Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Take what I say as you will. I'm not forcing you or anyone to like my character's nature. You are welcome to assassinate Elijah or form up an insurrection to wipe out the National Guard, just like everyone else. These Vortigaunts were given NLR instead of PKs, as wished by me and likely everyone else. The entire faction and associating characters will probably not exist anymore after the server concludes Romania.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
make a ban request if you’re so butthurt about it innit

Doing the jannies jobs for them (also for free) is kinda silly on a thread like this

Varife

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hello I was the cart vort in this situation, I was tabbed out when the first few warnings were given by the NG hence my unmoving and lack of response, I never purposely avoid rp in any situation. When I tabbed in Maytree had already hit my cart and was in the action of ramming my cart, hence my /me taps on the window “You hit my cart.” this then escalated into a situation which lead me say

/me Seals his eyes shut and generates green energy from deep within, collecting it into a ready mighty vortibean, he says to the man “You touch my cart again, you die.”

Maytree basically responded to this by basically saying /me kills vort with no attempt to roll or await a counter /me which is very low quality RP in my opinion. I was quite surprised by this as the second vort was attempting to de-escalate the situation and it could have very easily been de-escalated if it wasn't for Maytree’s gung-ho attitude. This had the potential to be a very interesting situation but was cut short by poor judgement.

1. Elijah Bell is a Sociopath, just like any other soldier in the National Guard.
Not only is making your character a "Sociopath" a very poor and lazy attempt at character creating, but it also hinders RP because it gives you the ability to avoid any kind of build up or passive RP and jump straight into gun firing.

2. The Vortigaunt kept blocking the streets and to noise pollute the entire block, despite receiving a multitude of warnings by us as if they sought us for a hostile reaction.
The city is plagued with daily attacks from the combine, growing and expanding infestation areas, drug gangs and many other awful things. Are you really telling that a vort dragging a cart down the road is such an upset for the national guard? No it isnt, it's simply an excuse for you to produce poor RP and the ability to dick swing.

3. The Vortigaunt continued to cause disturbances after I had rammed their music box, by charging their palms and giving out death threats.
And how should of this been addressed? Through a little something called "Roleplay." your actions held little thought of the consequences of your actions. But it's okay cause your character is a "Sociopath"!!

4. They gave death-threats and charged their palms just in general. Threatening officials isn't allowed.
A death threat given to you if you performed a specific action, which was "touch my cart again." Also a vort charging their palms for a beam is the same level of threat as pointing a weapon at someone with your finger on the trigger. It is what you call a "stand-off" and a stand-off has plenty of room for decent RP. Shooting straight away with nothing but a half-arsed /me is not RP.

5. Arresting the Vortigaunt or forcibly doing so will lead Elijah or his Comrades dying. If the Vortigaunt's reaction was bordering on killing the National Guard for destroying or confiscating their Musicbox, then it's no wonder how they would react to getting jailed (in turn, getting separated from their music box).
So one minute your character is a gung-ho Sociopath, next minute his is worried about the safety of his comrades? Pick a lane chief, also if your character was so worried about potential harm to their comrades then maybe de-escalation would of been the smartest choice? Or god forbid any RP would of been nice.

Generally Fruity

Proton
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Hello I was the cart vort in this situation, I was tabbed out when the first few warnings were given by the NG hence my unmoving and lack of response, I never purposely avoid rp in any situation. When I tabbed in Maytree had already hit my cart and was in the action of ramming my cart, hence my /me taps on the window “You hit my cart.” this then escalated into a situation which lead me say

/me Seals his eyes shut and generates green energy from deep within, collecting it into a ready mighty vortibean, he says to the man “You touch my cart again, you die.”

Maytree basically responded to this by basically saying /me kills vort with no attempt to roll or await a counter /me which is very low quality RP in my opinion. I was quite surprised by this as the second vort was attempting to de-escalate the situation and it could have very easily been de-escalated if it wasn't for Maytree’s gung-ho attitude. This had the potential to be a very interesting situation but was cut short by poor judgement.

Not only is making your character a "Sociopath" a very poor and lazy attempt at character creating, but it also hinders RP because it gives you the ability to avoid any kind of build up or passive RP and jump straight into gun firing.

The city is plagued with daily attacks from the combine, growing and expanding infestation areas, drug gangs and many other awful things. Are you really telling that a vort dragging a cart down the road is such an upset for the national guard? No it isnt, it's simply an excuse for you to produce poor RP and the ability to dick swing.

And how should of this been addressed? Through a little something called "Roleplay." your actions held little thought of the consequences of your actions. But it's okay cause your character is a "Sociopath"!!

A death threat given to you if you performed a specific action, which was "touch my cart again." Also a vort charging their palms for a beam is the same level of threat as pointing a weapon at someone with your finger on the trigger. It is what you call a "stand-off" and a stand-off has plenty of room for decent RP. Shooting straight away with nothing but a half-arsed /me is not RP.

So one minute your character is a gung-ho Sociopath, next minute his is worried about the safety of his comrades? Pick a lane chief, also if your character was so worried about potential harm to their comrades then maybe de-escalation would of been the smartest choice? Or god forbid any RP would of been nice.
Your man was killed wrongly. Such is life.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Maytree basically responded to this by basically saying /me kills vort with no attempt to roll or await a counter /me
To be fair, even if you were to roll... and, let's say, you rolled higher... what would happen?

Would the bullet change its trajectory 90 degrees mid-air and hit a wall? Or would you dodge the bullet that's coming at you at 2,000 feet a second? How do you counter a bullet heading your way?

Varife

Neutrino
Nebulae
To be fair, even if you were to roll... and, let's say, you rolled higher... what would happen?

Would the bullet change its trajectory 90 degrees mid-air and hit a wall? Or would you dodge the bullet that's coming at you at 2,000 feet a second? How do you counter a bullet heading your way?
well the shot would miss mate it aint rocket science

Varife

Neutrino
Nebulae
How would it not hit you when the muzzle is aimed at your head from a mere 5 (at most) metres?
With that logic applied to every /me combat scenario, there wouldn't be any point in doing them at all. If /me shots and kills was the first /me in every situation with no contest then it may as well just be S2K at all times.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
With that logic applied to every /me combat scenario, there wouldn't be any point in doing them at all. If /me shots and kills was the first /me in every situation with no contest then it may as well just be S2K at all times.
If we somehow had the ability to dodge bullets from point blank range, well, the server would be a poofest right now.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
My argument is more doing the /me kills then firing straight away, it's just poor and lazy.
It wasn't just "/me kills", it was a little more detailed than that, though I do agree that Maytree should at least have given you the chance to /me your death.

key

Nebulae
even at close range you can flub your shots, especially in combat situations. stress and anxiety are real and they do have an effect on the body.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
It wasn't just "/me kills", it was a little more detailed than that, though I do agree that Maytree should at least have given you the chance to /me your death.
[20:23:33] [LOOC] 'Elvis': roll?
[20:23:34] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: nlr btw
[20:23:41] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: Not gonna respond tho?
[20:24:09] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: I'll just shoot if that's fine
[20:24:23] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: I'll give ya 3 seconds
[20:24:37] [LOOC] LCpl. Elijah Bell: okdoki...
[20:24:39] 'Elvis' has taken 42 damage from LCpl. Elijah Bell.
[20:24:39] 'Elvis' died at location: 5760.551758 8031.596680 120.031250.
[20:24:39] LCpl. Elijah Bell has killed 'Elvis' with ix_vpo.
[20:24:39] LCpl. Elijah Bell has begun shooting with a Vepr KM/VPO-136.
[20:25:15] 'Elvis' used command '/Help potential rdm not sure?'.

i waited over 2 minutes for a response.
Ngl, I shouldn't paid attention of Elvis's question but the point still stands.

key

Nebulae
also want to quickly point out I'm not taking a stance on whatever it is you guys are discussing beyond the fact that it is possible to miss at close range. I do not know of the intricacies of the situation and I'm not really interested in getting into a debate.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
My faults aside. There's no excuse for you two to violate your given NLRs and terrorize the active NGs who had nothing to do with the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.