of that label by shooting people down with what amounts to barebones single sentences, especially when you know you're supposed to have some weight to this.
I cannot speak for Maytree's actions, but considering you have not corrected me when I asked if the vort was in combat mode, then I will assume that it was. Would de-escalation have been preferable? Sure. But, again, take a look at the lore doc. The National Guard isn't meant to play around, and considering that the other vort had its claws raised, I can only make the educated guess that Maytree was acting under the impression that he would get vort-blasted at any time. This is my view on things and nothing more.

As for "barebones single sentences", this expectation of having to put an insane amount of detail in your /me's is unhealthy. Did you want the three /me's to include the arteries in Elijah Bell's body pumping more blood into his hands as they move to pick up the rifle and aim it at the vort?

You don't need to write a whole paragraph to roleplay shooting someone.

Three minutes and eleven seconds, three /me's that convey no emotion. Literally three /me's.
I could dredge up better from Willard for fuck's sake, how is this something to aspire to?
Three minutes sounds reasonable enough to me. As for the /me's, again, how much detail do you want put into the short and simple action of raising a gun and pulling its trigger?

Definition of creating your own problem, first with the senseless shooting and then by not simply doing a U-turn or god forbid, going SLIGHTLY AROUND the road.
You think this doesn't go both ways? Maybe the vort created his own problem by refusing to get out of the road. What did he expect, to not get run over? And besides, he wasn't even killed in this moment.

This is the weakest excuse I've seen since Rodney King.
Weak excuses is the point of the faction. Again, I must point you to the lore of the National Guard. Give it a read.

You had a patrol car literally drive into the cart which started this whole situation. There was no de-escalation.
This was not the first interaction that the NG had with the cart. Multiple times we've seen it in the middle of the road, blocking it, and sometimes, enough is enough.

There were no orders given until the first vortigaunt had already been shot dead, and after that you expect compliance?
The vort stayed in the middle of the road when he was told to move, and when he didn't, he expected to not face any consequences?

It goes both ways.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
As much as my writing skills for my emotes won't lend me a PhD on English Literature, my character wasn't given much of a choice for doing what he did.

1. Elijah Bell is a Sociopath, just like any other soldier in the National Guard.
2. The Vortigaunt kept blocking the streets and to noise pollute the entire block, despite receiving a multitude of warnings by us as if they sought us for a hostile reaction.
3. The Vortigaunt continued to cause disturbances after I had rammed their music box, by charging their palms and giving out death threats.
4. They gave death-threats and charged their palms just in general. Threatening officials isn't allowed.
5. Arresting the Vortigaunt or forcibly doing so will lead Elijah or his Comrades dying. If the Vortigaunt's reaction was bordering on killing the National Guard for destroying or confiscating their Musicbox, then it's no wonder how they would react to getting jailed (in turn, getting separated from their music box).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.